Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2013, 14:06   #16
BHPian

Re: A leisurely trip to Valsad, Gujarat

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
You are undoubtedly a foodie :P
Nice trip - filled with fun & relaxation.
I can understand how the Pioneer unit made a good companion throughout the drive. I absolutely can not do a highway ride without good music
People who know me, fully agree with your views. I need a sticker on my ride, LOVE TO EAT.

The main aim of this trip was to relax and enjoy. Had been busy with projects and exams since the 3-4 months and had tension all over. Perfect gap and the opportunity grasped.

Long drives, good music, bliss!

Quote:
It wouldn't have been too nice to have salty tap water at SALTY resorts - seems a bit strange. Thanks for the detailed coverage on the resort.
Yes, we too were surprised and that is what we asked to the manager. He says it with a blank face that they feel it as normal water.

Quote:
All in all, a good compilation. Appreciate the effort.
Thank You. Inspired by all the TLs out here.
Old 25th June 2013, 14:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
There is one doubt that I had throughout the trip.

Which is the best time to fill up air in the tyres? I did that in the morning while leaving for the trip, but at that time, it showed a couple of Psi's more than the recommended pressure. That was with the car loaded with luggage and people. When I had it checked a couple of days ago, it was all normal.

Any pointers what would be the best time?
My understanding is that it should be in the morning when the tires are cold and within a usage of around 5kms or so (dont recall the exact usage though ).
Between dont we have a recommended pressure for full load as well?
Old 25th June 2013, 15:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
My understanding is that it should be in the morning when the tires are cold and within a usage of around 5kms or so (dont recall the exact usage though ).
Between dont we have a recommended pressure for full load as well?
I am not so sure about the pressure for full load. AFAIK, nothing is mentioned on the car. I meant to ask, will the pressure reading differ if I fill it with everyone sitting in the car, or should I fill it with the car empty?

Thanks.
Old 25th June 2013, 16:01   #19
BHPian

Yes. The ratings given are always for an unloaded car AFAIK. So best option is to fill the car when empty and on a cold tire (in the morning or having run less than an hour at low speed or less than 4-5kms of distance)
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 16:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Valsad ! My hometown ! Lovely to see pictures of the Tithal Beach - brings back a whole load of memories.

And the road that you took, the coastal highway, I travelled there on May Day for a foodie trip to Parsi Da Dhaba ! It's so calm and serene out there - peace and quiet.

Thanks for refreshing my memories.
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 14:08   #21
BHPian

Nice travelogue and lots of good info here.
It'll be very helpful in planning a weekend trip outside Mumbai. Last Sunday, I too had an itch to get out of town, but not too much time, so I just had a long 3hr drive down the NH8. This is truly a good road surface, and should be the inspiration to other NH's in this regard, I just loved it.
Thanks for sharing.
gomzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 14:14   #22
BHPian

What are the other options of staying there? And what's the per-day cost like?
Old 26th June 2013, 23:11   #23
BHPian

Awesome Travelogue Carzone!! Loved the Pics of Tithal and nearabouts & yeah you do seem quite a foodie!!

I used to have a place in Bordi, and have many many childhood memories of vacations spent in the glistening sands of the untouched beaches!! although still not over-exploited by tourism, population has taken its toll, and Bordi beach is a shadow of itself, and full of filth in the mornings, where people faeceate in the open further down to the fishing village!!

But More than anything Thanks for Shiv Bhelpuri, the coolest hangout in Bordi! Clearly not lavish, but awesome memories!

Thanks Again!
Paras
parassoni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 13:14   #24
BHPian

Sorry for the late replies, work kept me busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
And the road that you took, the coastal highway, I travelled there on May Day for a foodie trip to Parsi Da Dhaba ! It's so calm and serene out there - peace and quiet.
We had a TBHP drive to Parsi Da Dhaba, that I missed. On my way back, I did see the place, but with our tummies full, had to skip that. Next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Thanks for refreshing my memories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Nice travelogue and lots of good info here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
Awesome Travelogue Carzone!! Loved the Pics of Tithal and nearabouts & yeah you do seem quite a foodie!!

Glad you liked them. Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
It'll be very helpful in planning a weekend trip outside Mumbai. Last Sunday, I too had an itch to get out of town, but not too much time, so I just had a long 3hr drive down the NH8. This is truly a good road surface, and should be the inspiration to other NH's in this regard, I just loved it.
Thanks for sharing.
NH8 is really a great surface, only if the truckers had a bit more discipline in them. Also, I wish there would be less number of toll Plazas on the route. You have one after every 60kms with long ques that really breaks down your momentum. Have never driven on other NH's that are a part of Golden Quadrilateral except the MUM-Pune Eway, but yes, they might be good as well. Just a guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
What are the other options of staying there? And what's the per-day cost like?
I was not involved in the booking procedure, but we did have a option of staying in a temple there, which itself has awesome rooms, I was told. But unfortunately, the rooms were all booked on account of some festival there. I did mention that in the TL as well.

The per-day cost of the SALTY resort was around 900 bucks for the non-AC room. Not including food. I don't know weather it included extra person as well. Sorry, this is the only info I have.

Quote:
I used to have a place in Bordi, and have many many childhood memories of vacations spent in the glistening sands of the untouched beaches!! although still not over-exploited by tourism, population has taken its toll, and Bordi beach is a shadow of itself, and full of filth in the mornings, where people faeceate in the open further down to the fishing village!!
Oh, so you had your childhood in Bordi? Lucky you!
The beaches were awesome till around 4-5 years back(that's till where my memory serves me) and we used to even venture out in the waters. Now, the tourism is blooming, industries blooming, and the environment is suffering. The waters which used to be relatively clean, now are not worth a mention. A couple of years ago, we even saw oil stains on some part of the beach. Now, we no more get into the waters, just enjoy from a distance.

Quote:
But More than anything Thanks for Shiv Bhelpuri, the coolest hangout in Bordi! Clearly not lavish, but awesome memories!

Thanks Again!
Paras
HaHaHa.
Yes, the Shiv Bhelpuri wala. I had the approx location where it was and I too was not sure about the place. When I entered Bordi, it was the only place which was booming with activity, that sums it up. Not lavish, but if your are a foodie, what the heck matters!
carzone is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2017, 22:01   #25
BHPian

@carzone, thanks for your travelogue. It was useful after so many years when we did a trip to Tithal from Pune.

Did stay at the Salty Beach Resort. Its location near beach is its main advantage. Otherwise it does not appear to be one of the better options. The tap water is indeed salty here. Don't know where they get it from. The rooms do not appear as nice as your photography makes them look (or may be things changed since then). Basin taps were broken in our room and the staff was quite unapologetic about it. And yes, the doggy that you mentioned and shared a photograph of still happily roams around there and is usually seen napping near the reception.

We did not try food here as the so called garden restaurant arrangement looked too tentative.

Staff was quite annoyed with our desire to pay electronically. Neither they accept credit cards nor entertain money transfer. They made pay in cash only. In fact the prior booking amount was accepted by them online and we had great difficulty having them reconile it with the final bill.

Swaminarayan temple is beautiful and the food at Premvati restaurant there there was good as well. Also visited Sai temple. For dinner we went to "Bombay Grain Society Resturant" which is about half km from the resort. The food was just amazing here. I'd highly recommend this place for all the foodies, particularly for authentic Gujarati food here.

There was a high tide in the evening when we went to the beach and it just appears rocky and there isn't much fun being at the beach. May be it is better off during the low tides.

Overall definitely a place to relax and enjoy for a day or so over a weekend and certainly great food at the place I mentioned.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks