Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2014, 14:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Inspiration: Sign Board @ Silk Board. Drive to Tamil Nadu

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Short and sweet travelogue with useful information.

FYI - I was looking for that inspirational sign board! Perhaps, you can post a pic of the same?
Thanks govigov, Unfortunately, I do not have a pic of that sign board at the moment. Fellow BHPians can kindly help me with the pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Very good TLog kaushik! I too had looked at this signboard for years but never attempted it :( Some or the other thing kept spoiling my plan. But not more! Will head out there soon!

By the way, is there any specific season to enjoy these places better with lesser crowd? Or let me ask - how would be a early summer trip with kids? Doable without much prep like reservations?
Thanks abirnale, It is doable without much preparations. I had not done any prior hotel bookings. Except for Kanyakumari, where you need to be a little careful, other places are quite fine. To give you an idea, I had been to these places during the Shabarimala time when there was a fair amount of rush in most places.
kaushik_ak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 13:28   #17
BHPian

Good crisp travelogue. Thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_ak View Post
The Madurai Meenakshi Temple, now replaced the Rameshwaram temple as the biggest temple I visited yet.
Probably due to the crowd you might have missed seeing the entire Srirangam temple. It much bigger than the other two temples.
raju2512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 20:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
Probably due to the crowd you might have missed seeing the entire Srirangam temple. It much bigger than the other two temples.
Hi Raju, Yes, in terms of total covered area of temple, I mean the temple avaran, my personal perception was that Madurai Meenakshi temple was the largest. However, if we take into account the external multiple layers of walls as I mentioned, Srirangam, would be the largest functioning temple in the world!

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Hindu_temples

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks