Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2013, 20:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Got BHP? You bet. Of 'B'ears, 'H'aathis and 'P'eacocks at Nagarhole

Congrats Sourab , on your luck smiling all the way on your holiday. Nice travelogue to read , Very few photographers of Nat geo or Discovery channel get a chance to photograph a crocodile eating an erget . Elephants giving you a treat for 20 mins on road , a sloth bear which is now on the list of endangered speices. What camera and lens were you using while clicking the crocodile attack and details of your camers settings ?
Old 8th November 2013, 20:21   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
You are indeed lucky... I would say blessed! Superb pictures.

I've been to forests, and not seen such a variety as yet in a single trip. This was indeed a dream trip for a photographer, rather, any wildlife lover.

These pictures had much more impact than the NG ones. The NG ones are planned, huge time and effort spent, and the viewers know what is coming. This was completely unexpected, unprepared, with the constraints of the boat, and yet, the photography has been excellent.
Thanks Samm. We were indeed very very lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbones View Post
Congrats Sourab , on your luck smiling all the way on your holiday. Nice travelogue to read , Very few photographers of Nat geo or Discovery channel get a chance to photograph a crocodile eating an erget . Elephants giving you a treat for 20 mins on road , a sloth bear which is now on the list of endangered speices. What camera and lens were you using while clicking the crocodile attack and details of your camers settings ?
Thanks drbones for your appreciation.

I was using a Nikon D80 with a 70-300mm ED lens (non VR). Settings used were: F/14; 1/640sec; ISO 400; shot at approx 200mm.
Old 9th November 2013, 00:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
I was using a Nikon D80 with a 70-300mm ED lens (non VR). Settings used were: F/14; 1/640sec; ISO 400; shot at approx 200mm.
I guess that's one of the best tele-lenses from Nikon (other than the fixed aperture models), especially the VR model. You must be having great fun with this D80-300mm combo!
Old 9th November 2013, 09:30   #19
BHPian

Thanks Sourabh for the travelogue and sharing the experience and moments. Any idea about the cost of lodging?
jeetaman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 18:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
I guess that's one of the best tele-lenses from Nikon (other than the fixed aperture models), especially the VR model. You must be having great fun with this D80-300mm combo!
Have been using this combo for the last 5 years now. Has never let me down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaman View Post
Thanks Sourabh for the travelogue and sharing the experience and moments. Any idea about the cost of lodging?
Thanks Jeetaman. You can have the details at : http://jungleinn.in/

The Swiss tent costed INR 2200/night/person and included all meals and taxes.
Old 16th December 2013, 02:48   #21
Team-BHP Support

Amazing photography and presence of mind!! A chill ran down my spine seeing the crocodile and ibis shots.
Old 16th December 2013, 03:20   #22
BHPian

Hi Saurabh

Very nicely written travelogue with plenty of amazing pics. You sure do have a talent for wildlife photography. I especially liked the ones of the croc and the ibis. Thanks for sharing and keep posting.
cheers

VK
Old 16th December 2013, 20:55   #23

Lovely photographs. Bad croc! Didn't quite understand the entry restrictions into the forest reserve - obviously you can get there by a private car instead of a government safari, right? Or, is the route covered by private vehicles different from the one by safari? Thanks for your narrative once again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks