Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2013, 14:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Did the Diu! Delhi-Ahmedabad-Diu in a Punto

Excellent pictures and a great travelogue mate. The way you have narrated initially is quite interesting and refreshing. Especially, the cars doing the talking and deciding on which one to go is simply hilarious.

Hope you have enjoyed a lot in the trip considering the beautiful weather and awesome roads. I haven't traveled much in North India, but that beach-side road is simply irresistible.
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 20:15   #17
BHPian

Really enjoyed the travelogue, some amazing pics. I've driven to Diu from Ahmedabad, but never heard of Madhavpur. Will have to do this trip once again just to drive on this road. What are the stay options at Madhavpur. And how far is the Gangeshwar temple from Diu.
ADI_77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 00:17   #18
BHPian

Great Narration and awesome pics to compliment the narration. If you don't mind kindly share the details of your stay, like tariff, facilities etc. The beach roads were just wonderful.

Cheers
voyageur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
Beautiful pictures and great narration, Sir!
Thanks mathranik! Just Biraj is fine, I haven't reached the Sir stage yet. I am sure the Koleos would have made the jorney even more enjoyable especially due to the amazing ICE.

I stayed in Azzaro when I went to Diu as part of office's offsite. It definitely is good but too far from the beaches. Sugati has a private beach and the property is also very good. It also has a decent pool. You might want to try Sugati during your next trip. Lords Inn is a fantastic hotel in Somnath but I didn't find it value for money at INR 3400 especially because I wanted the room for a few hours (10.30 PM to 6 AM) and I wasn't travelling with my family. I stayed at SukhSagar (right opposite to Lords Inn) and found it decent for a night's stay.

Madhavpur beach is beautiful and I hope it remains as raw as it is today else, the charm will be lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Excellent pictures and a great travelogue mate. The way you have narrated initially is quite interesting and refreshing. Especially, the cars doing the talking and deciding on which one to go is simply hilarious.
Thanks Madhav, I am glad you liked the narration. Did you check the Kalatop thread? You might like it as only Crusoe is talking in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI_77 View Post
Will have to do this trip once again just to drive on this road. What are the stay options at Madhavpur. And how far is the Gangeshwar temple from Diu.
Thanks Adi, You must drive to Madhavpur. Take the route towards Porbandar from Junagadh. I don't think there will be good places to stay in Madhavpur as (fortunately) it is not a tourist spot. You will be better off staying in Porbandar or even Somnath (if you don't mind the long drive).

Gangeshwar temple is in Diu. It is about 5-6 KMs from the city center/fort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Great Narration and awesome pics to compliment the narration. If you don't mind kindly share the details of your stay, like tariff, facilities etc. The beach roads were just wonderful.
Thanks Voyageur, I have added a hyperlink to the hotel names that takes one to the respective website.

The hotel in Somnath - Sukhsagar - It is a decent place for short stay. Has all the basic amenities but not as luxurious as Lords Inn. We paid 1600 + tax per night.

The hotels in Diu:
Sugati: Fantastic property. Good food, nice pool, private beach, very large rooms (at least the one we stayed in), neat and clean washrooms. We paid 3400 + tax per night for ocean facing room. It is situated on the Ghogla beach which has lesser crown than Nagoa beach and the hotel is exactly on the beach (no roads to cross).

Palms: Smaller property, very good food, on a secluded beach, small room, washroom was ok. It's a no frills stay but they make up for it with good food and amazing location. We paid 2200 + tax for the room. One is in middle of nowhere and is getting a safe stay. What else can we ask for?
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks