Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2013, 22:09   #16
BHPian

Re: Around Pune: Dancing in the rain, Dancing on the roads & Going Green - Tamhini

Thanks for sharing. It brings back so many memories of home (Pune and surrounds) which I miss all the more especially in the monsoon where the rains work their magic and turn the parched landscape into a lush green garden. Are there any more still to come ?
Old 22nd July 2013, 11:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Around Pune: Dancing in the rain, Dancing on the roads & Going Green - Tamhini

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Thanks for sharing. It brings back so many memories of home (Pune and surrounds) which I miss all the more especially in the monsoon where the rains work their magic and turn the parched landscape into a lush green garden. Are there any more still to come ?
No more photos. Since it was raining quite heavily, photographic opportunities were very limited. In fact, I could not take a single photo of the Mulshi dam backwaters.
Old 24th July 2013, 10:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pics pjbiju! Sometimes, we go over on a weekday evening in that direction, but mostly upto Paradise cafe only. Somehow the roads are stay in that horrible shape throughout the year.
We did go all the way to tamhini ghat a couple of years ago, but that was on a weekend and there were too many people/ cars everywhere. I think the challenge is to keep your patience between the city and Paud village both ways especially due to local traffic and bad roads.
Once the paddy fields come into view, its a different story. One that your pics narrate very well

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I still cannot make myself ready to go to Tamhini Ghat on a weekend. Heard stories that it gets very crowded and not a very safe place to go with family in tow.
Lets have a family bhp drive + meet. The numbers should take care of any morons. If push comes to shove, perhaps one of the louder (and maybe a little faster, not really sure!) Hyundais can 'oneself' be the lead car?!
Most of the times the spirited people dont bother families, but they are true eyesores. A weekday would be better.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks