Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2014, 18:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Finally - The Amazing Thailand!

Thanks for the lovely travelogue Saket77. I was in Pattaya and Bangkok myself in 2012, and your trip, the pictures, and the names of places certainly brought back fond memories.

Pattaya is a lovely place to relax, and enjoy the lazy beachy atmosphere. Koh Larn was awesome, and the water sports a lot of fun. I agree that the under sea walk, especially the initial pressure build up as you descend rapidly is chaotic. But after a while you realize what and awesome experience it is.

I left with so much remaining on my to-do list that I am certain that I will need to go again. And that does not even include Phuket, Koh Samui, and Krabi which also deserve to be visited. Hopefully time and finance will cooperate.
virtualdanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 10:47   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualdanger View Post
Thanks for the lovely travelogue Saket77. I was in Pattaya and Bangkok myself in 2012, and your trip, the pictures, and the names of places certainly brought back fond memories.
Glad that the write-up & pictures were able to stir some good old memories of yours. It would be great if you could add some pictures & and your experience from your trip in this thread.

Quote:
Pattaya is a lovely place to relax, and enjoy the lazy beachy atmosphere. Koh Larn was awesome, and the water sports a lot of fun. I agree that the under sea walk, especially the initial pressure build up as you descend rapidly is chaotic. But after a while you realize what and awesome experience it is.
Absolutely. Pattaya is just what is all needed for a relaxed holiday. Laid back & relaxing beach lifestyle, great food, unhurried attitude and not to mention the unbothering people which makes one feel safe and at ease.

However, my pick for the beaches would be Koh Larn, esp. compared to Pattaya. It is much more beautiful & cleaner, understandingly Pattaya is in the mainland and the other being an island away from the town.

Quote:
I left with so much remaining on my to-do list that I am certain that I will need to go again. And that does not even include Phuket, Koh Samui, and Krabi which also deserve to be visited. Hopefully time and finance will cooperate.
The beaches at these places look awesome. However, due to time and financial constraints, we gave them a miss; else, they are high on travelers radar since the last few years. Had they been not that far from the mainland Thailand, it was a must visit for us too. May be next time if things fall into place.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 24th January 2014 at 10:50.
Old 25th January 2014, 09:19   #18
BHPian

Very nice travelogue, Saket.
It brought back some wonderful memories of my family trip to Thailand.

Cheers
Sam
samarth.bhatia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 10:44   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Very nice travelogue, Saket.
It brought back some wonderful memories of my family trip to Thailand.

Cheers
Sam
Thanks Samarth. I will take it as a compliment. When did you travel to Thailand and to which all places? Did you go down the southern part of the country?

Regards,
Saket

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks