Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2006, 18:35   #1

Mumbai-Srivardhan-harihareshwar-Mumbai

ok
Here i go...
Now it had been a month now and had gone on no ride :(
exams over and finally had some free time on hand after doing a lot of research
and taking advices from fellow xbhpains decided to go to SRIVARDHAN - a beautiful beach
1st wanted to go alone and make this a solo trip then i asked my friend he showed interest and me and aditya we both went of on 20th May for one day trip to Srivardhan
Mumbai-Srivardhan-Harihareshwar-Mumbai same day.
Morning 6:30 AM left Thane me on my Passion and Aditya on his ZMA went upto panvel and halted for breakfast at the famous dutt snacks , then from there took the NH-17 and went to indapur approx. 90 kms frm panvel then on the way took some pics found this cool moutain breaking site took ur bikes offroad and took some pics after that reached indapur at around 10:15am the road till indapur was heavan beautiful tarmac amazing rds. till indapur we were crusing at between 80-90km amzing fun riding through this leg then then some kms aways after indapur we reached mangoan took a right turn from there and then the disater started ..... butt paining bumpy 50 km. uphill strech.. till srivardhan most of the time riding thru that bumpy patch wished that i had a button on my bike which could change it to a dirt bike..
ok anyways on the way to srivardhan you will encounter a cool thick forest.. of around 15 kms. totally isolated from civilization u will find different breeds of monkeys coming on the road.. we got sacred that would they jump or us or wat as they were 5 to 6 and huge ones the ones with white fur and nothing happened we rode at 40kms throughout that patch finally reached srivardhan all the pain and the bumpy strech of 50 kms. was rewarded after seeing the beautiful beach amazing feel totally isolated beach not even a single soul around...
just us and ur bikes took some cool snaps again and then it was 1 by this time and we were hungry so went to search a place to eat NOTE: NO NICE PLACE TO EAT IN SRIVARDHAN, so we headed to harihareshwar around 20 kms from srivardhan there was MTDC'S HARIHARESHWAR RESORT
HAD GOOD FOOD MORE THAN FOOD THE PLACE WHERE THE RESTAURANT WAS LOCATED WAS AMAZING the tables were right on the sea shore of HARIHARESHWAR BEACH had food relaxed for some time and then around 3 left for the famous temple at HARIHARESHWAR visted the temple left HARIHARESHWAR AT 3:30 and then left for mumbai this time crossed that bumpy strech quickly as we were coming downhill then from mangoan to panvel we were flying... covered around 150kms in 1 hour 40 min. reached panvel by 6:45pm again stopped at dutt snacks had a snacks and left for thane....
Amazing ride... luckly it had rained out here the night before in the morning the roads were wet the climate was beautiful gr8 fun riding throughout the way .....
Before this when i had gone for my 1st trip with the mumbai gang to lonavala i had a bad crash.. this time i made sure not to take risk and was happy to do so....
GR8 fun amazing ride..
enjoy the photos..
NOTE: DONT EVEN TRY TAKE PANGA OR OVERTAKE ANY ST BUSES ON THE WAY EVEN THERE IS A LOT OF SPACE TO OVERTAKE DONT TRY MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE...

bumpy roads

my bike

Old 29th May 2006, 19:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice description roughrider. Good pics too...
Old 29th May 2006, 20:19   #3
BHPian

Dude as i told ya before also nice trip u had there and the best part was u did not crash. I remember your deadly incident during our lonavala trip.

Great going i should say. Soon we'll plann another ride What say ??
Old 29th May 2006, 20:22   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner
Dude as i told ya before also nice trip u had there and the best part was u did not crash. I remember your deadly incident during our lonavala trip.

Great going i should say. Soon we'll plann another ride What say ??
anytime u tell me the place and time and i will be there
Old 1st June 2006, 00:27   #5
BHPian

Hello roughrider j,

I just wanted to know if you have made any modifications to your passion since you make long rides often.

If theres a dry spell in July/ August, and if you plan a long ride, then I too would like to join you people wid my RX135.

az
Old 1st June 2006, 01:11   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozealot
Hello roughrider j,

I just wanted to know if you have made any modifications to your passion since you make long rides often.

If theres a dry spell in July/ August, and if you plan a long ride, then I too would like to join you people wid my RX135.

az
no i have not done any modifications its total stock as it was 4 yrs back
no prob. mate u can join us anytime..

Most Viewed