Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2013, 09:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Caving Trip to Krem Mawmluh: 4th Longest Cave in the Indian Subcontinent

That's some experience jyotirupam. Must be an awesome experience to be alone (almost) in pitch dark with nothing but the sounds of river. Thanks for bringing out this log.

Could you share the tour operators name and the approx cost for the adventure.

Thanks
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 12:24   #17
BHPian

I can only envy you. For someone who could not stay inside the MRI scanner for 30 mins, it is something I can only dream (even that will be a nightmare rather than a dream).

One of the best TL in TBHP
raju2512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 15:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuinc View Post
Nice photos. Krem Mawmluh looks like fun.

You brought back old memories. Been to Mawsmai couple of times, more than a decade ago! Love Meghalaya in general. Lots to see and do.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Wow fantastic TL and a nice place away from the regular tourist jaunts. How much time did you take to cover this complete activity? Are there are any safety setup done by the Government to encourage tourists or is it very raw in nature?

Rating it a 5 star for capturing the location for us.
Thanks. I spent around 4 hours inside the cave. It took another 1 and half hours to reach the cave entrance. So the complete activity was around 7 hours for the caving trip.

The cave is a virgin cave without any setup by any authority. There are lots of scope in this regard to popularise the adventure activities in this region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Jyotiruam,

Thank you for a very different travelogue. Rated 5 stars.

Your note above - inside the earth with no lighs - feeling of absolute nirvana - sums up everything that we need to live a happy life in this earth. Those were the moments when you are detached from entire life on earth & were connected to your innermost self. The feeling would have been definitely out of the world.

Most of us here may not be aware that there are more than 1500 caves in state of Meghalaya. Wish you all the very best for future expeditions & keep updated us with your travelogues.

Thanks,
Thanks a lot !

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
That's some experience jyotirupam. Must be an awesome experience to be alone (almost) in pitch dark with nothing but the sounds of river. Thanks for bringing out this log.

Could you share the tour operators name and the approx cost for the adventure.

Thanks

Thanks.

I contacted Mr. Gregory Diengdoh of Shillong who by profession is a teacher and runs a Adventure Tour Agency. I got his contact details by googling and he
arranged the trip. Mr. Manbhalang Wann, who is a cave expert he guided me. I paid Rs. 1700 as Guide Expenses and RS. 400 as rent for the caving gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
I can only envy you. For someone who could not stay inside the MRI scanner for 30 mins, it is something I can only dream (even that will be a nightmare rather than a dream).

One of the best TL in TBHP
Thanks a lot.
jyotirupam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 12:05   #19
BHPian

The Longest cave in India is Manipur if I am not mistaken. Can you please remind me of the cave if you have the information. There is a cave near hyderabad as well which is one of the longest caves in India.

Anyways great write up and a nice experience. The pics are simply nice. I liked the shining stones somethig very different from what you would have ever seen. I have been to much smaller caves and nothing of this magnitude. Your pics look straight from NGC. Thanks for sharing them.
Funda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 12:26   #20
BHPian

excellent travelogue , and pictures ,with the write up , I was totally immersed in it and some times I felt inside that cave . Thank you for my 2 seconds of nirvana
kippu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 14:53   #21
BHPian

I am attaching some videos of the trip.

This was the track to the Cave Entrance.

Inside the Cave. Crossing small streams.

Inside the cave.

Another one inside the cave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funda View Post
The Longest cave in India is Manipur if I am not mistaken. Can you please remind me of the cave if you have the information. There is a cave near hyderabad as well which is one of the longest caves in India.

Anyways great write up and a nice experience. The pics are simply nice. I liked the shining stones somethig very different from what you would have ever seen. I have been to much smaller caves and nothing of this magnitude. Your pics look straight from NGC. Thanks for sharing them.

Thanks.
Currently I do not have any info about the caves of Manipur, however I love to share with BHPians if I get any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
excellent travelogue , and pictures ,with the write up , I was totally immersed in it and some times I felt inside that cave . Thank you for my 2 seconds of nirvana
Thanks.

jyotirupam is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks