Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:23   #16
BHPian

Re: In the Theater of my dreams - Old Trafford

Thanks a ton Anoop for posting this. What a dream to realise. Sheer goosebumps while going through the snaps. Irrespective of the results and the standings for this season, the Red Devils will bounce back next season. Glory Glory Man Utd!!!!
padikpanther is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 16:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick.munish View Post
Well it is for no reason that Old Trafford is called The Theatre of Dreams.
I have had quite a few chances to be there and watch it come alive on Match days.
The best memory I have of being there was during the 2012-13 season when Newcastle came calling on Boxing day.
What a match it was. Chichirato scored a late late winner to win it for us 4-3.
The most electrifying environment ever I have been part of.
That must have been one of the best experiences in your life - envy you for that. I would have loved to experience a match day - may be I will get a chance in future.

And I recently watched that match in a season review video - was just awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padikpanther View Post
Thanks a ton Anoop for posting this. What a dream to realise. Sheer goosebumps while going through the snaps. Irrespective of the results and the standings for this season, the Red Devils will bounce back next season. Glory Glory Man Utd!!!!
A true red is not bothered much about the results and standings - will breathe and bleed red till the day he dies.

Glad you liked the thread.
Old 22nd May 2014, 17:05   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop_SG View Post
With Dave - our tour guide. He is a hard core Man Utd fan and a bubbly chap. He was in his teens when the Munich tragedy happened and has witnessed the rise of Manchester United as one of the biggest football club in Europe. You could feel his passion from the way he enjoyed explaining facts about the club. Thank you Dave, for the experience.
Anoop,

Your pictures are fantastic and far more detailed than the few I took.

My son and I just got back from this stadium. I am no football fan, not even a cricket fan, so did not follow much. Dave Smith however made things interesting, more in the way he kept lampooning and lambasting Liverpool than in the Manu U titbits he shared (which only my son followed). BTW from what I remember there were 13 titles (not 12) that Manu has won. Did they will the 13th one between your visit and ours (May 20th 2014)?

And you know that part where Dave breaks up the public into 2 equal sections to line up and enter the pitch? As my son was the only kid there, he got to lead his section out with Dave holding his hand.

Also they have this TV screen and they took my son's picture and photo-shopped it with a newspaper title "Man U signs 12 year old prodigy" LOL. I was laughing so loud at the hoopla they make over 22-24 grown men kicking something round for 90 minutes.

Oh and few a few quid extra they can put that certificate in a folder for you.

Oh and I forgot, did Dave tell you the story where Beckham first met Posh Spice who was visiting the buffet room with another Spice girl?

Last edited by navin : 22nd May 2014 at 17:18.
Old 22nd May 2014, 18:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Anoop,

Your pictures are fantastic and far more detailed than the few I took.

My son and I just got back from this stadium. I am no football fan, not even a cricket fan, so did not follow much. Dave Smith however made things interesting, more in the way he kept lampooning and lambasting Liverpool than in the Manu U titbits he shared (which only my son followed). BTW from what I remember there were 13 titles (not 12) that Manu has won. Did they will the 13th one between your visit and ours (May 20th 2014)?
Glad to see that you actually took the effort to show your son around - I can imagine that it can be quite boring if you are not a follower of football let alone United. Yes you are correct - United won another title between my date of visit and 2014.

Quote:
And you know that part where Dave breaks up the public into 2 equal sections to line up and enter the pitch? As my son was the only kid there, he got to lead his section out with Dave holding his hand.
Yes - that was one of the most wonderful experience of the whole tour.

Quote:
Also they have this TV screen and they took my son's picture and photo-shopped it with a newspaper title "Man U signs 12 year old prodigy" LOL. I was laughing so loud at the hoopla they make over 22-24 grown men kicking something round for 90 minutes.
Cool. Must have been a great experience for your son - my regards to a fellow Red Devil.

Quote:
Oh and I forgot, did Dave tell you the story where Beckham first met Posh Spice who was visiting the buffet room with another Spice girl?

That's a new trivia - glad you shared. If possible, please do share some snaps of your visit.
Old 22nd May 2014, 20:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

What an amazing travelogue Anoop. RESPECT.

I wish I could go there one day (am a die hard Man Utd fan). I lived in Paris once and visited the Stade de France (in 2002, it was brand new at that time) and it was a brilliant experience. We even experienced mexican waves (there were lot of us visiting the stadium). I lived right next to PSV's Philips stadium long back (in 2001-02). Matchdays used to be lots of noise Your wonderful travelogue brought back lots of memories.
Old 22nd May 2014, 21:33   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
What an amazing travelogue Anoop. RESPECT.

I wish I could go there one day (am a die hard Man Utd fan). I lived in Paris once and visited the Stade de France (in 2002, it was brand new at that time) and it was a brilliant experience. We even experienced mexican waves (there were lot of us visiting the stadium). I lived right next to PSV's Philips stadium long back (in 2001-02). Matchdays used to be lots of noise Your wonderful travelogue brought back lots of memories.
Thanks mate.

The only thing I missed is the match day experience. Wish to do that some day.
Old 7th July 2014, 16:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Don't know how i missed it till now Man, that was indeed a 'dream' pictorial of the club of the legends. Hope someday i will also be fortunate to visit the place. And sincerely wish they will be back with a bang with a revamped squad next season under the new Dutch Boss.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks