Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2014, 15:25   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: The JetŪ is mesmerized by the plateau of flowers: A drive to Kaas valley and beyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
@KarthikK, Rated it 5 Stars

Your travalogue kept me glued to seat, very well narrated and beautifully captured pictures
Thanks a lot for the kind words driving_smartly! glad you liked it.

Quote:
Which Camera did you use in this trip ?
This was a relic Nikon D5000 with 10-24mm, 18-55mm (stock) and 55-200mm. Nothing substantial.

Quote:
KAAS and its surrounding areas are in my must-visit wishlist since many days, but till date i did not have any chance of visiting it.

Hope this Monsoon i will be able to break that jinx.
It is a wonderful place, and as ampere suggested in his reply above, one must also try and visit the place in off-season (non-flowering) times of the year too, to get a feel of different sights there.

Quote:
How did you manage to get inside VW factory ? That factory is probably odd 30-35 Kms away from my native place.
I requested for a plant tour through their link provided here:
http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/volks...lant-tour.html

Quote:
Good to know that you enjoyed our Maharashtrian Delicacy

Next time you visit here i would definitely like to see your "Red Ride Punto" its on my wishlist too
Definitely would love to catch up next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Wow!
I love the shades of greens at MH. I was telling SDP once MH has at least three shades of green, and the meadows picture show that typical green available at MH
Completely agree with you there. I have done almost no post-processing on most of the snaps here, and the place itself was surreal. Where are the other 2 types of MH green found, if I may know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achekay View Post
As they say, "A true Masterpice needs no description".
Amazing is an understatement. I absolutely enjoyed your travelogue. And being a Maharashtrian by birth and upbringing, I especially felt proud that you loved our Jowar Roti(we call it bhaakri).
As for that board you couldn't translate, here goes:

FOREST DEPARTMENT, SATARA
There should be madness for adventure, but not madness in it.
(Above quote doesn't translate well in English)
Enjoy the mesmerising views of the waterfall from here.
Thank you so much for the kind words Achekay! Thanks for the translation too, now I know what that board tried to convey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Hey Karthik,
As you rightly mentioned in the beginning, my laptop took ages to load the page ( I have a 2G connection) and it kept on loading and loading and loading, probably the longest time it took to open any TBHP page.
Then I was taken on a photo journey, a drive through the paradise, again probably maximum time I had ever spent on a single TBHP page, occupied every moment. It was a literal trip for me and felt as if I was your 5th passenger
And Kaas has become Khaas to me too. definitely in my bucket list now.
Now about the trip log. Mesmerized (those colorful landscape) and spellbound (your commentary) and overall a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
This is what T-BHP is all about. I can only imagine the trouble and time that you have taken to upload those hundreds of photos and those anecdotes accompanying them and it must have surely taken a good chunk of your free time. As a reader it is easy to glance and write a token of appreciation but to put that sort of effort is truly commendable. This forum has some amazing guys like you. Thanks and Kudos to you.
Thanks for the wishes ashkamath, and really elated to know you enjoyed going through my boring travelogue. I really have to blame laluks, SDP and others whose threads inspired me with their beautiful lens work, to visit Kaas. It is a beautiful place and deserves a repeat visit for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
One of my friends informs me that the 'bad hair day' bird is a crested lark (Galerida cristata).
Thanks for that bit of trivia Inquisitive! Another of my questions was answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
Wonderful pics, and nice writing! To be frank, your 'Jet' is the best looking Linea I've ever come across. Kudos for maintaining it so well and shiny. Really got impressed with the black 'confused' dog looking at the Linea.

Enjoyed every bit of the travelogue. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for the wishes Joe_M. Glad to know you enjoyed going through the travelogue!

Last edited by KarthikK : 15th January 2014 at 15:28.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 16:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: The JetŪ is mesmerized by the plateau of flowers: A drive to Kaas valley and beyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

Completely agree with you there. I have done almost no post-processing on most of the snaps here, and the place itself was surreal. Where are the other 2 types of MH green found, if I may know?
The dark green similar to that of the tree leaves
The light green similar to that of the paddy fields
And the shade of green, with a tinge of yellowness like the one you got for your meadows, this I believe is quite prominent in MH.

Kerala has predominantly the first two shades

Last edited by laluks : 15th January 2014 at 16:51.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright Đ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks