Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2013, 06:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Saheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa

Very well written travelogue.
Nissan service is GOA was a pleasant surprise.I hope that incident didn't dampen the spirits.

Could you please share the total cost of trip ?

Diesel:
Toll:
Hotels:
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 10:43   #17
BHPian

Re: Saheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa

A very nice travelogue and beautiful pictures indeed. Sad that you had that "shattering" experience,must have really spoiled the mood but I guess all's well that ends well.

P.S. You have not put any Team-BHP sticker behind on your vehicle,my cousin stays bang opposite AM Nissan, Goa and I pass by that road n-number of times in a day,I could have helped lessen your commute/trouble when in South Goa.So next time you're in Goa P.M. me so that I can do something if you're in need of help. This goes out to all other Team-Bhpians out there too.
richie4u is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 13:18   #18
Team-BHP Support

That indeed is a comprehensive travelogue and I like the details you have put in. I enjoyed reading & read it at one go, thanks to Diwali vacation.

Thanks for sharing & Happy Diwali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
To make matters worse, it was pouring heavily and I had to switch on all the lights that the car had to offer, i.e. Head Lights on low beam, fog lights and the hazard lights.
Please avoid using the hazard lamps. It isn't designed to be put to use when you are moving. Please read more here

Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 14:52   #19
Team-BHP Support

Nicely written. Do you have the GPS log of the drive recoded ? If yes overlay it on Google earth and where you lost your way.

You might have ended up taking the below route : Link

You should have turned from Point B. You sure you turned correctly at point B ?
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 12:22   #20
BHPian

Hi Param is Safety,

Very well written Travelogue complete with all details. Really enjoyed reading it through and remembered my Goa trip and the fun we had.It would had been good if we could had bumped into each other and met.

Still trying to figure out from where you took the incorrect route ? Coz I took the same road till Belgaum and then took exit at Old PB road just after Shrodhha Toyota and passing through Teggin Galli ( though not recommended for Big SUV's) and reached SH 54 and the Y crossing for chorla at Piranwadi cross ?

So looks like going into Belgaum city and finding the SH 54 towards Jamboti / Chorla can be confusing and should be avoided.

Cheers,

HarryB
HarryB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 12:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great write up Param and nice to see you had an entertaining trip, more like a typical movie with all ups and downs and a happy ending .
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 16:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue, Goa has been pending for a revisit since a year now. Waiting for the hotel review and the tariff, since you had planned to stay for long, you did not try services apartments?

I can completely relate to getting lost and gps not assisting. I had faced the same thing without a gps and we were lost in the Dandeli forest for more than 2 hours. In fact we drove through a section where even the butterflies were flying faster than us.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 17:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Freak_911 View Post
Please see to it that you don't upload so many pics of the same place. It makes it a little boring to scroll and scroll and see the same pics.
Thanks for reading! Your observation has been noted, positively. Call it over enthusiasm or the desire to upload as much detail as possible, I will work on making my posts more reader-friendly going forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Please avoid using the hazard lamps. It isn't designed to be put to use when you are moving. Please read more here
Thanks for reading! Yes, I agree that it was not the correct way to put the hazard lamps to use, however, the tailing vehicles were too close to my comfort, and coupled with the rains and poor visibility, I decided to follow the methods being employed by the leading vehicles (however, that doesn't mean if he goes in a gorge I would follow him!))

Last edited by Safety is Param : 5th November 2013 at 17:41.
Old 6th November 2013, 13:03   #24
BHPian

Hi,

This is one of the best TL's on Goa, very well narrated and very well documented. I really enjoyed your narration style with crisp details. The pics were good too and I for one didn't mind so many pics being posted. ;-). Thanks again for sharing.
sami316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 17:45   #25
BHPian

My reply to the post here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...#post3286935Hi

Ecosport,

Here goes my reply -

1) Are you planning only a 2-day trip?

2) Are you travelling with family?

3) Will you be flying or taking the road?

For hotels, please check goibibo.com, booking.com, yatra.com, expedia.co.in, travelguru.com, etc. All travel portals quote different rates with different packages. Based on your budget and requirement, only you can decide which hotel to go with.

Some people prefer proximity to the beach, some prefer budget hotels, etc.

Fellow TBhpians can be of your help once you finalize the budget and place to stay.

Please refer to the following 2 threads on Where to Stay and Which Route to Take. These 2 threads are updated regularly by the forum members-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...e-stay-15.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...route-162.html

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to post in the above 2 threads, or here as well.

Thanks!

Last edited by Safety is Param : 7th November 2013 at 17:50.
Safety is Param is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 22:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi parem,
I am planning to drive down to goa with my wife in my ecosport.
Want to stay for a week or so.
Old 8th November 2013, 11:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I am planning to drive down to goa with my wife in my ecosport. Want to stay for a week or so.
Where in Goa do you plan to stay? It's typically North Goa for all the Adrenaline Rush and South Goa for chilling out.

Do you plan on staying at one place the entire week? Or are you going to split it into 2 packages of 3N /4D each?

Please refer to some better deals available on Groupon -

http://getaways.groupon.co.in/Bangalore/goaholidays/

During my trip last month, I had booked my hotel in North Goa using Groupon, and it was exactly the same as mentioned on their portal.

Please go through the reviews on Trip Advisor once you finalize a hotel. It would also be a good idea to cross check the prices once on the Travel Portals mentioned in my post above; however, since Groupon offers Packages, hardly anyone would be able to match their price.

Just to reiterate that -

1) I am in no way related to any Travel Portals or Groupon. I am a pure IT Guy.

2) All my suggestions are based on my personal experience; how I plan my travel and execute it. Different people have different techniques. Please adopt one that suits you best.

Please feel free to post any more questions you have, here as well as on the 2 threads mentioned in my post above.

Thanks!
Old 8th November 2013, 16:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

Excellent and a well detailed review.The breaking of the rear glass was a bit scary.Awaiting for further updates.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 18:25   #29
BHPian

Toll Paid INR 489/- before entering Goa

INR 250/- for entering Goa

Toll Paid INR 54 /- Tumkur and Bangalore

INR 10/- for parking at Gokarna

INR 30/- for parking at Jog Falls

Taking the route via Shimoga - Tumkur saved INR 435/- in Toll charges.

Onward Toll Details -

Saheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-.jpgSaheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-1.jpgSaheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-2.jpgSaheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-3.jpgSaheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-4.jpgSaheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-5.jpgSaheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-6.jpgSaheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-7.jpgSaheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-8.jpgSaheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-9.jpgSaheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-10.jpg

Coming Back -

Saheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-33.jpgSaheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-44.jpgSaheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-55.jpg

Gokarna & Jog Falls -

Saheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-11.jpgSaheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-22.jpg

Review - The Nirvana Hermitage, Anjuna, North Goa

Our hotel in North Goa was The Nirvana Hermitage.

It is located on a cliff and perhaps the only hotel in Anjuna offering a glimpse of the Arabian Sea.

The hotel has cottages, divided into Suites, Super Deluxe and Deluxe accommodation.

They have 2 restaurants; one is centrally air-conditioned, while the other is by the pool.

Since they do not serve Buffet in their restaurants, morning Breakfast is the only complimentary item. You need to pay for Lunch & Dinner irrespective of the type of your accommodation. Food can be served in your cottage till 23:00 hrs.

The hotel has a pool which is well maintained.

2 & 4 wheelers are available on rent within minutes of making a request at the reception.

The hotel can accommodate at least 6 cars in its parking lot.

Since the hotel is located on a cliff, it makes sense to stay here if you have your own vehicle, or at least a rented one, since the approach road, though safe, is deserted after dark.

Review - Holiday Inn Resort, Cavelossim, South Goa

Well, even The Leela is criticized. Practically, nothing is PERFECT in this world. So there was no way Holiday Inn would have been an exception.

However, there were certain things that could have been avoided.

The hotel rents out part of the property for Wedding functions. We happened to witness 2 such occasions. We observed the wedding party guests dominating every recreational activity. They used to crowd the restaurant big time during breakfast, lunch & dinner. Even if they ran into you, they didn't have the basic courtesy to say Sorry.

The 2nd occasion had the marriage party arriving from the U.S. They went a step further and used to smoke openly in the pool area. This was the area were most of the kids and families were concentrated during the day, and this kind of behavior definitely raised eyebrows.

We saw the following shortly after checking in to our room and decided to keep a tab on how proactive the Room Cleaning Service was.

Saheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-20131018_221630.jpg

Saheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa-20131018_230232.jpg

Well, to our disappointment the webs were intact, along with the spider, till the time we checked out.

Yes, we could have complained and they could have taken action, but then what is the purpose of making up your room everyday when they don't even bother to check the ceiling in the room.

Definitely not something you expect from a 5-star resort.

Will I go back there? Well, not sure since I can stay at Ramada, Radisson Blu, Dona Slyvia, etc., all attached to a beach and may cost the same, or even lesser!!

Last edited by Safety is Param : 9th November 2013 at 18:27.
Old 9th November 2013, 23:28   #30
BHPian

Hey,

That was a very detailed and crisp travelogue. Before I read you had run into a tree while reversing I was wondering how you would have managed on the narrow roads of Goa. I have driven a Wagon R and an A-star in Goa and having made several u-turns at Anjuna and also near Baskin Robbins, I can relate how irritating it can be. If there's traffic coming from either sides one really has to hunt for a spot to take a u-turn.

I lost my way several times around Baskin Robbins. Having said that I thoroughly enjoyed driving on Goa roads. I formed a good friendship with the fellow who rented me the cars that when his driver was to drop me to the airport, he asked if I would like to drive from Vagator all the way to the airport

Also speaking as a hospitality professional you should have really given it to the Orchid guys. A couple on a holiday and they give a twin room. Not acceptable.
AbhishekB86 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks