Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2014, 22:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster: 5-day roadtrip from Delhi to Himachal

Great trip and even better photos. I was posted in Palampur for good about three years and I can vouch that Himachal Pradesh can beat Switzerland when it comes to natural beauty.

The best route from Delhi to Palampur is via Pathankot, unless you own a Vehicle with good ground clearance. Although you will drive a couple of hundred kms more, but believe me, it's much safer since you drive only 120 kms through the mountains.

The best time to go is between march to june. Do include Bir Billing in your route if you want to do some Paragliding.
nda992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 23:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Re. the above, one thing that intrigues me is whether it makes sense to buy the AWD XUV over the FWD versions. As I've mentioned elsewhere in this forum, I've been using a 2WD Scorpio over the past several years (all over the country) with happy satisfaction, and now the XUV is in the radar since it's approaching time for a change. I'll confess that I am an admirer of M&M and their in-house R & D capabilities, so I don't plan to go in for another make. Also my budget wont stretch much beyond the AWD XUV.

Look forward to your comments.
The decision regarding FWD vs AWD depends primarily on whether you want to do off-roading and drive your car on very challenging terrain. I have taken my FWD XUV to North Sikkim, Ladakh, etc., and rarely felt the need for AWD. Having said that, if the additional initial cost and incremental running / maintenance cost for AWD is not a factor, just close your eyes and go for AWD. Even if you need it once in a blue moon, you will have the satisfaction of having that extra capability. As all auto enthusiasts know, some decisions are better taken by the heart rather than the head!
Old 3rd April 2014, 20:15   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Even if you need it once in a blue moon, you will have the satisfaction of having that extra capability. As all auto enthusiasts know, some decisions are better taken by the heart rather than the head!
Thanks for the above ! As you've rightly said, some decisions are better........
At the same time, it is always a source of some encouragement when your view is endorsed by someone with his own experience in the topic under discussion !
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks