Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2015, 13:53   #31
BHPian

Re: Voyage : In & around the UAE

Some days back I happened to visit the Corniche area of Abu Dhabi, which happens to be the capital of UAE. It's a lesser known fact and people still think Dubai is the national capital, which is not correct.

AD which is the powerhouse of UAE is in all fine and shines, with it's unlimited oil reserves. Seeing the heart of the city, I could say that it feels good to be there.

Some of my captures for the day.

Voyage : In & around the UAE-tn_imag0208.jpg

Voyage : In & around the UAE-tn_imag0209.jpg

Voyage : In & around the UAE-tn_imag0214.jpg

The fancy lights

Voyage : In & around the UAE-tn_imag0213.jpg

Voyage : In & around the UAE-tn_imag0216.jpg

Voyage : In & around the UAE-tn_imag0217.jpg

The waiting area

Voyage : In & around the UAE-tn_imag0219.jpg

Voyage : In & around the UAE-tn_imag0222.jpg

Voyage : In & around the UAE-tn_imag0223.jpg

Voyage : In & around the UAE-tn_imag0225.jpg

The waiting area, probably a bus stand

Voyage : In & around the UAE-tn_imag0224.jpg

Every pic was shot in my mobile camera. And I must admit, I thoroughly enjoyed being there. It was an amazing feeling.

Also I am glad that I could bump this thread up with something.

Cheers!
voyageur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 06:07   #32
Team-BHP Support

Despite having lived in the UAE for about 18 years, i have been to Abu Dhabi probably just once or twice. For some reason, it always paled before Dubai IMHO. I guess the situation would be different now, after Abu Dhabi bailed out Dubai from the financial mess.
Old 10th March 2015, 10:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Despite having lived in the UAE for about 18 years, i have been to Abu Dhabi probably just once or twice. For some reason, it always paled before Dubai IMHO. I guess the situation would be different now, after Abu Dhabi bailed out Dubai from the financial mess.
Even today, in my personal opinion, AD pales in front of Dubai and not the other way around.

Infrastructure - Not that AD is bad, but Dubai is just better built. The roads are better laid, surface is smoother, etc. AD city traffic is a mess and comparatively disorganized. I mean, when there are road works in Dubai, it is so well planned that most motorists wont even feel the difference. Apart from the roads, even the towers in Dubai are much better and a sight to behold. The canals, water ways, monorail, etc. makes DUBAI a beautiful place, even though most of it are man made. I dont think you can see anything like this in AD -

Voyage : In & around the UAE-1.jpg
Voyage : In & around the UAE-2.jpg
Voyage : In & around the UAE-3.jpg

Facilities - Lets face it, Dubai has better shopping centers and recreational areas. Apart from Ferrari World, we have nothing substantial in AD. Dubai even has far better public transport in terms of metro and bus connectivity. Even the airport is far better than what other Emirates have (as far as you are flying in Emirates Airlines)!

Drivers - Ask anyone in UAE and they will surely comment that Dubai has far better and safer drivers than AD! We are trained to give way and stay an arm length away from AD registered cars!

Finally, whoever visits UAE does comment that AD is fine, it is beautiful... but Dubai has a charm of it's own.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks