Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2014, 18:09   #31
BHPian

Re: Go Snow - With my Punto to Hatu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
I am still skeptical, unable to conceive how come the engine fired successfully in First Crank. Why did you have to idle that long ? Was it someone suggested you or you did it on purpose.

Because the User manual says idle lesser and start driving slowly with the heater ON, that way you could have saved some fuel. Wondering how come diesel did not clog in such a condition. Your car looks amazing and bold in the dusted look. Punto is meant to be driven to such places for sure.

1. Did you receive any warning alert in the MID stating "Possible ICE on Road" ?
2. How many times were you able to sense the ABD and EBD kicking in during this trip ?
All I can do is thank my stars. It started on the first crank and performed when it mattered the most. I decided to keep it on idle as the car was surrounded by almost 2 feet snow. I didn't want to strain the car while it was cold thus, waited for the temperature needle to climb, and then decided to drive. It took some high rev reverse and first gear combo to get us out of Hotel Hatu. Doing that in a completely cold engine was a scary thought.

Yes, 'the Possible ICE on road' warning was there and we had a hearty laugh at it as there was snow all around.

ABS kicking in - Very rarely, I was using engine braking to slow down and used to depress the brakes only after the car had slowed down to <10 KMPH. It kicked in at Fagu as there was ice on road and the grip level was very poor. Since it was my first drive on Snow and I had ample of time, I was over-cautious during the return journey. The idea was to reach home safely and enjoy the great memories.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:56   #32
BHPian

You lucky so and so. I envy you. Spare a thought for the poor souls stuck in south India. The heat is really cooking my brains . Awesome pics bro
Old 22nd April 2014, 11:51   #33

Breathtaking views, beautiful pictures Biraj. Looks like Punto is feeling at home in snow.
Your travelogue is inspiring. Will definitely take my oceanic blue punto to taste some snow next winters.
ar_anupam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 14:16   #34
BHPian

Wonderful photos and lucid narration Biraj! This is an excellent travelogue. Rated 5*.

--
Sayak
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 19:54   #35
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Lucky you Biraj. I have always heard about heavy snowing around Hatu(Narkhanda). That HPTDC hotel is amazing. Fantastic location. We had a similar experience in 2012 but had snowed out a day before. I have never seen this much snow. Beautiful log and pics...
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks