Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2014, 22:54   #46

Re: Kodaikanal, December 2013: A Trip to see the Clouds at arm's length

Nice to see clear skies and sunny days in kodaikanal...that too in December. When we went to kodaikanal in Dec-2009 it was so cloudy and foggy that we could hardly see any view. But then such a weather has its own charm. Here are few pics to show how kodai looked to us. ( I hope it is fine to post them in your thread)
Kodaikanal, December 2013: A Trip to see the Clouds at arm's length-kodai-lake4.jpg
Kodaikanal, December 2013: A Trip to see the Clouds at arm's length-kodai-lake-3.jpg
Kodaikanal, December 2013: A Trip to see the Clouds at arm's length-kodai-lake2.jpg
kodai lake
Kodaikanal, December 2013: A Trip to see the Clouds at arm's length-coakers-walk.jpg
coakers walk
Kodaikanal, December 2013: A Trip to see the Clouds at arm's length-pillars-rock.jpg
Kodaikanal, December 2013: A Trip to see the Clouds at arm's length-view-point.jpg
some view point i don't remember
tarique2002i is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 14:55   #47
BHPian

I have been quite a few times to Kodaikanal(just 150 kms away from my City, Tirupur), but I have always stayed near the town center, because of the easy access to the shops, restaurants and the lake. But this property looks lovely and secluded from the crowd. Your post has definitely tempted me have a look at Holiday Home during my next visit. Thanks.
Old 18th April 2014, 16:48   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickgenius View Post
This is my first time driving in the ghats. Please let me know how difficult is the ghats section to drive?

Also, is it easy to find the places of interest easily? Are they available on Google Maps? How accessible are they by car? Any difficulty reaching them?
The ghats are a bit narrow and you need to be careful at the turnings and at keep honking when you approach a turn as precautionary measure and keep the speed limits in control and you should be fine

I did most of the sight seeing in my car and even went into small passages as wide as just the width of my Cruze....I practically cursed the guide who took me through such routes

My suggestion is to park the car and go by local taxi if you really love your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatt1800 View Post
But this property looks lovely and secluded from the crowd. Your post has definitely tempted me have a look at Holiday Home during my next visit. Thanks.
This is a great property and perfect for large family gatherings. Do check it out and iam sure you will like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarique2002i View Post
Nice to see clear skies and sunny days in kodaikanal...that too in December.
Thats indeed quite foggy. Well, i would have loved the weather to be foggy as it adds a different charm to entire atmosphere. Maybe next time !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks