Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2013, 21:27   #1
BHPian

Bangalore -> Yelagiri on a Suzuki Hayabusa!

Travelogues of the BIG BLUE BIRD – Ride 2

Destination Bangalore – Elagiri – Bangalore
Date of departure: 28th July 6am
Date of return: 28th July 8pm
Cost of fuel – 1700 (First fill was at shell, second on the highway)
Travel time each side – Approximately 3 hours each side (has quite a few pit stops)

Yup it was time again to get back on the bike, almost a week and a half had gone by and unpredictable rain was playing havoc restricting my bike usage. Then came some news that Mom and wife were going to be out on Sunday; this was best opportunity to get out of the house on a weekend without missing any family time.

I started review my “Things to do with the Busa” listing, I noticed that riding on the twisty was on there and started thinking finally after some research on the T-BPH and Xbhp forums it was finalized that I was going to Elagiri hills. Started making calls to get some riders ready, attendance was not very encouraging and the thought on my mind was “I am doing this alone if needed”

Over the week I kept sharing the Mulholland riders videos with my buddies. A lot of this enthusiasm was coming from the guys after seeing the videos. (You can check out the videos from Rnickeeymouse on youtube he has uploaded some amazing HD stuff over there)

Sunday morning 6 am the group rendezvoused at BEL circle; fueled up at Shell Tumkur road. We chose to ride via the NICE road to Hosur to avoid the morning rush. Another Harley joined in at EC elevated way toll booth and we were off. Next stop was for breakfast at Krishnagiri (the petrol pump with multi brand eateries was our choice). We spent a lot of time goofing around losing time at this juncture. A picture can tell more than a 1000 words, how quickly grown men become kids

Bangalore -> Yelagiri on a Suzuki Hayabusa!-970467_10151824408043894_906116041_n.jpg
Bangalore -> Yelagiri on a Suzuki Hayabusa!-1150818_10151822977923894_711543458_n.jpg
Bangalore -> Yelagiri on a Suzuki Hayabusa!-1150818_10151822977908894_94312957_n.jpg

A quick time check and we realized our 30 minute breakfast stop turned out an hour and a half. So off we were again all charged up to conquer the hills.

It was fairly a straight ride to the hills however the over enthusiasm made some of the guys miss the turn to Elagiri, so this added another 40 odd minutes reaching the base of the hills.
Since I was the first there I took a video of them pass by (will put the link here a bit later can find the video now).

Since we reach there about 11am; traffic was next to nil perfect setting for an avid biker - an empty mountainous road to attack the curves.( Helmet cams missed badly)

Bangalore -> Yelagiri on a Suzuki Hayabusa!-picture1.png

So after the ride up we found resort had lunch at this point realized it was 2 pm we needed be back home, after the first 3 curves down we realized that not enough pictures were taken. So here again we were goofing around taking pictures. Saw a python but missed taking pictures.

So after a memorable day we decide to call it quits and head back, we got caught in shower about 35km from Electronic city Bangalore.

Bangalore -> Yelagiri on a Suzuki Hayabusa!-picture3.jpg

Was finally back home talking about the days adventure and showing the picture when my wife asked "Cant find the pictures of the monkey's?"
to which my mom quips "did you not see the one sitting next to you.."

What to watch out for

1) Monkeys when you stop on the look out points, one of them almost stole the bike key. Maybe it wanted to be the fastest monkey
2) Road from Bangalore to Krishnagiri is under construction at parts and driver/riders need to be extra vigilant for diversion
3) Look out for local villager driving or riding on the wrong side and crossing the road without indications without looking for oncoming traffic.
4) While ascending the hills beware of crowds standing around as they are generally having a drink and can be a nuisance.
5) As a biker if you notice traffic try to stop and enjoy the look out point for few minutes as it helps you get a clear road ahead.

Essentials
1)Bikers carry plenty of water
2)Carry cash as ATM's are difficult to find past the Krishnagiri rest stop I mentioned earlier.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore -> Yelagiri on a Suzuki Hayabusa!-554963_10151824462588894_1488626947_n.jpg  

Bangalore -> Yelagiri on a Suzuki Hayabusa!-1148955_10151824462428894_1889498072_n.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 20th August 2013 at 15:45. Reason: Please avoid using more than 2 smileys / post. Thanks
Harish.Krovvidi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 11:51   #2
BHPian

Re: Bangalore -> Yelagiri on a Suzuki Hayabusa!

Nice T-Log, or should I say Busa-log!

You stay near BEL circle? I stay near M S Ramaiah hospital.
And Gangama Circle incident you shared in your previous log, you know what? I did my B.E from SaIT college, M.S Palya.
Old 22nd August 2013, 12:02   #3
BANNED

Nice trip, love that white limited edition Konika Minolta Honda CBR600RR, no BMW's as can see one BMW tee
Old 22nd August 2013, 23:52   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
And Gangama Circle incident you shared in your previous log, you know what? I did my B.E from SaIT college, M.S Palya.
Divya as promised have whatsapp you the next ride date pls check and join in on the Zema.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Nice trip, love that white limited edition Konika Minolta Honda CBR600RR, no BMW's as can see one BMW tee
It's a CBR1K, group not fortunate enough to get a Beamer yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks