Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2014, 10:21   #31
BHPian

Re: Photologue: A Himalayan Sojourn

WOW Ecstasy_drive. Really nice pictures in there.
I had been planning to do the leh trip for quite sometime now, but there were many concerns from many people that did not allow us to materialize our plans.

Can you please help me clarify the below points :

1. Not all cars are fit for leh trip. I own a Dzire, do you think it will be an issue to make a leh trip in this car?
2. Oxygen level drop will make it hard for us to drive at such altitude?
3. Driving in ladakh requires special skills & everyone cannot drive in that terrain. After 7 years & more than 1.5 lakh KM of driving (inclunding drive to normal hill stations like mussoorie etc), I think I should be able to manage my drive in that terrain?
Old 15th April 2014, 15:16   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan_R15 View Post
Simply amazing pictures! That place is so beautiful that point your camera in any direction and click it has to be picture perfect shot. Brought back all the memories of my short stay in Himalayas in 2011. Congrats once again for such an amazing trip.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinendran View Post
Ecstasy drive, Brilliant my friend. My personal favourites from your latest pictures are the Sarthi/Sakti Village photograph and the quanto somewhere after Sarchu. Yes, if ever there was heaven on earth then this is the place.
Thanks. Sarkthi Village is so beautiful. Wish we had gone there and some time. For sure will do it next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damore View Post
Amazing photographs, speechless!
One of the best photography skills in all the Travelogues I have read till now. Agree that the Leh, Ladakh, Pangyong Tso, etc. backdrops are beautiful in itself but, your skills have doubled the beauty in them.

Gives me all the more motivation to take on this trip soon.
Am glad you liked my Photologue. When ever i clicked something especially in Ladakh region, i used to check instantly with my in-camera screen whether i had justified the beauty of what i see with my naked eyes. Most of the time the shots in the screen stands no closer to what is there in real. Such is the beauty of Ladakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
WOW Ecstasy_drive. Really nice pictures in there.
I had been planning to do the leh trip for quite sometime now, but there were many concerns from many people that did not allow us to materialize our plans.

Can you please help me clarify the below points :

1. Not all cars are fit for leh trip. I own a Dzire, do you think it will be an issue to make a leh trip in this car?
2. Oxygen level drop will make it hard for us to drive at such altitude?
3. Driving in ladakh requires special skills & everyone cannot drive in that terrain. After 7 years & more than 1.5 lakh KM of driving (inclunding drive to normal hill stations like mussoorie etc), I think I should be able to manage my drive in that terrain?
Thanks for your appreciation. Below are my answers to your queries

1. I had read travelogues of fellow Teambhp'ians who had taken their Swift to Leh and came back safe. So i dont see any reason for not taking your Dzire up there. With better roads you can plan your trip in September.
2. Oxygen levels will be low but in our trip we did not felt any effect of it in our driving. If you are very concerned then there are portable Oxygen cylinders to help you out.
3. As of me driving in ladakh is much more safe than driving in Jammu-Srinagar stretch or Manali-Chandigarh. Am sure with your kind of experience with the vehicle you can make the trip without any issues. We followed simple rules like "Start early and reach early" and we did not drive after 7pm. All said, the trip to leh is all about preparation. Please go through tsk1979 complete Leh guide to know much more. The information he shared is priceless and makes us feel much more confident to take the trip
Ecstasy_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 12:04   #33
BHPian

Wow! Am speechless ...this is an amazing travelogue.
Above everything is your photography skills.. they are just out of the world
Old 16th April 2014, 14:35   #34
BHPian

Oh My God !! This is what i think whenever i see pics of Ladakh, Your pics are exceptionally Good,

Ladakh is in my cards for almost 2 years now and now i will push for this year for sure.

"For those who are planning and not able to decide on the trip to ladakh for various reasons. Please dont give up. Make it happen soon"
Old 16th April 2014, 14:51   #35
BHPian

Ecstasy_Drive this is mesmerizing !!

First the beauty of Ladakh and second your awesome camerawork. One can actually feel enigmatic calmness and soothing effect just by looking at these pictures. I am sure it would be a different experience altogether to see the region in real. Keep up the good work
Old 17th April 2014, 09:47   #36
BHPian

Hi Ecstasy_Drive,

Small world it is! We saw your Quanto at Shanti Stupa, we had just parked our Bolero and saw your Quanto going down. I was surprised to see the TN-37 registaration, the reason being i am from Salem I was waving, but since it was dark it wouldn't have been visible. Later I was keeping a keen lookout to see the Quanto, but didn't see it.

We did the trip from Bangalore. It was a dream coming true for me.
The nature here is abudance in diversity, very nice pictures.

- JP
Old 18th April 2014, 13:04   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikrishna717 View Post
Wow! Am speechless ...this is an amazing travelogue.
Above everything is your photography skills.. they are just out of the world
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
Oh My God !! This is what i think whenever i see pics of Ladakh, Your pics are exceptionally Good,

Ladakh is in my cards for almost 2 years now and now i will push for this year for sure.

"For those who are planning and not able to decide on the trip to ladakh for various reasons. Please dont give up. Make it happen soon"
I hope you make your trip soon and present here with a wonderful travelogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
Ecstasy_Drive this is mesmerizing !!

First the beauty of Ladakh and second your awesome camerawork. One can actually feel enigmatic calmness and soothing effect just by looking at these pictures. I am sure it would be a different experience altogether to see the region in real. Keep up the good work
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie98 View Post
Hi Ecstasy_Drive,

Small world it is! We saw your Quanto at Shanti Stupa, we had just parked our Bolero and saw your Quanto going down. I was surprised to see the TN-37 registaration, the reason being i am from Salem I was waving, but since it was dark it wouldn't have been visible. Later I was keeping a keen lookout to see the Quanto, but didn't see it.

We did the trip from Bangalore. It was a dream coming true for me.
The nature here is abudance in diversity, very nice pictures.

- JP
Yes, Small world it is. We missed to notice you as you know it was quite dark when we started from Shanti Stupa. The next day we started to Lukung and then we climbed down to Manali. So you would have not seen us there again. Yes, the nature here is vast and wish it stays like this. Am glad you liked my pictures
Old 21st April 2014, 19:16   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome pics buddy.
My dropped jaw is not yet back to where it was supposed to be!!!

You proved that you dont need a long written log to tell a story.
You did it so beautifully with your snaps.

Simply out of the world.
Old 29th April 2014, 18:49   #39
BHPian

One of the best sets of photos that I have ever seen. No doubt himalaya has breathtaking scenes, capturing them is an art. Wonderful captures there!!
Old 30th April 2014, 07:06   #40
BHPian

Terrific photos, EcstasyDrive.
Are you from CBE?
Old 30th April 2014, 08:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

Amazing pics!! Even after seeing so many pics of leh and ladakh I still get mesmerized on the beauty of the place. Hope it stays the same and does not get commercialized.

Thanks for sharing the travelogue and wonderful pics.
Old 30th April 2014, 11:36   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Awesome pics buddy.
My dropped jaw is not yet back to where it was supposed to be!!!

You proved that you dont need a long written log to tell a story.
You did it so beautifully with your snaps.

Simply out of the world.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchanna View Post
One of the best sets of photos that I have ever seen. No doubt himalaya has breathtaking scenes, capturing them is an art. Wonderful captures there!!
Thanks a lot for your appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Terrific photos, EcstasyDrive.
Are you from CBE?
Thanks. Yes I am from Coimbatore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Amazing pics!! Even after seeing so many pics of leh and ladakh I still get mesmerized on the beauty of the place. Hope it stays the same and does not get commercialized.

Thanks for sharing the travelogue and wonderful pics.
Ladakh will not disappoint even if your expectations are sky high and yes, hope it remains the same for ever.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks