Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 18:57   #31
BHPian

Re: A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001 View Post
Hi Kiyon,

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful trip. But here on T-BHP we expect some pictures and a detailed report

Please do the needful.

Regards,
Anant
Sure .. Here it comes Sir...

Some things worth mentioning..
  • Don't miss to trek up the hill early morning.. You can have a view of entire Virajpet town. You can go by car too, there is a very narrow road with steep curves with occasional autos coming in front !
  • At Dubare camp don't go for River rafting !! Absolute waste. I can call it as a pleasure boat ride.. They were charging 600 per head and I was reluctant to go. I doubted whether there were any rapids.. My wife wanted to go and I couldn't say no
    We got in after a lot of waiting and just half km into the water we saw some what i could describe as class 1 rapids for about a minute or two and then we were back in the slow moving water !!..We jumped into the water with life jackets on, did swim for a while as the water current took us along with the raft.. The group running the raft exactly know that they have to kill time doing things other than rafting. All that they were doing is to push every one into the water, splash water on the other groups, make us row into a big rock and feel the impact, Crazy !
    Towards the end there were few smaller waves for a minute and again steady current...

The more adventurous part was getting back once the activity was over.. Waited in their jeep for 40 min till all rafts reached the point. The jeep had a trailer and was loaded with all 4 rafts, all rowing equipment and life jackets some 32 sets loaded with 6 guests in the back and 6 from the group which runs the business with two hanging on the sides...
Attached Thumbnails
A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04271.jpg  

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04276.jpg  

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04289.jpg  

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04301.jpg  

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04321.jpg  

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04322.jpg  

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04396.jpg  

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04409.jpg  

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04447.jpg  

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04451.jpg  

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04469.jpg  

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04473.jpg  

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04546.jpg  

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04548.jpg  

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04553.jpg  

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04592.jpg  

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc04629.jpg  

Old 11th June 2014, 18:39   #32
BHPian

Came across your lovely travelogue while browsing for Coffee Trails. I am planning to go there during Oct 1st week. Would have loved to drive down from Ahmedabad, but would be flying down to bangalore as I have just 3 days time. Can you suggest the best route to be taken from Bangalore to Coffee Trails. Any other recommendations for 'to do things' on the trip, as I will be staying there for 3 nights.
Old 12th June 2014, 09:41   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI_77 View Post
Came across your lovely travelogue while browsing for Coffee Trails. I am planning to go there during Oct 1st week. Would have loved to drive down from Ahmedabad, but would be flying down to bangalore as I have just 3 days time. Can you suggest the best route to be taken from Bangalore to Coffee Trails. Any other recommendations for 'to do things' on the trip, as I will be staying there for 3 nights.
Thanks Adi.

The best route would be Bangalore-Mysore-Hunsur-Periyapatna-Kushalnagar-Siddapura-Virajpet.

There is another route from Periyapatna but that is not in a good condition. So I would still recommend the above even if it is a bit long.

To do things:
1. Obviously you can visit the places we have visited. They are good.
2. Apart from that, there is a reservoir by name Chakkuli. It is a beautiful place with very less crowd. Not many people know about it. When driving from Kushalnagar to Virajpet, there is a left turn off to go to Dubare Elephant Camp. This reservoir comes 4 kms before that left turn. You have to take a right from the main road and travel around 3 kms. I recommend going there to watch the sun set. Attaching some pictures of the place.
A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc02247.jpg

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc02250.jpg

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc02286.jpg

A weekend drive : Bangalore to Virajpet-dsc02307.jpg

Happy journey. Please free to contact if you need any help in Bangalore.

Regards,
Anant
anantu2001 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed