Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2013, 18:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

Another TL from Lalu, another set of beautiful pics. I liked the pics a lot. Especially the french beach was awesome.

Cheers.
voyageur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2013, 18:30   #17
Team-BHP Support

Amazing pictures and logs. I kept searching for food pics from the festival, but didn't find any?

Sad to see your photos used for commercial purpose without your consent. And I see this offense being repeated often, either by an individual or by a company (tour or photography ones). Hope they at least have the courtesy to ask for permission.

Thanks for sharing
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2013, 18:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps View Post
Wow! Wonderful pics and crisp narration. Even I had been to Pondicherry couple of months back, way its been captured and portrayed here feels like going back and visiting again.

Cheers,
Thanks Raps.
We have been to Pondy so many times, but never explored more than visiting the Promenade and going back. But this time chose to give Pondy its due by walking around French Colony for almost half a day. The intermittent rainy and cloudy weather made sure that the place was cool, else humidity would have played spoil sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Another TL from Lalu, another set of beautiful pics. I liked the pics a lot. Especially the french beach was awesome.

Cheers.
Thanks Voyageur. We too liked the French Beach. Normally when you zoom to Pondy from Chennai on the ECR road, all this hidden gems are given a miss in your enthusiasm to reach Pondy. By the way, there are sea facing plots for sale nearby French Beach. But the Tsunami destruction raises a great question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Amazing pictures and logs. I kept searching for food pics from the festival, but didn't find any?

Sad to see your photos used for commercial purpose without your consent. And I see this offense being repeated often, either by an individual or by a company (tour or photography ones). Hope they at least have the courtesy to ask for permission.

Thanks for sharing
Thanks Sheel.

On Day 01, the resort floored us with dinner options with a wide variety of sea food. Crabs, Squids, etc.. No pictures of that since we were shocked at the spread for a CM resort, and went about enjoying the spread . This kind of made us stick to the resort the next day too. The location of the food festival at Pondy was some 20Kms away and it was raining often. This deterred us from getting out of the resort the next day. But the resort made up to it by giving some great varieties. Hence no pictures from the food festival. I would have loved if the resort gave us some French food options though - may be now I am asking too much.

Regarding the photos, I am all the more unhappy because I am linked to the gentleman in FB and also he is a TBHPian. He had the option to connect and ask anyways. I expressed my discomfiture to one of his contacts and hope the brochure was amended.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2013, 09:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

We too liked the French Beach. Normally when you zoom to Pondy from Chennai on the ECR road, all this hidden gems are given a miss in your enthusiasm to reach Pondy. By the way, there are sea facing plots for sale nearby French Beach. But the Tsunami destruction raises a great question.

That is a nice piece of info. It would be fun to own a plot and a house facing sea
Old 10th September 2013, 02:34   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Yet another excellent travelogue from you! You are back with a bang after 3 months! Loved the description, the pictures are great asusual.
This travelogue needs a special mention about the food pics you shared! They just look yummy and are making me hungry in the midnight.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 09:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Yet another excellent travelogue from you! You are back with a bang after 3 months! Loved the description, the pictures are great asusual.
This travelogue needs a special mention about the food pics you shared! They just look yummy and are making me hungry in the midnight.

Thanks Samba.
We just loved the food spread this time at the resort
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 12:22   #22
BHPian

Laluks,
The moment one sees " Civved to .....", he/she just jumps in to the details ..
Yet an other great travelogue and I especially liked how you made some of the pics B/W to give an old world look..

Thanks for sharing!
srikrishna717 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 13:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikrishna717 View Post
Laluks,
The moment one sees " Civved to .....", he/she just jumps in to the details ..
Yet an other great travelogue and I especially liked how you made some of the pics B/W to give an old world look..

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks srikrishna717 for the encouraging words.
The B/W are characteristics of Nikon editing software I use
Old 10th September 2013, 13:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I will update the day wise accounts with some more details of the places soon.

. I am not such a wonderful photographer, nor do I think I can make it big with my pictures. .

Now if you are wondering what this India From the Front Seat is all about. I have got quite a few friends that way too

Thanks much for the understanding and reading my logs.
Mate that was an understatement of the year.

The pics are more than wonderful. It seems like the frame has frozen the moment alive, I loved the way you have used the varied photo effects.
I do visit Pondy regularly (my wifey's hometown) but this log has rekindled a short trip once again.

Great trip and hope to see many more from you.
Cheers
Prasad
Dieseldunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 13:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Another beautiful civved travelogue! Thanks for sharing, Pondicherry still seems to be lost in the old pre-independence times. Definitely must visit. It's amazing how much variety and beauty you can find in India itself without ever having the need to go abroad! 5 * rating for the thread!
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 14:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
It seems like the frame has frozen the moment alive, I loved the way you have used the varied photo effects.
I do visit Pondy regularly (my wifey's hometown) but this log has rekindled a short trip once again.

Great trip and hope to see many more from you.
Cheers
Prasad
Thanks Prasad.
You can check India From The Front Seat for all links to my travelogues in TBHP.

Lucky you! Have a nice trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Another beautiful civved travelogue! Thanks for sharing, Pondicherry still seems to be lost in the old pre-independence times. Definitely must visit. It's amazing how much variety and beauty you can find in India itself without ever having the need to go abroad! 5 * rating for the thread!
Very true. Pondy still has that old world charm.

In many other trips to Pondy, I just saw the places that was far away from the French Settlement and I was not quite sure what Pondy had to offer. Life of Pi was an eye opener and I for once decided that I'll see Pondy our way
Old 10th September 2013, 15:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

We were booked at Big Beach Resort, near to Cuddalore and mighty impressed with the resort, especially the variety of food.
Great travelogue as usual. Could you please share the link of the resort?

Thanks in advance.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 15:52   #28
BHPian

Beautiful travelogue Lalu, this elaborated narration makes me feel it is more than a three day trip , I need to learn the way you captioned every pictures, it is an art isn't it?
Can you please share more information about the resort, I mean how expensive it is?

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 16:25   #29
BHPian

Yet another masterpiece from our very own travelogue expert Lalu. Unfortunately my 3G dongle is not serving all images so I have bookmarked the link to have a proper look later.
MaxTorque is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 18:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Great travelogue as usual. Could you please share the link of the resort?

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Beautiful travelogue Lalu, this elaborated narration makes me feel it is more than a three day trip , I need to learn the way you captioned every pictures, it is an art isn't it?
Can you please share more information about the resort, I mean how expensive it is?

Cheers!
Thanks guys.

Here is a link to the resort website.
http://www.zestbreaks.com/destinatio...uducherry.aspx

The resort belongs to Zest and being a Club Mahindra member I can access the same on timeshare.

With regards to price I did a search on cleartrip for the next three days from tomorrow. Seems the rates are Rs 7500/- per night for room plus breakfast.
Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)-prices.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Yet another masterpiece from our very own travelogue expert Lalu. Unfortunately my 3G dongle is not serving all images so I have bookmarked the link to have a proper look later.
Thanks MaxTorque. Hope you'd like it
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks