Old 30th April 2013, 19:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Civved : Masinagudi

Excellent pics and nice captions, laluks

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Isolated

Attachment 1079022 ...
Is this the Forest department guest house (log house ?) at Theppakadu ?

I had been to that place many years ago, and this seems familiar.
Blue Thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 19:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Great Photography...

I born and brought up in Kerala in a place approximately 80 kms away from Ooty. But I never visited these places. Masinagudi is a must to see place..

Thanks for sharing..
Thanks MaxTorque.
Masinagudi is a nice place if you just explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Lovely pictologue ...enjoyed every snap and itsy bitsy narrative.
Thank you sudev More snaps coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
Just like all your previous photologues, this one too turned out to be a beautiful one. Brilliant photos and thanks for the idea for a masanagudi trip!
Thanks sajusherief

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2p View Post
Dear laluks, very nice post. I have no words to express the beauty of the snaps. Wonderful job. Yes I did ignore this place en route Ooty. Will stop by next time for sure. Thanks for the new 'Civved' story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Hi Lalu,

Nice classic pictures. One thing you mentioned was right. Masinagudi is always neglected, for the thrill and focus is on Ooty. I have also done the same. I have a reason now to go back to this place once again.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
We all did the same time, ignored this place for the onward destination always. If you don't have much time reach here by morning, roam around and be at Ooty by nightfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Now, all thanks to you, crowds will go to Masinagudi and I will go to a crowd free Ooty
That was the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Just awesome pics, the editing is top-notch.

I was not sure if I should appreciate nature's beauty more; or appreciate the man-made beauty (your civic). I was just wondering this morning that Honda probably makes the best cars in terms of looks (they age so beautifully)... sorry a bit OT.
Thanks vasanthn21.
Regarding Honda, you're absolutely right. One day a close friend asked, when are you changing cars, my answer was atleast for now there is none that will match Civvy in beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Lalu - This time your focus is on feathered friends? Nice shots of the birds. We are driving through Mudumalai - Bandipur on 10th May night. How about the traffic through forest now a days?
I went out to Mudhumalai on one of the mornings by 06:00AM, by 06:30AM Mudumalai had a small traffic jam with all those cars coming in. During Holidays there is a mad rush, and speeds are higher these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Wonderful travelogue @ Laluks. Masinagudi is a place which is so close to my heart. Loved reading it and loved your pictures too. I used to love driving through Bandipur, Misanagudi all the way till Ooty specially through the 36 bends road. Your travelogue made me nostalgic about my earlier days in Bangalore.
Thanks Samba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Excellent pics and nice captions, laluks

Is this the Forest department guest house (log house ?) at Theppakadu ?

I had been to that place many years ago, and this seems familiar.
Thanks Blue Thunder
That house was en route Singara, and was in dilapidated condition.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 19:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi Laluks,

Good pictures and crisp write up!

Your thread brings up memories of my visit to Masinagudi(will do that again upon my return to India!) and the virgin surroundings it still offers us!

We, infact cancelled our Ooty accomodation and returned to Jungle retreats extending our stay for two more days. Ooty has become too crammed with visitors and does not offer the earlier serenity it had
getsurya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 20:47   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Laluks,

Good pictures and crisp write up!

Your thread brings up memories of my visit to Masinagudi(will do that again upon my return to India!) and the virgin surroundings it still offers us!

We, infact cancelled our Ooty accomodation and returned to Jungle retreats extending our stay for two more days. Ooty has become too crammed with visitors and does not offer the earlier serenity it had
Thank You getsurya
You are right. Ooty is quite crowded these days
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 21:16   #35
BHPian

Hey Laluks, Awesome pictures. I would love to explore this place too. Btw, how do you manage to get time to travel almost round the year ??
Viper21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 22:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
Hey Laluks, Awesome pictures. I would love to explore this place too.
Thanks Viper. It is a beautiful place.
Old 30th April 2013, 23:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Come summer, school holidays and I knew that some thing cool to the eyes and mind would hit the forum soon and you did not disappoint.
Nice selection of the place to visit, as usual.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 07:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
let the crowd go to Ooty, but let us go Masinagudi.
Wow! With each travelogue, it looks like your photography, your writing skills and, not to forget, the Civvy keeps getting better and better. You took me down the memory lane as we did the same thing of trying to escape from the crowd and zeroing in on Masinagudi. As you rightly stated, it was beautiful!

Though I managed to put up a short travelogue in my blog, I didn't do that here in Team-BHP as the standards are higher, much higher. Let's leave it to experts like you.

I hope you wouldn't mind me posting a few snaps taken during our trip. Masinagudi was even more pleasing to the eyes then, with monsoon showers ensuring that the place was filled with greenery everywhere.

Civved : Masinagudi-landscape-6.jpg
Civved : Masinagudi-landscape-7.jpg

And yeah, we did that in the Civic too!

Civved : Masinagudi-automobile-3.jpg
Civved : Masinagudi-automobile-4.jpg

The car is such a pleasure to drive and such a delight to look at that its limitations like less ground clearance and soft rear suspension can do nothing to even let us start looking elsewhere for an option.
arvi86 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 08:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I stayed at Deep Woods, a Mahindra property.
Is it still called Casa Deep Woods. When i went there it used to be a Zest property and did not require one to be a Mahindra member to book. Is that still the case?

The pictures are awesome, especially the black and white ones.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 09:26   #40
BHPian

@laluks You are really getting good at this, alternate career option

I must say the pictures are really beautiful, been on this route multiple times, Masinagudi was always beautiful, but your pictures make it look all the more. Wishing you many more of these wonderful trips.
shabash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 13:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Come summer, school holidays and I knew that some thing cool to the eyes and mind would hit the forum soon and you did not disappoint.
Nice selection of the place to visit, as usual.
Thanks Rajeev.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Wow! With each travelogue, it looks like your photography, your writing skills and, not to forget, the Civvy keeps getting better and better. You took me down the memory lane as we did the same thing of trying to escape from the crowd and zeroing in on Masinagudi. As you rightly stated, it was beautiful!

Though I managed to put up a short travelogue in my blog, I didn't do that here in Team-BHP as the standards are higher, much higher. Let's leave it to experts like you.

I hope you wouldn't mind me posting a few snaps taken during our trip. Masinagudi was even more pleasing to the eyes then, with monsoon showers ensuring that the place was filled with greenery everywhere.

And yeah, we did that in the Civic too!

The car is such a pleasure to drive and such a delight to look at that its limitations like less ground clearance and soft rear suspension can do nothing to even let us start looking elsewhere for an option.
Thanks arvi.
Your civic looks cool Thanks for the pictures.
Yes You are right, at this point in time there is nothing we can even consider against our Civvy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Is it still called Casa Deep Woods. When i went there it used to be a Zest property and did not require one to be a Mahindra member to book. Is that still the case?

The pictures are awesome, especially the black and white ones.
Thanks mayank.
It can be booked by any Mahindra member or Zest Member. Also guest bookings are possible, and you need not be a member, but may be limited to off seasons if not fully occupied as it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
@laluks You are really getting good at this, alternate career option

I must say the pictures are really beautiful, been on this route multiple times, Masinagudi was always beautiful, but your pictures make it look all the more. Wishing you many more of these wonderful trips.
Thanks shabash.
Alternate career option? I'd be glad to take it up.
Am currently chilling out at another wonderful place
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 14:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! What a beautiful place! This is a must visit destination now.

Thanks for the wonderful pictures, I had a fun time reading the captions and seeing the beautiful pictures on a holiday. I have been reading your travelogues for quite some time now, and all are very very nice. Please do keep visiting more such beautiful places and also keep posting more & more travelogues!
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 13:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Wow!! What a beautiful place! This is a must visit destination now.

Thanks for the wonderful pictures, I had a fun time reading the captions and seeing the beautiful pictures on a holiday. I have been reading your travelogues for quite some time now, and all are very very nice. Please do keep visiting more such beautiful places and also keep posting more & more travelogues!
Thanks W.A.G.7
A few travelogues are in the making
Old 2nd May 2013, 15:29   #44
BHPian

I am big fan of you travelogues.
The opening image is quite a clincher. Simply superb narrative with few words & many pictures. Eagerly waiting for more.
I love the perspectives of images. Simply beautiful. By the way while on drive how do you manage to find time to take so many "well done" shots
Wireless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 17:19   #45
BHPian

Simply awesome pics!! Was looking for some travel location post Summer (didn't want to get to Ooty in summer) and your travelogue seems to have made the decision for me!!
n_mouli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks