Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2015, 18:01   #136
BHPian

Re: The XUV Face-off: Chennai to Leh Ladakh! Turtuk, Pangong Tso, Hanle and Tso Moriri

Thanks for the quick response.
I am eagerly waiting for your next road trip, by any chance did you plan any thing for your next.
Old 18th June 2015, 21:12   #137
BHPian

Rann of Kutch. Wow. That is very close to where I stay I. e. at Gandhidham. It is about 135 kms from here.
Old 19th June 2015, 01:15   #138
BHPian

Re: The XUV Face-off: Chennai to Leh Ladakh! Turtuk, Pangong Tso, Hanle and Tso Moriri

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbksc View Post
Rann of Kutch. Wow. That is very close to where I stay I. e. at Gandhidham. It is about 135 kms from here.

Ohh wow just 135 KMs. I envy you..
It’s about 1000 KMs from Pune, and I never had a long road trip except Pune to Goa which is about 550 KMs.
So I thought 1000 KMs is a write distance to start with.
Can you please suggest right time to visit Kutch and hotels as well.
Old 19th June 2015, 08:30   #139
BHPian

The right time to visit would be once the Rann Utsav starts in November. It goes on till early March. You can stay in accommodations set up specially for Rann Utsav.They come in a broad price range. Info would be available on the Internet before Rann Utsav starts. This would be in the Rann of Kutch. Alternatively, you can stay in Bhuj which is 90 kms away from Rann.there are many hotels in Bhuj.
mkbksc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 18:20   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbksc View Post
The right time to visit would be once the Rann Utsav starts in November. It goes on till early March. You can stay in accommodations set up specially for Rann Utsav.They come in a broad price range. Info would be available on the Internet before Rann Utsav starts. This would be in the Rann of Kutch. Alternatively, you can stay in Bhuj which is 90 kms away from Rann.there are many hotels in Bhuj.
Thanks.
I was also thinking to visit while Rann Utsav.
Old 1st May 2018, 11:51   #141
Senior - BHPian

Thank you very much for this detailed travelogue.

We are going to do Pangong Tso to Tso Moriri(No Hanle) this May 2018 by XUV. We"ll top up the fuel tank at Leh and drive to Pangong (Possible fuel top up by jerry can at Tangtse). XUV have the 70lt fuel tank. How much extra fuel ( in cans) should we carry to do Leh to Pangong to Korzok to Tandi?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks