Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2016, 01:37   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sonata Arctica : Chasing the Aurora

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
So we had decided, we will go to Nokia Land, the land of the Flying Finns. We were to go to see the Aurora. Or northern lights.

As plans go forward, I decided to find out people in Finland. Being the home of Nokia and countless other tech companies, it was not hard to find a team-bhpian residing there.
A couple of conversations on the phone, and we had a fair idea what to do. Even he was willing to join us, if he has leaves.
We decided we will land up in Helsinki, and drive all the way to up north over 2-3 days, and set up base in north Finland, and then make day trips to even Norway.
It's aurora time again. you are welcome to Finland anytime. offer remains : Fly-in/Fly-out is all you need to spend. I take care of the rest.
It's happening as I type this.

Sonata Arctica : Chasing the Aurora-capture.jpg

as luck has it, it's also cloudy. I'm sitting at home all dressed up in warm clothing with camera gear to drive out to the woods once the cloud cover goes. Lets see.

Sonata Arctica : Chasing the Aurora-capture2.jpg

I use this link to forecast occurrence -> http://www.aurora-service.eu/aurora-forecast/

Last edited by 14000rpm : 14th October 2016 at 01:38.
14000rpm is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 08:37   #167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
It's aurora time again. you are welcome to Finland anytime. offer remains : Fly-in/Fly-out is all you need to spend. I take care of the rest.
It's happening as I type this.

Attachment 1566129

as luck has it, it's also cloudy. I'm sitting at home all dressed up in warm clothing with camera gear to drive out to the woods once the cloud cover goes. Lets see.

Attachment 1566130

I use this link to forecast occurrence -> http://www.aurora-service.eu/aurora-forecast/
Will surely take up your offer some day. Too bad with the clouds. Can't you drive 100kms to somewhere to get away from the clouds.
Old 30th May 2017, 16:57   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Will surely take up your offer some day. Too bad with the clouds. Can't you drive 100kms to somewhere to get away from the clouds.
offer opens again.

I have just booked a 6 pax Motorhome. will be driving from Helsinki to mostly all over Norway. Well, not exactly. Central Norway only. Northern Norway will be covered in a Aurora Trip later in Winter.

Tentative route is :

Sonata Arctica : Chasing the Aurora-capture.jpg

Hopefully we get to enjoy nature more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks