Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2013, 13:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Night drive to Palani

Awesome travelogue, covering 800 kilometres in a day and that too, majority of it in the night is what Volvos do!

You also have a great sense of humour, enjoyed every word of your post and eagerly waiting for the next issue
TheARUN is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 12:14   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharoncr_17 View Post
After we passed Rajapalayam, Aashish started vomiting and we stopped for a while. The mango juice had shown its effect.

Saw this tree near Shencotta. The tree was almost in the center of the road. Note the median line.
Attachment 1153040

We had our dinner from a Hotel Amma, between Shencotta and Kerala border. I must say the food was pathetic, a torture to our taste buds.. A sheer waste. Never ever try your luck there. I'm posting a pic to help you identify the place better.

Attachment 1153042Attachment 1153041

We reached Aryankavu at 9. We were back in the horrible roads of Kerala. The distance between Aryankavu and Punalur is jus 35kms but it tool us 1.5 hrs to travel the distance. When will Kerala PWD start building roads like those in Tamil Nadu? Maybe after India wins the Football World cup.

Attachment 1153043

We had a tea from a tea-stall near Kunnicode and drove nonstop to our HOME SWEET HOME.
Attachment 1153044Attachment 1153045

We reached home at 11:40. The kids were sound asleep. We kept all the baggage in the car itself and crashed to our beds. The 35kms between Aryankavu and Punalur was really tiresome. We had covered 799.8kms in the last two days. I had to be in office tomorrow morning at 9. The kids were given a day's off.

My lil B performed her part though not as perfectly as we would expect. We were going at speed in excess of 100kph while returning a FE of 18kpl with 100 percent AC. The only difficulty (as predicted by my dad) was the low seating. It proved really harsh on the bad sectors. The head lights lit up the roads perfectly.

Thus ends my first t'logs on tbhp.
Good travelogue sharon ,hope your doshams have gone and good times are back,by the way where is this kottarakulam ganapathy temple?Have not heard of it and would love to visit one time when passing through.
vindrider2626 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 17:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Well written covering details that would be appreciated by anyone making a similar trip. We can only sympathize our PWD/Government for the horrible roads and envy the fantastic TN roads. On route to Kerala from Bangalore, TN is busy converting Hosur Krishnagiri to 6 lanes whereas we are struggling to make our 2 lane NH motorable.
gadadhar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 10:28   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
Good travelogue sharon ,hope your doshams have gone and good times are back,by the way where is this kottarakulam ganapathy temple?Have not heard of it and would love to visit one time when passing through.
Kottarakulam Ganapathy Temple is near Kollam Collectorate. The main diety is Lord Ganesha along with Lord Aiyappa, Nagarajas and Navagrahas. The temple will be open from 5:30Am to 10:30 AM and from 5PM to &;30PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Well written covering details that would be appreciated by anyone making a similar trip. We can only sympathize our PWD/Government for the horrible roads and envy the fantastic TN roads. On route to Kerala from Bangalore, TN is busy converting Hosur Krishnagiri to 6 lanes whereas we are struggling to make our 2 lane NH motorable.
Thanks. Kerala PWD definitely needs to be . I wouldn't say all, but a majority of the officers, contractors and politicians are only interested in "self development".

There is a new railway over-bridge nearing completion in front of the Police Commissioner's Office in Kollam. The "bridge" is so narrow that even single lane traffic will be impossible. Another funny thing is that till date they haven't decided where to build the approach roads and they are still analyzing the various proposals.
Old 23rd October 2013, 11:16   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Awesome travelogue, covering 800 kilometres in a day and that too, majority of it in the night is what Volvos do!

You also have a great sense of humour, enjoyed every word of your post and eagerly waiting for the next issue
Thanks. This was my first t'logue in tbhp. Next dash is scheduled to Munnar this Sunday. It also will have to be done in a hurry coz my annual leave quota is finished.
Old 22nd April 2015, 14:33   #21
BHPian

Thanks for sharing travelogue.This would really help me for my palani trip .

Even I would prefer night driving because of less traffic, less chance of animals entering the road, No 2 wheelers who abruptly take U-turns on highways and sometimes insane pedestrians. I strongly feel, I can cover more distance during night than day with less breaks.

Of course night driving do have many risks but one must be careful while driving in night.

Last edited by GTO : 4th May 2015 at 22:41. Reason: Language
Karthik Gullu is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th April 2015, 19:42   #22
BHPian

Very nice travelogue. Covering such long distance in a hatchback,with family and that too in such short time is really great.Thanks for sharing nice snaps of the trip. Wishing you many more lovely trips!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks