Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2013, 16:58   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Civved : Pondicherry (Puducherry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I will update the day wise accounts with some more details of the places soon.
A superb travelogue to complete a well planned trip. I too was planning of a Pondyicherry trip in couple of months and was going through few travelogues and places of interest. Never thought it would be possible to cover all these locations in just 3 days.

Quote:
My trust in Lonely Planet Guide book have long been broken. The experience at this restaurant solidified the same. Especially from 12th Edition to 14th edition of Lonely Planet India guide book, I find their facts questionable, narration to be rather annoying and a tasteless dig at readers. I am annoyed more since there were Indian editors too for the guide book, and they should have at least tried taming down their theories about India!
Well, I guess you are not alone. Though I never have referred Lonely planet for recommendations I have come across similar comments while searching reviews in TripAdvisor for Hampi and Goa hotels.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 18:17   #47
BHPian

I would call this and many of your other travelogues as photologues. Nice way to narrate using the photos. Most of your Civic close up shots are B&W - Is it to hide the dust and mud?
pisthpeeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 22:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisb View Post
Awesome Narration and Pics, Your travelogues are a source for many of my weekend drives..
Thanks Balaji.
Glad to note my logs were of help.
Wish you many more drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos453 View Post
Hi laluks,

Great pictures and great camera work especially the butterfly picture, it's a wallpaper or a poster snap

It's been a while since I've been to Pondicherry (Puducherry), more than 2 years I guess. Your pictures are now making to think about planning for Pondi. Living close to pondi, it's shouldn't be hard task for me. You have a great companion there.

I've always been a fan of civic. The Civic was probably one of the best cars at a time that one can buy.

The low centre of gravity, long wheelbase, wide front and rear tracks and rigid body makes it feel nice and planted at all speeds. Body roll is well contained and the quick steering coupled with good front-end grip makes it particularly entertaining around corners. Braking inspires a lot of confidence and the Civic’s steering is quick – the Honda darts into corners and body control is quite good. Stringing a set of corners together is something the Civic enjoys too.

Wishing you many more happy miles ahead
Thanks Kratos
Civic is indeed a beautiful vehicle, and your words are absolutely true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
A superb travelogue to complete a well planned trip. I too was planning of a Pondyicherry trip in couple of months and was going through few travelogues and places of interest. Never thought it would be possible to cover all these locations in just 3 days.

Well, I guess you are not alone. Though I never have referred Lonely planet for recommendations I have come across similar comments while searching reviews in TripAdvisor for Hampi and Goa hotels.
It is indeed possible to do in three days.
you might want to add Auroville and paradise beach also to your itinerary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
I would call this and many of your other travelogues as photologues. Nice way to narrate using the photos. Most of your Civic close up shots are B&W - Is it to hide the dust and mud?
As long as the log does the needful you can call it by any names.
Yes, the blemishes disappears in B&W
Old 12th September 2013, 22:38   #49
BHPian

Dear Laluks,

Somehow, I am unable to enjoy these photos, with the water mark. May be the problem is with my mind. I dont know. This is only my opinion and sorry - could not resist from expressing the same - since whether it is good or bad, as a true admirer of your travelogues, I decided to 'say'.

Otherwise, as usual, the photos are all 'wall paper' quality!

But again, the water mark....

Your Ekalavya Sishya,

-Sai
Vihari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 23:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
Dear Laluks,

Somehow, I am unable to enjoy these photos, with the water mark. May be the problem is with my mind. I dont know. This is only my opinion and sorry - could not resist from expressing the same - since whether it is good or bad, as a true admirer of your travelogues, I decided to 'say'.

Otherwise, as usual, the photos are all 'wall paper' quality!

But again, the water mark....

Your Ekalavya Sishya,

-Sai
Dear Sai,

I understand, but I had expressed my concerns in an earlier post. The actions of a few often disturbs everyone.

I hope you'll bear with me on this one

Regards
Laluks

Quote:

Please bear with me for the copy rights on the pictures. It is like once bitten twice shy for me. I was recently a bit unhappy about some one making a brochure for their tour operations in Leh Ladakh from the pictures I had uploaded for TBHP readers. I am not such a wonderful photographer, nor do I think I can make it big with my pictures. All I needed was a simple phone call or a chat message before they used that. I felt bad about it.

Now if you are wondering what this India From the Front Seat is all about. It is just that I have collected all the links to my travelogues I wrote in TBHP ( I do not write anywhere else) in a FB page, so that I can connect with non members as well. I have got quite a few friends that way too

Thanks much for the understanding and reading my logs.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 12:16   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I understand, but I had expressed my concerns in an earlier post. The actions of a few often disturbs everyone.
Sorry Laluks, I guessed what might have happened but did not have the patience to go through the earlier posts.

I think it was inevitable, since with the quality of your pictures it was bound to happen one day and also with the situation in this country, where 'rights' of an individual have scant respect.

- Sai

PS: I also used your photo of HVK sir, from the cliffhanger TL, and posted it in HVK forum to make a point about 'GURU'. I am sorry for not informing you - did that with a friendly feeling, that is, oh this is only lalus photo, so can use it - way of feeling.

Last edited by Vihari : 13th September 2013 at 12:28.
Old 13th September 2013, 14:08   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post

PS: I also used your photo of HVK sir, from the cliffhanger TL, and posted it in HVK forum to make a point about 'GURU'. I am sorry for not informing you - did that with a friendly feeling, that is, oh this is only lalus photo, so can use it - way of feeling.
A friendly use of the picture the way you just mentioned (I obviously don't have an issue with that, since its intention was clear, and you have clearly mentioned from where you took it) and a commercial use has a lot of differences.

Last edited by laluks : 13th September 2013 at 14:13.
Old 13th September 2013, 19:44   #53
BHPian

The word 'Civved' on the T-BHP home page does 2 things to me:
1. Brings a smile on my face. The prospect of reading an interesting travelogue, looking at some amazing pictures of your Civy and nature, especially pictures with amazing post production effects, I suspect, are behind that smile.

2. Makes me immediately open the log and start reading right away.

So, coming to this log, it has all the things that have come to be associated with a travelogue from you, so won't repeat myself .

I love especially the pics which go like..."Pondy has an old world charm.." and then you put in a B&W picture which seemed to me like a scene from 'Malgudi Days'!

So cheers to you and your much loved logs! Did I tell you I loved the one on Devarayanadurga. I keep visiting B'lore often and got to know of this place thanks to your thread! I hope to join you on one of these drives some day in B'lore .
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 20:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
The word 'Civved' on the T-BHP home page does 2 things to me:
1. Brings a smile on my face. The prospect of reading an interesting travelogue, looking at some amazing pictures of your Civy and nature, especially pictures with amazing post production effects, I suspect, are behind that smile.

2. Makes me immediately open the log and start reading right away.

So, coming to this log, it has all the things that have come to be associated with a travelogue from you, so won't repeat myself .

I love especially the pics which go like..."Pondy has an old world charm.." and then you put in a B&W picture which seemed to me like a scene from 'Malgudi Days'!

So cheers to you and your much loved logs! Did I tell you I loved the one on Devarayanadurga. I keep visiting B'lore often and got to know of this place thanks to your thread! I hope to join you on one of these drives some day in B'lore .

You just made my day with your encouraging words. Thanks a lot

Yes, how can I forget the Devarayanadurga log where we were discussing the monkeys liking facebook posts and reading TBHP through android apps on the mobile the monkeys took away from Shashank's friend
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 00:57   #55
BHPian

Quote:

You just made my day with your encouraging words. Thanks a lot

Yes, how can I forget the Devarayanadurga log where we were discussing the monkeys liking facebook posts and reading TBHP through android apps on the mobile the monkeys took away from Shashank's friend
Oh, very nice of you to remember, from amongst your scores of fans!

Ah, the simple pleasures of life!
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 15:37   #56
BHPian

Beautiful pictures and wonderful narration as expected of you! The humidity was very high when we visited Pondy. Looks like you had a better weather.
lipaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 16:31   #57
BHPian

What amazes me is the enthusiasm with which all four of you go for drives. To be honest, PPG s are the ones who show us the entire travelogue. They are in almost all the pics, just enjoying themselves, and they are lucky to have parents like you. Correct me if I am exaggerating, I have not seen any children other than PPG s who travel so much to see the beauty of our great nation. They are and I am sure will always live up to the name they were given PPG. Hats off to you all. Now I am feeling jealous.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 16:33   #58
Senior - BHPian

As usual, another lovely travelogue from you ! Always love reading them and viewing the exquisite pictures that go along with it ! (Y)
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 17:09   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
Oh, very nice of you to remember, from amongst your scores of fans!

Ah, the simple pleasures of life!
, Yes indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipaul View Post
Beautiful pictures and wonderful narration as expected of you! The humidity was very high when we visited Pondy. Looks like you had a better weather.

Thanks lipaul.
The rain made the weather cool and pleasant, and of course less crowded too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
What amazes me is the enthusiasm with which all four of you go for drives. To be honest, PPG s are the ones who show us the entire travelogue. They are in almost all the pics, just enjoying themselves, and they are lucky to have parents like you. Correct me if I am exaggerating, I have not seen any children other than PPG s who travel so much to see the beauty of our great nation. They are and I am sure will always live up to the name they were given PPG. Hats off to you all. Now I am feeling jealous.
Thanks JoseVijay for the kind words. I have never travelled till I grew up and moved out to Bangalore for my job. I was very eager to see places, and I really wanted our PPGs not to miss out on this. They enjoy the drives, and these days their school schedules are making us travel a lot lesser than we used to.

There are our own tbhpians v&v, SSTraveller who travels with their beautiful family to much more places than we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
As usual, another lovely travelogue from you ! Always love reading them and viewing the exquisite pictures that go along with it ! (Y)
Thanks kannan. Glad to note you liked the log.
Old 14th September 2013, 19:24   #60
BHPian

Who wants lonely planet when you have the 'Civved' guide. Lalu, your travelogues are more comprehensive than any of these guides can ever get.

Keep the civvy rolling. Look forward to the next one. Cheers
MorePower is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks