Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2015, 00:25   #46
BHPian

Re: Civved : Devarayanadurga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
These roads are pretty good for a weekend drive.
Had been to DD hills on 24/01/2014.
Onward route was Kyatasandra - Namada Chilume - DD hills.
Intermediate visit DD hills - Goravanahalli Temple.
Return route was Goravanahalli Temple - Urdigere - Dabaspete.

The onward route was good. It was a lot of fun driving on the winding roads with green foliage all around. Rolled the windows down and enjoyed the cool breeze.

The SH 3, road connecting Dabaspete to Goravanahalli Temple, is under construction. There were several diversions on route. In some sections the roads were bing metaled. It was unnerving driving on loose stones on which the road roller had not been run. Some sections were
silky smooth! Other sections were muddy with loose stones. The KSRTC busses on this route do not slow down for any hump, ditch, roadwork whatsoever. Every time I saw one in the IRVM i moved to the side and let it pass. The drive from Goravanahalli Temple to dabaspete was unpleasant. For those visiting Devarayana Durga only, I would recommend the onward route mentioned above for the return as well.

I had a good time overall. It was pretty adventurous considering that this was my first one day trip in my first car

Thanks to all the guys who posted about DD hills in several threads.

Stats :
Car : A-Star Zxi
Distance Covered: 248 KM
Departure time : 7 AM
Return Time : 9 PM (Had reached Peenya at 5:25PM. Traffic from there on)

The Star cooling in the shade atop a hill near Bhoganarashima Temple. Free lunch is served in the temple for pilgrims. It is a simple meal and comprises of one serving of plain rice with sambar devoid of any vegetables followed by a serving of rice with watery curd. Recommended only for those who are ok with a plain simple lunch :
Civved : Devarayanadurga-img_20150124_124316429_hdr-800x600.jpg

Fresh veggies from Oorigere :
Civved : Devarayanadurga-img_20150124_210828482.jpg

Last edited by rajathv8 : 26th January 2015 at 00:34.
Old 27th February 2015, 09:39   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
Had been to DD hills on 24/01/2014.
Onward route was Kyatasandra - Namada Chilume - DD hills.
Intermediate visit DD hills - Goravanahalli Temple.
Return route was Goravanahalli Temple - Urdigere - Dabaspete.

The onward route was good. It was a lot of fun driving on the winding roads with green foliage all around. Rolled the windows down and enjoyed the cool breeze.

The SH 3, road connecting Dabaspete to Goravanahalli Temple, is under construction. There were several diversions on route. In some sections the roads were bing metaled. It was unnerving driving on loose stones on which the road roller had not been run. Some sections were
silky smooth! Other sections were muddy with loose stones. The KSRTC busses on this route do not slow down for any hump, ditch, roadwork whatsoever. Every time I saw one in the IRVM i moved to the side and let it pass. The drive from Goravanahalli Temple to dabaspete was unpleasant. For those visiting Devarayana Durga only, I would recommend the onward route mentioned above for the return as well.
Planning a trip to Goravanahalli and Ghati Subramanya Temple. Currently, which is the best route (my car is a Civic). Thanks in advance.
Old 28th February 2015, 10:34   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Planning a trip to Goravanahalli and Ghati Subramanya Temple. Currently, which is the best route (my car is a Civic). Thanks in advance.

I just looked at Google maps. The road from Dobbaspet to Urdigere and Kuratagere I thought is decent.

Route Link

So I dont know which section Rajath mentions is bad. (Or not sure if this same road, has gone so bad)

Also since you may coming from the Hindupur-Doddaballapur SH side, I dont know how the road conditions are.
Old 1st March 2015, 10:58   #49
BHPian

Quote:
So I dont know which section Rajath mentions is bad. (Or not sure if this same road, has gone so bad)
Thats the one. Dabaspete to Urdigere route has several detours as under road water channels are being constructed. So while the road between the construction points were "ok" I found it quite annoying to slow down to crawling speed every now and then. May be worse in a Civvy since some sections had steep drops from tarred to non-tarred sections.

This continues after Urdigere as well with the addition of road paving work. We reached a section that was super silky smooth only to be greeted by a metaled road with loose jelly stones for about 100m.

I do not know an alternate route to avoid all of the above. I would suggest the route in below image. The route with trees on either side is more scenic and the twisties make it fun.

Civved : Devarayanadurga-alt1.jpg

Another alternative that I have not tried :
Civved : Devarayanadurga-alt2.jpg
Old 17th November 2017, 09:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

Not sure whether anyone around here in this thread.

In case someone sees this and have some inputs, let me know-

I'm planning a ride to DD hills and planning to deviate from Dobaspet itself without going to Tumkur. Is there any good hotel for breakfast in that case. Either on the highway upto Dobaspet or in Dobaspet - DD hill stretch?
Old 17th November 2017, 10:05   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

I'm planning a ride to DD hills and planning to deviate from Dobaspet itself without going to Tumkur. Is there any good hotel for breakfast in that case. Either on the highway upto Dobaspet or in Dobaspet - DD hill stretch?
You can definitely try the famous Thatte Idly near Kyathsandra https://www.tripadvisor.in/Attractio...Karnataka.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...et-tumkur.html
Old 17th November 2017, 10:38   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is Kamat at Dobbaspet and also a coffee day. They are right before the exit. to DD Hills.

Thatte Idly place is in Tumkur.

Last edited by ampere : 17th November 2017 at 10:41.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 14:10   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
You can definitely try the famous Thatte Idly near Kyathsandra
This looks to be in Tumkur. I am planning to exit the highway before Tumkur itself.

Quote:
There is Kamat at Dobbaspet and also a coffee day. They are right before the exit. to DD Hills.
Was trying to locate, are you talking about this Kamat?
Civved : Devarayanadurga-dd.jpg

It looks to be after the exit towards to DD Hills. So I should be going further ahead on highway and U-turn and come back is it. That should not be still a problem. Does not look like a long detour.
Old 17th November 2017, 14:39   #54
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Was trying to locate, are you talking about this Kamat?
It looks to be after the exit towards to DD Hills. So I should be going further ahead on highway and U-turn and come back is it. That should not be still a problem. Does not look like a long detour.
No, the one you are looking at is the Kamat after the exit towards Devarayanadurga.

There is a Kamat before the Devarayanduraga exit.
This Kamat is beside a HP petrol bunk, I think part of the same campus.

Please see this map link
*Zoom in to see the hotels

I have also heard that Shree Rathnam (on left side just before the Kamat/HP bunk) is good too, I haven't tried it yet though.

EDIT:Marked Kamat and Rathnam on the map below
Civved : Devarayanadurga-map.png

Last edited by NPV : 17th November 2017 at 15:03.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 15:30   #55
Team-BHP Support

As NPV mentioned there are 3 Kamats around that area. 2 on the side toward Tumkur; one each before and after the Dobbaspet exit and one the other side after the exit.

Of the 2 on your side while you head toward Tumkur, the one after the exit is where mostly buses also stop I think. The one before is where usually private vehicles stop.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 16:25   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This looks to be in Tumkur. I am planning to exit the highway before Tumkur itself.
This could be a round trip, if you wish to have. Take the right at the first cut in median after the second toll on the Tumakuru road, that is where you find the Pavithra Thatte idly hotel, go through Naamada chilume deer park and get to DD hills. On your return take the left at the T section which meets the Tumakuru road at Dobaspete. There is a small lake on this stretch where you can relax for sometime and is scenic.
unk9ja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 16:54   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

The Kamat which is mentioned above is along with HP COCO, its few KM's before the DD turn off.

Location of Kamat Link

They used to have buffet breakfast on weekends earlier (some 3 years back) for ~ Rs 120. After a walk around DD hills it used to be value for money
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 17:28   #58
Team-BHP Support

Not sure how many have tried the early morning sunrise. Its a nice spectacle. But also note its quite desolate during these hours. And after 9 the crowd is just too much because of the temple.
Old 18th November 2017, 22:34   #59
BHPian

Quote:

There are a lot of hotels on Tumkur road, just before you enter Dobbaspet. SriRatnam is probably the best of these. There is a hotel very next to it, I don't remember the name though. And of course there is Kamat at the mouth of the Dobbaspet flyover. Road conditions from Dobbaspet till Devarayana durga are absolutely perfect. It's newly laid and is well illuminated at night. You need not go to Tumkur at all, to reach Devarayana durga.

Just be alert when you cross Urdigere. The earlier road used to go right in front of Devarayana durga temple arch whereas the newly laid road gets a small deviation. Chances of missing the arch are quite high.
autospeaker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 11:03   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Road conditions from Dobbaspet till Devarayanadurga are absolutely perfect. It's newly laid and is well illuminated at night.
Just be alert when you cross Urdigere. The earlier road used to go right in front of Devarayanadurga temple arch whereas the newly laid road gets a small deviation. Chances of missing the arch are quite high.
The roads are good but narrow, so chances of following a two-wheeler are high early morning. The best option for snacks is the traditional ChurMuri sold alongside the steps of the hill.

Last edited by deehunk : 19th November 2017 at 11:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks