Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2006, 13:04   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
I've edited those shots in terms of colour. Green, especially in monsoon is at it's best.
Rudra Sir

Any possibility of sharing the before and after pics? For a novice like me, it would be a good learning, if you could explain the differences. I am sure there are many subtlities that a trained eye can figure out...

Probably that could be new thread in itself.

thanks
Haque
Old 1st July 2006, 13:04   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Beautiful. I envy you Samurai-san, for staying close to such beauty.
I love the pictures and the place.
Old 1st July 2006, 16:16   #18
Team-BHP Support

Hey Samurai... love the pictures!
All your shots have a very laid back, silent observer kind of feel which is absolutely perfect in this case...
I was impressed with your postprocessing as well... noticed the nice job on the greens....but then i read Rudra's message

So i guess the pics got the best of both worlds!!

cya
R
Old 1st July 2006, 22:30   #19
BHPian

great write-up samurai. i always wanted to just get away from everything and go live in some village on a farm.and you are tempting me even more. i'll have to wait till i finish my education and enjoy some nice cars before i can do that though.
Old 1st July 2006, 23:47   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
I was impressed with your postprocessing as well... noticed the nice job on the greens....but then i read Rudra's message
I never do any post-processing since I don't know anything about it.

Anyway, the oldman is slowly convincing me to start shooting raw and do pre-processing, or else I will never do justice to the dSLR.
Old 3rd July 2006, 10:47   #21
BHPian

Good to see you are spending quality time with your new toys, aka dslr. Good documentary photography, look forward to you completing the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
I never do any post-processing since I don't know anything about it.

Anyway, the oldman is slowly convincing me to start shooting raw and do pre-processing, or else I will never do justice to the dSLR.
What's stopping you from shooting raw with PS7 at your disposal ? Good post processing is a must in digital photography and shooting raw is the best way to go unless you are after snapshots.
Old 3rd July 2006, 11:13   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, in this area everybody uses only baffaloes for tilling purposes.
Samurai, good shots .. lucky you that you are in such picturesque environs. Not the concrete jungles splattered with hoardings that we have here. And the remaining trees are being felled here, to make wider roads

Reg using buffalo for tilling, it's about the conditions - only buffalo can do it in such conditions. Oxen will not work.
Old 3rd July 2006, 15:40   #23
BHPian

green green green

Just looking at those photographs takes a few points off the ol B.P!!! amazing how relazing and calming nature can be - even in photographs on an automobile forum innovative thread !
Old 3rd July 2006, 15:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

I have stayed in villages during most of my childhood days. You just revived those memories for me. I stayed near Mangalore for 3 years (I studied in the erstwhile KREC). I know how beautiful these places are. Every day, we used to walk behind our college gate and we were mesmerised by the greenery there. The beach, which was just opposite to our college was another treat to watch. Those were the days....... Thanks for bringing those memories back.
Old 8th August 2006, 16:06   #25
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but I am nowhere close to the photo gurus in our forum.

Heh heh. Now that's a good idea. Wait for a update after a month or so.
Samurai San, an update would be a refreshing break from this chaos in Bangalore.
Old 8th August 2006, 16:35   #26
BHPian

Samurai, is'nt the word Knatty, pardon my ignorance my tulu is limited to "Onusanda". I got to know about this when I visited my freinds farms near udupi
Old 8th August 2006, 16:53   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar
Samurai, is'nt the word Knatty, pardon my ignorance my tulu is limited to "Onusanda". I got to know about this when I visited my freinds farms near udupi
It could be, but I was attempting a word play. While spelling a non-English word, we can take liberties. Besides, Nutty is pronouced exactly like the Tulu word in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz
Samurai San, an update would be a refreshing break from this chaos in Bangalore.
I recently checked with my wife's granny, she says the harvesting time is still 40 days away, end of September to be exact. Meanwhile I can still take some photos I guess.

Last edited by Samurai : 8th August 2006 at 16:57.
Old 8th August 2006, 18:09   #28
BHPian

Fantastic stuff Samurai. it's a pity we dont get to see this stuff. With mechanisation it's only going to get worse.

I would be very interested in seeing the hands free contraption (umberella) in use. please post a picture of the same if you have one. thanx.
Old 8th August 2006, 18:23   #29
Joz
BHPian

Quote:

I recently checked with my wife's granny, she says the harvesting time is still 40 days away, end of September to be exact. Meanwhile I can still take some photos I guess.
I promise you will be troubled by the end of September. After going through this, my desire to settle down far away from urban mess is higher than ever.
Old 3rd September 2006, 22:48   #30
Team-BHP Support

Time for an update... The harvesting time is still a month away.

This time my son was tagging along, slowly learning to be a village boy.

Another kind of nutty farm... arracknut plantation right next to the above fields.

Last edited by Samurai : 16th October 2006 at 18:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks