Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Road Trip from Bangalore: Marble Rocks, Bandhavgarh & Kanha in a Bolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
OT OT OT

That is one post better than the travelogue of the person who said

Regards
Sutripta
I already knew that you have a wonderful memory.
This is another example of the same
By the way, its in progress. Hopefully it won't disappoint you.

PS: Sorry manubhai for the OT discussion
Old 23rd March 2014, 08:52   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubhai View Post
[/left]
Route: Bangalore – Hyderabad (overnight stay) – Marble Rocks (near Jabalpur – 2 nights) – Bandhavgarh – (4 nights) - Kanha – (4 nights) - Nagpur – (overnight stay) - Hyderabad – (overnight stay) – Bangalore.

Hello Manubhai,

A great write-up and splendid pics of Manu ! I have never had the luck to see the big cat up close, tho' we've spent the better part of a decade and a half touring Uttaranchal (Corbett, Dudhwa) and more recently the Tiger Habitat in the Sunderbans.
I envy you and your freinds this great experience !
Shashanka

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd March 2014 at 13:13. Reason: Fixing quote tag
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 09:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Lovely crisp narration. Would love to see more pics of Kanha and Bandhavgarh. Your trip brings back very fond memories of my MP trip back in 2009. We did Khajuraho - Bedhaghat - Kanha. Missed out on Bandhavgarh because of time constraints. Had a wonderful tiger sighting at Kanha too
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nd-tigers.html
razor4077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 13:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

How was the biryani??

Quote:

DAY 1

Waiter was helpful to say that “Hotel Paradise” biryani was better than theirs’ – for dinner we took an auto ride to Paradise for authentic Hyderabadi biryani.
A concise travelogue with some good pictures. Wish it had more photographs. I wish you had visited Pench as well since it was on the way.

You travelogue brought back memories of my own MP trip in 2011.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...t-gurgaon.html

Munna is one helluva Tiger and good to know that he is still the dominant male of the Kisli. Since you went to Mukki as well, any update or info on "Naakkata"? He had belted Munna some years ago when he strayed into Mukki area.

Quote:

DAY 9/10/11/12

On our 10th & final morning safari- Kisli, Pappu was at the wheel - & he was familiar with the territory & movements of the magnificent male “Munna”.

As we were parked up along a nala – we heard a growl through the thick bushes – goose-bumps! Finally once a few more jeeps & an audience gathered, Munna strode out of the thicket - & the next 20 minutes or so – everyone was in a trance – as Munna disdainly walked down the road – not one bit bothered about the crowd – in-fact he seemed to relish all the attention.

Munna has the most remarkable stripe marking “CAT” embedded on his forehead.
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 17:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
How was the biryani??

A concise travelogue with some good pictures. Wish it had more photographs. I wish you had visited Pench as well since it was on the way.

You travelogue brought back memories of my own MP trip in 2011.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...t-gurgaon.html

Munna is one helluva Tiger and good to know that he is still the dominant male of the Kisli. Since you went to Mukki as well, any update or info on "Naakkata"? He had belted Munna some years ago when he strayed into Mukki area.
GD Sahaab, thank you for the appreciation. I will try to post a few more pics, thank you for asking.

We did stop in Pench but only for a chai at Tiger N Woods Resort (the Pench branch of www.indianadventures.com ), courtesy of Mr. Anukul (Wild Chalet Manager) who was travelling along with us upto Nagpur.

By the way, this resort was better looking than the ones at Kanha & Bandhavgarh - wooden cottages on a machan, much more rustic & natural - a sure recommendation for anyone visiting Pench.

As regards Munna's territory - you are correct - the jungle stories we heard was that Munna was indeed belted outta his territory which covered Mukki & Kisli. Now Munna is confined to a smaller territory in Kisli.

I did go through a bit of your travelogue - will take me a while to get to that level GD Sahaab Very enjoyable.
manubhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 17:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Lovely crisp narration. Would love to see more pics of Kanha and Bandhavgarh. Your trip brings back very fond memories of my MP trip back in 2009. We did Khajuraho - Bedhaghat - Kanha. Missed out on Bandhavgarh because of time constraints. Had a wonderful tiger sighting at Kanha too
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nd-tigers.html
Thank you Razor4077 for the good words & glad this write-up took you back to your moments of fond memories of 2009 - one of the niceties of such a forum.

We did consider Panna & Khajuraho - but did'nt work for 2 reasons:
1. Time constraints.
2. 3 of us guys - 2 married with kids - going together to Khajuraho - not good for my reputation back home......& I'm the bachelor
Old 25th March 2014, 17:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Hello Manubhai,

A great write-up and splendid pics of Manu ! I have never had the luck to see the big cat up close, tho' we've spent the better part of a decade and a half touring Uttaranchal (Corbett, Dudhwa) and more recently the Tiger Habitat in the Sunderbans.
I envy you and your freinds this great experience !
Shashanka
Shashanka, we had our best sighting of Munna on the 10th safari - this was our last & final safari - if not for this sighting, we too would have certainly felt a bit disappointed. I understand your envy completely.
There's a friend who's done 17 straight morning & evening safaris till she saw a tiger - at Bandhavgarh

Sure sighting a tiger is the ultimate, but the sights, sounds, smells on a safari of a forest as stunning as Kanha is truly a fascinating experience.

You have been to the supposedly very beautiful Corbett & the swampy Sunderbans - i envy that experience of your's ;-)
Old 25th March 2014, 19:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Well well, if you read my travelogue, I went with my wife & daughter to Khajuraho. Now take that..

Quote:

We did consider Panna & Khajuraho - but did'nt work for 2 reasons:

2. 3 of us guys - 2 married with kids - going together to Khajuraho - not good for my reputation back home......& I'm the bachelor
I roamed the jungles of North from 1991 till 2011 without a sighting and even after back-to-back safaris in B'garh, I've yet to see a Tiger there.

Quote:

There's a friend who's done 17 straight morning & evening safaris till she saw a tiger - at Bandhavgarh
I agree wholeheartedly..

Quote:

Sure sighting a tiger is the ultimate, but the sights, sounds, smells on a safari of a forest as stunning as Kanha is truly a fascinating experience.
Old 26th March 2014, 01:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I'll be happy to share any further information you need. This was a dream route for me too, & it worked out well. Make a plan & do it, worth it
Very Interesting and crisp narration. Thanks for Sharing. Probably your's is the latest update on the road conditions between Nagpur / Seoni / Bandhavgarh / Kanha.

I have made arrangements for Hyderabad - Kanha trip in the last week of April'2014. I will be driving down with my Family in my Scorpio. Hyderabad - Nagpur(night halt on purpose) - Kanha.

I will be staying 3N at Baghira Log Huts. Planned for 5 Safaris.. hoping to see "Munna"

The road conditions updated by you are of immense help (my last trip on this sector was to Pench in March'2012)

Few questions about Kanha.

How was the cell phone connectivity. Is it limited to any specific service provider???

Is the Tiger show on elephant back is still On?

Any idea about the MPTDC restaurant / rest house near Rookhad between Khawasa and Seoni. If i am not wrong it is named 'Bison Treat'

Another useful tip from you was on the hotel you stayed at nagpur .. will check that out and probably use it for night
stay.
Thanks a Ton in Advance
Cheers!
NH

Last edited by Night_Hawk : 26th March 2014 at 01:15.
Night_Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 07:54   #25
Team-BHP Support

Awesome log and apt set of snaps.

The Marble rocks valley is some thing that I have in mind for quite some time. But would like to club some places other wild life sanctuaries. Will try to think through.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 16:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
Very Interesting and crisp narration. Thanks for Sharing. Probably your's is the latest update on the road conditions between Nagpur / Seoni / Bandhavgarh / Kanha.

I have made arrangements for Hyderabad - Kanha trip in the last week of April'2014. I will be driving down with my Family in my Scorpio. Hyderabad - Nagpur(night halt on purpose) - Kanha.

I will be staying 3N at Baghira Log Huts. Planned for 5 Safaris.. hoping to see "Munna"

The road conditions updated by you are of immense help (my last trip on this sector was to Pench in March'2012)

Few questions about Kanha.

How was the cell phone connectivity. Is it limited to any specific service provider???

Is the Tiger show on elephant back is still On?

Any idea about the MPTDC restaurant / rest house near Rookhad between Khawasa and Seoni. If i am not wrong it is named 'Bison Treat'

Another useful tip from you was on the hotel you stayed at nagpur .. will check that out and probably use it for night
stay.
Thanks a Ton in Advance
Cheers!
NH

Glad you liked the write-up NH & even better if its useful in any way for you.

In fact, one of the main purposes of writing this was to update the forum particularly regarding Nagpur-Seoni-Jabalpur sector. I had looked up the forum prior to our trip & the reports available were indeed pretty old - 2011/12.

1. Cellphones work fine, both BSNL & Airtel had good connectivity in almost all areas.
2. Thankfully the tiger shows are a thing of the past.
3. Sorry, did'nt notice Bison Treat.

Since you are going in high summer - good chances of sightings. Baghira Log Hut is very well located, good choice.
'Legend Inn', Nagpur is worth a stay. Pretty inspirational environment with large posters of Everest & Himalayan mountains. A few more hotels alongside on the same road, so you can make a choice.

Good luck & looking forward to your report on the Team.
Old 26th March 2014, 16:55   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Awesome log and apt set of snaps.

The Marble rocks valley is some thing that I have in mind for quite some time. But would like to club some places other wild life sanctuaries. Will try to think through.
Thanks for the Ampere. I've of course read a few of your many super reports on BHP. Thanks for all of that.

The region around Marble Rocks is spoilt for choices - besides Marble Rocks theres Pench - Kanha - Bandhavgarh - Panna - Khajuraho - Panchmarhi - & I'm sure plenty more....
Old 26th March 2014, 17:19   #28
BHPian

Bunch of boys jumping over a cliff into the Narmada

Road Trip from Bangalore: Marble Rocks, Bandhavgarh & Kanha in a Bolero-marblerocks3.jpg

Marble Rocks

Road Trip from Bangalore: Marble Rocks, Bandhavgarh & Kanha in a Bolero-marblerocks4.jpg

Road Trip from Bangalore: Marble Rocks, Bandhavgarh & Kanha in a Bolero-wildlife5.jpg

Road Trip from Bangalore: Marble Rocks, Bandhavgarh & Kanha in a Bolero-forest1.jpg

Road Trip from Bangalore: Marble Rocks, Bandhavgarh & Kanha in a Bolero-forest2.jpg
Old 26th March 2014, 17:31   #29
BHPian

MUNNA on the prowl...

Road Trip from Bangalore: Marble Rocks, Bandhavgarh & Kanha in a Bolero-tiger4.jpg
Old 26th March 2014, 19:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Well well, if you read my travelogue, I went with my wife & daughter to Khajuraho. Now take that..

I roamed the jungles of North from 1991 till 2011 without a sighting and even after back-to-back safaris in B'garh, I've yet to see a Tiger there. ng
In Kanha at the resort we were staying, we met a bunch of 50+ men - 6 of them friends who drove non-stop to Kanha from Pune just 'for fun'. Simple men, not much really into 'wildlife' but enjoyed driving off to various places all over India.
Day of their arriival - their 1st ever safari - evening- Leopard walking down the road !
Next morning - 2nd safari - Female tiger along with 3 cubs !!!

Thats it - job done - they all had lunch, packed up & checked out - driving non-stop back to Pune.
We were left with our lunch still stuck in our throats...

Ive been on a few safaris in different places in India over 10-12 years - never once have I spotted a Leopard till date.

Such is the way the dice rolls GD Sahab

Last edited by manubhai : 26th March 2014 at 19:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks