Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2013, 09:10   #16
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Road Trip : Bangalore - Thirthahalli - Sringeri - Jog falls - Kodachadri

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipaul View Post
I have provided the links to the maps which can be used as a general reference.
@lipaul - thanks for the day wise route maps, very useful

How is the road condition from Kollur to Kodachadri and then on to Tirthahalli ?
Any landmarks for Kodachadri turn off ?

I'm guessing you did this trip in a Swift - So maybe it won't be a problem in a Swift Dzire as well

Last edited by NPV : 3rd December 2013 at 09:13.
Old 3rd December 2013, 13:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
lilpaul, we also had the good opportunity to spend 3 wonderful days with N & V at Kolavara last year.

We did not do any daytime trips and spent the time lazing around the property and also exploring the countryside, rivers, hills nearby.
Sounds like you had a great time idling around Kolavara

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
@lipaul - thanks for the day wise route maps, very useful

How is the road condition from Kollur to Kodachadri and then on to Tirthahalli ?
Any landmarks for Kodachadri turn off ?

I'm guessing you did this trip in a Swift - So maybe it won't be a problem in a Swift Dzire as well
NPV, I did this trip in my Swift and I remember the T'halli - K'chadri stretch to be good and the K'chadri - Kollur stretch from bad to very bad. I can't recollect any landmark for the deviation as it has been some time
lipaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 17:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! Lovely pictures and captures the beauty of Malnad in toto!!

The pictures from Kundadari and that of Kodachadri is outstanding. Thanks for sharing. How come you missed many other places around Tirthahalli like Kavale Durga? May be for next time
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 16:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Wow!! Lovely pictures and captures the beauty of Malnad in toto!!

The pictures from Kundadari and that of Kodachadri is outstanding. Thanks for sharing. How come you missed many other places around Tirthahalli like Kavale Durga? May be for next time
Thanks Fauji! I wanted to see Kavaledurga, Mani dam & Nagara fort but I could not due to lack of time. But as you said, next time
Old 14th January 2014, 16:42   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Fauji! I wanted to see Kavaledurga, Mani dam & Nagara fort but I could not due to lack of time. But as you said, next time
Here are a couple of snaps for you! Hope you like them.

Road Trip : Bangalore - Thirthahalli - Sringeri - Jog falls - Kodachadri-nex3n_a3_20131226114815.jpg

Road Trip : Bangalore - Thirthahalli - Sringeri - Jog falls - Kodachadri-nex3n_a3_20131226114828.jpg
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 17:37   #21
BHPian

lilpaul - hijacking your thread as I did not want to create a new one. Just wanted to update that we stayed at Kolavera homestay and it was an absolute delight. Great food, hospitality, ambience. Just spent a day there and we did not go anywhere except for a trek to the hill close to the house. Otherwise just spent time going around the farm.

cheers
ZedMae is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 12:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedMae View Post
lilpaul - hijacking your thread as I did not want to create a new one. Just wanted to update that we stayed at Kolavera homestay and it was an absolute delight. Great food, hospitality, ambience. Just spent a day there and we did not go anywhere except for a trek to the hill close to the house. Otherwise just spent time going around the farm.

cheers
ZedMae, it seems like you had a relaxing time at Kolavera. It has been some time since we visited them and its good to know that they are still great on food, hospitality and ambience.
Old 17th June 2014, 11:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Post monsoon would be the best time to visit Jog falls. We did this in the month of September. So I assume the volume of the water would be less if not the same as seen in the pictures. Sorry, I could not help you much here.

Thanks NPV! I have provided the links to the maps which can be used as a general reference. We were helped here by the home stay owners with notes on deviations at important points which Iam not able to find now.

Day 1
http://goo.gl/maps/CoEpN

Day 2
http://goo.gl/maps/PB9Om

Day 3
http://goo.gl/maps/SAvu0

Day 4
http://goo.gl/maps/Ymkg4

Thank you LIPaul, for this nice travelogue. Planning a trip to the hills this weekend, Proposed route map is https://goo.gl/maps/S8ZeO

One question though, once we enter the Kundadri ghat section, and the final diversion to the Kundadri Hills is shown in a dotted line, does this mean its a road on which one cannot drive?

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

Arun
arun27g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 15:47   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun27g View Post
Thank you LIPaul, for this nice travelogue. Planning a trip to the hills this weekend, Proposed route map is https://goo.gl/maps/S8ZeO

One question though, once we enter the Kundadri ghat section, and the final diversion to the Kundadri Hills is shown in a dotted line, does this mean its a road on which one cannot drive?

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

Arun
Arun, after a narrow ghat section, the road to Kundadri hills ends in a parking area. The dotted line might be the stairs that leads to the hill from the parking area. A comfortable 10 min walk will take you from the parking area to the hill.
lipaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 19:49   #25
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun27g View Post
@Arun - as @lipaul says it is most likely the steps to the top of the hill.

Just remember that Kundadri can be reached from 2 directions:
1. From the Tirthahalli-Agumbe road - turn to Kundadri is at Guddekeri village.
2. From the Sringeri-Agumbe road - turn to Kundadri is at Hosa Gadde village.

We visited Kundadri on our way back from Sringeri so we took #2. After viewing an amazing sunset, our destination was Tirthahalli (we stayed at Kolavara Heritage) so we took #1.

More details of our trip in an earlier post - here.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 11:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Arun, after a narrow ghat section, the road to Kundadri hills ends in a parking area. The dotted line might be the stairs that leads to the hill from the parking area. A comfortable 10 min walk will take you from the parking area to the hill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
@Arun - as @lipaul says it is most likely the steps to the top of the hill.

Just remember that Kundadri can be reached from 2 directions:
1. From the Tirthahalli-Agumbe road - turn to Kundadri is at Guddekeri village.
2. From the Sringeri-Agumbe road - turn to Kundadri is at Hosa Gadde village.

We visited Kundadri on our way back from Sringeri so we took #2. After viewing an amazing sunset, our destination was Tirthahalli (we stayed at Kolavara Heritage) so we took #1.

More details of our trip in an earlier post - here.
Thank you Gents,

IMO, the difference in distance between Option 1 & 2 is minimal, so will give both routes a go, more photo ops . Was hoping to make it to Sirimane falls, but time may not permit as we need to be back home by night.

Thank you once again
Old 23rd June 2014, 11:34   #27
BHPian

Hi all, this was our route for the weekend adventure to Agumbe, Sringeri & around.

https://goo.gl/maps/TavLD

The condition of the roads were good in general, except the Ghat section of 10km, @ 4km approaching Shringeri and the last 5 km to the Sirimane Falls. Heavy rains and a lot of uprooted trees and electric poles. Restoration works are in progress, but quite slow. Sometimes, fallen trees take up half the road, so be very careful of fast approaching cars trying to squeeze in before you

Our camera met a watery grave at the Sirimane Falls. So no pictures .

The most impressive part of the Sirimane falls was a changing room for the ladies (haven't seen it in these parts!, resolves a major issue with the missus and the daughter, who keep forcing me to find a place where no one will peep or pass by!!!). The chilling waters (wonder which river/ tributary/ rivulet it is though... asked around, but no one knew, including the Forest Officials) were great fun. Though the falls are not of a great height, its width at the bottom (not too deep, 3 feet maximum) easily accommodates around 20 people or so.

Kundadri Hills was a great drive. A note for the visitors who may find the gate at the base of the ghat road locked, please do not return back, there is a house about 50m from the gate on the right hand side, who keep the keys and will open the gate for you, if approached. Please inform them on your way back.

The Agumbe Rain Forest Research Station is a great centre for information on wildlife in Someshewar rain forest range. The drive through the thick jungle to the centre is brilliant, especially if it is raining heavily.

Picked up some lovely fresh (unadulterated) honey at Someshwar for Rs. 120/- a kilo !!!!

Cheers

AG

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks