Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2013, 12:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: A photographer's paradise in the heart of the Mumbai city

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

Photographers with some serious equipment. Ring flash and what not.
Attachment 1108184
This bit reminds of me the movie: Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 13:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

The snaps have turned out amazingly superb of even the very common things. Thanks for sharing and rekindling memories. This is more commonly known as Mahim Nature Park and you have posted the map of it as well. Quite a few school edutainment day picnics are also arranged there.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 08:37   #18
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Butterfly clicks in the first post is really eye candy.

Its a good step to educate your neighbors that they need not drive 100KMs far for a photowalk. Keep flowing.
Thanks jacs! Lot of the out-of-city-outing plans don't materialize because of the time constraints. When they materialize, we tend to cram too many things into it and then it becomes hectic. Quick outings to places like these (which are literally 15-20 minutes drive away) provide great opportunities for a break which is not too taxing on either schedule or the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Nice photographs SDP. Would love to see a Tbhp photo walk some day.
Interesting thought about TBHP meet. Let's explore during the Powai mini-meets. May be there would be a subset who loves photography and cars.

Quote:
"Photographers with some serious equipment. Ring flash and what not. " I guess I know the person with the hat, should be Dr. Anand, a serious nature photographer.
Ah, very interesting! Would say hi to him if I bump into him next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
Great Pics SDP, wonderful use of color and available lighting. The lighting on the last few photos was also very nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks stringbh. I am a learner. Went to the photowalk to hone the skills a bit and compare notes with others. Did get some fantastic tips from some of the experts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
SDP bhai, thanks for sharing those awesome pics.

Just for your information, I'm part of this club called MWS that does a photowalk/photoshoot every weekend. I haven't been able to go for quite a few weekends now, but I used to be a regular for around 2 years or so.
We've covered Maharashtra Nature Park, Chor Bazaar, Ovalekar Wadi Butterfly Park, Manori Beach, Aarey colony, Borivali National Park, Vasai etc etc. among others.

So yes, one doesn't need to drive out of Mumbai to click pics at all.
Mumbai Weekend Shoot! I am a member on FB. A friend of mine had done a couple of photowalks with them and asked me if I am interested. I am definitely interested, but did not want to sign up for too many commitments.
Let's see if we two can join one of the MWS photowalk. Would be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
This bit reminds of me the movie: Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron
Love that movie! Been ages since I have seen that movie. Care to elaborate the reference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
The snaps have turned out amazingly superb of even the very common things. Thanks for sharing and rekindling memories. This is more commonly known as Mahim Nature Park and you have posted the map of it as well. Quite a few school edutainment day picnics are also arranged there.
You are right parsh! Many know this place as Mahim Nature Park and when I understood that Maharashtra Nature Park is the same place, some dots connected. Have heard about it a couple of times, but this was my first time to actually visit. Good peaceful place.
Old 11th July 2013, 12:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Love that movie! Been ages since I have seen that movie. Care to elaborate the reference?
Photography in a park for a contest, the scene where they shoot the monkey holding a mirror ...

Is there is a D'Mello road/flyover nearby?
;-)
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 11:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Tried macro by using a reversing ring on my 50 mm prime lens.
<The End>
The macro's of the flowers stamen is awesome, +1 to your efforts.

While driving past this road, never realized that a beautiful Oasis exist. Thanks for letting me know.
rkhare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 22:02   #21
BHPian

Very good pictures SDP !
I had never heard of this place until now.

What camera do you use and on what mode do you click pictures? Full manual mode?
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 06:46   #22
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
What camera do you use and on what mode do you click pictures? Full manual mode?
Pictures shot with D90. Used 18-55 kit lens for broad shots. Mostly used the 70-300 telephoto zoom and the 50mm prime. I typically use apperture priority mode. Full manual is still a few years away (if at all) .
The couple of macros are taken by reverse-mounting the 50mm prime and a forced manual mode.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 09:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I typically use apperture priority mode. Full manual is still a few years away (if at all) .
Don't worry, a lot of professionals use Aperture Priority for all their pics. You only have to keep an eye on the ISOs.
EagleEye is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks