Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2018, 18:38   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Planning a trip to Zanskar valley, Leh from Bangalore

Zanaskar is beautiful. Even if you don't get a group you should be fine with the ultra reliable Gypsy. We did Zanaskar in 2012 -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post3231242
Old 6th January 2018, 18:51   #32
BHPian

Hi Blackpearl,

Yep agreed. Ultra-reliable Gypsy

What scares me is, when i picked up my brand new vehicle from the showroom, the vehicle lost power within a km and stalled. No matter what i tried it wouldnt go even in first gear.

I had to call a mechanic who figured out the brakes were a bit tight and fixed it by loosening it it and i had no issue from then. Now just imagine having such a simple issue in Zanskar that i cant fix myself in the middle of nowhere. Thats what scares me !

Shyam
shyamkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 17:03   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamkrish View Post
Hi Blackpearl,

Yep agreed. Ultra-reliable Gypsy

What scares me is, when i picked up my brand new vehicle from the showroom, the vehicle lost power within a km and stalled. No matter what i tried it wouldnt go even in first gear.

I had to call a mechanic who figured out the brakes were a bit tight and fixed it by loosening it it and i had no issue from then. Now just imagine having such a simple issue in Zanskar that i cant fix myself in the middle of nowhere. Thats what scares me !

Shyam
That is a one-off case and hopefully nothing should happen in future. But I agree that you need to know some basic stuff to get yourself going in case of an emergency in a remote place if you want to travel alone.
Old 8th May 2018, 13:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamkrish View Post
Hi All,

I have been planning to make my first trip to Ladakh for the last few years. Finally decided to do it this year. After lots of research i have planned to cover Zanskar valley from Srinagar and then travel out of Leh from the Manali side. I would like to visit several villages on the way (layamuru, Kanji, Dah etc).

I dont have a hard time limit and want to keep my stay a bit flexible. Iam looking at least 3 weeks or more. My mode of transport will be by road on my Gypsy which is new (bought last year) and has only 8k on odometer.

Would love to be a part of a larger group since iam currently solo. I know the Zanskar route is very very challenging/unpredictable and iam not very familiar with my car . Iam planning to do the trip in early june 2018.

Just wanted to check if anyone else would like to join me??

Thanks
Shyam
Hi Shyam, we are planning to cover zanskar, leh and back via manali. A group of 4-5 people in XUV 500, but starting on 16th June 2018 from Delhi. Let me know if this works for you and we can share further details.

PS: This would be our second trip to Ladakh, the first was in 2014, then did Spiti in 2017.
nik.agr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks