Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2013, 15:09   #16
BHPian

Re: Weekend drive to the Jewel of the South (Yercaud)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Hi Satshan,

Glad to see that you enjoyed the trip. I and my wife went to Yercaud couple of months back and we stayed there for 3 days.

Fortunately for us, Kiliyur falls had plenty of water when we visited. But the climb up to the top was too tiring for my wife.

Didn't you visit Raja Rajeswari Temple when you visited Shevaroy's Temple, Sri Chakra maha Meru Temple, and Karadiyur View point? One need to cross Raja Rajeswari Temple and then branch out toward Shevaroy's Temple, or Sri Chakra maha meru Temple and Karadiyur View point.

Did you attempt to enter Montfort School? We were not allowed inside, however I saw that some people were allowed to enter (probably parents?).

Nice to know that you enjoyed the food at Saravana Bhavan Elite. We tried Salem Heights and Shevaroy's Restaurant also, but felt that the food at Saravana bhavan Elite to be much better.
Thank you scorpion_blore. Yes, you were fortunate regarding Kiliyur falls. When we went there, falls didn't had much water.

I remember Raja Rajeswari Temple is on the way to Sri Chakra maha Meru Temple. We wanted to visit it, however we had to skip it due to large crowd and very less car parking area.

The structure and design of Montfort school looks amazing. Even we tried to enter it, however the entry is restricted for public.

I agree with you, Saravana Bhavan Elite has the best food in terms taste and quality.
Old 12th January 2014, 18:48   #17
BHPian

Some more info (Jan 2014)
Hotel Saravana Bhavan Elite - Seems sleazy, rates are too high; higher than at the Lakefront Resort. As others have mentioned, this is not part of the well known Saravana Bhavan chain. AVOID.
The better alternative is Malar, which is part of Hotel Sheveroys.

Tried the Karimangalam-Harur-Yercaud route. Every bit as good as stated above and avoided all the Salem local traffic.
Old 14th January 2014, 18:51   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Some more info (Jan 2014)
Tried the Karimangalam-Harur-Yercaud route. Every bit as good as stated above and avoided all the Salem local traffic.
mvadg - can you share info on road conditions and traffic or any other specifics that you can remember. Planning to drive there early Feb in a WagonR.

Thanks
Rj
Old 15th January 2014, 17:03   #19
BHPian

@procrj
Mostly the road is good, except for very tiny stretches. Low traffic (around 10 am - 11am), watch out for speed breakers near villages - not more than half a dozen, total. Smooth road compared to blr. Better than stop and go via Salem.

Most Viewed