Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2014, 21:55   #16
BHPian

Re: Early mornings of a remote South Indian village

Touched a chord in me. I loved the words in the prologue than the pics. but okay I should say your pics are the icing on the cake. Brilliant! And your words about the woman asking you whether you had food brought a lump to my throat. We city wallahs never bother about hunger, being always well fed, but the simple folks at the VIllage , hunger being the integral part of their life, they will always ask the next human being first whether they had anything to eat! Rated thread five stars!
srikanthns is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 22:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the wonderful travelogue. Sure does reflect how the things ave changed from the time we were kids to the time we tend to have kids of our own.

I for one fall into the category of reflecting upon my growth and cribbing about the salary for the amount of work I do. Life surely teaches us to enjoy small things and not to worry about the things which is not in our hands.

Loved the travelogue and the pictures .. Amazing. And just a small correction, the name of the village is Kokkarebellur or kokrebellur which has the famous bird sanctuary as well.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 22:51   #18
BHPian

Shubh, very nice pics..some of them are very impressive.. what camera do you use ( lens specs too ;-) ) This place is known for birds.

For all others - Its between maddur and mandya.. you will have to watch out for a sign board towards your left , if you travel from bangalore.
Old 20th April 2014, 07:16   #19
BHPian

Great Photos & touching travelogue. Keep them coming.

I pass by so many such picturesque villages around Shimoga & hardly notice things you have narrated :(

Next time, I will give myself little extra time to reflect.

Did you give the guy notebook & pen? Is he from Kukrebellur itself?

One of the NGO I am associated do provide notebooks to around 25000+ students in rural Karnataka in their annual event.
anand_hc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 10:52   #20
BHPian

Wonderful pictures and thanks for showing rustic and beautiful side of rural India. Beautifully pictured..
Old 20th April 2014, 11:22   #21
BHPian

Amazing post with amazing photos, just what I needed. We have all been so busy in our corporate lives that we have been missing what is really required. I was talking to a colleague while coming back from work yesterday ( yes working on weekends too - here is one example ) about how refreshing it feels to breath fresh air after it has just rained in the evenings compared to the artificial air from AC in office or cars and you just showed how it looks . Someday I am going to settle in this kind of place far away from the chaos of the city.
prguru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 11:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful pics. Somehow I have not been comfortable in taking the daily life portraits as the portrait lens demands being adequately close and thereby taking off the realism from the photo. Telephoto lens appears like sneaking into someone's private life. Just curious how you plan and shoot these portraits. Kids I do understand normally pose and their expressions are genuine but the elders may not always appreciate being clicked especially the women folks.

Anyways, the pics are really wonderful. I am not sure if the text was required at all, the photographs speak for themselves.
Old 20th April 2014, 17:03   #23
BHPian

I just went through your music in your blog...
Marvelous.
My eighteen month old daughter is captivated by the songs.....
Great music, excellent photography and a well written travelogue.
Hope to hear more of you and your band.
nda992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 20:06   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post
Prologue :

In life, we happen to chase certain things and think that they would make us happy.

This is one hell of a start to a travelogue! And most of this resonates with most of us around. Thanks for this introduction post! I am sure the rest of the travelogue is going to be as good, but this just made my day!
afunnynut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 23:32   #25
BHPian

Thank you each and everyone who have gone through this thread and have left a feedback. Really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
You mean Kokrebellur? Kokre means stork in Kannada.

Not to nitpick, but that's a buffalo.

Actually, you are very good. A brilliant capture of different moods from of a village.

I had posted a similar travelogue few years back. Photos are not this good, and the village is my native.
My bad. Thanks for correcting the name.
Yeah, indeed it's a buffalo. Again my bad
I went through your travelogue, and found it to be very mesmerizing. Who said that the pics weren't good. Loved them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
The name of the village is Kokkarebellur or kokrebellur which has the famous bird sanctuary as well.
Thanks for the name correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2vm View Post
Shubh, very nice pics..some of them are very impressive.. what camera do you use ( lens specs too ;-) )
Well, I must say that for this particular shoot, I used a pretty archaic camera gear, i.e. the Nikon D90, with a 35mm prime, 85mm prime for portraits, and a 70-200 constant aperture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_hc View Post
Did you give the guy notebook & pen? Is he from Kukrebellur itself?
Unfortunately, I didn't have an empty notebook in my car, so gave him some money to go and get it. That's the least I could do at that moment. And I know that he will not use that money for something that it's not intended for. A person's eyes speak a lot you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Just curious how you plan and shoot these portraits.
It's all about making yourself appear as one among them, i.e., what you speak to them, how to speak, what kind of eye contact do you maintain with them, striking a conversation, learning about their life, and most importantly, showing respect to them. I mean, it's something that is so abstract, and can't be put into an algorithmic form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nda992 View Post
I just went through your music in your blog...
Marvelous.
My eighteen month old daughter is captivated by the songs.
Great music, excellent photography and a well written travelogue.
Hope to hear more of you and your band.
Thank you so much sir for the appreciation. New tracks are coming in soon, do check the site for the latest in my music
RevvMusic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 06:21   #26
BHPian

Amazing. You wrote so well and brought back memories from my past. I have shared a photograph (with due credit to you) on my facebook (that of the boy who wanted a note book and a pen from you). Very poignant. Rated 5 star.
BurningHeart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 10:30   #27

A superb post from every sense, just loved it, and will never get bored even after reading numerous times, post reflect the real scenario in our city life.
nashwin55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 11:38   #28
BHPian

Amazing pics, and thought-provoking narrations .Your words made me think over and over about many things in life. Thanks for those insightful words. And for the brilliant pics.

I used to feel that we Indians think of unnecessary upgrades especially in case of cars, just because our neighbour or someone in the club bought a better car or to just show off, in case of many. If we see the used car market, 90% of the cars have run only a fraction of their potential range, many in the 50000 km range. But if we just check the used car websites in other countries, cars would've done around 1.5 - 3 lacs km before being sold.
Joe M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 11:53   #29
BHPian

Great narration there, revvmusic. Its small things in life that we need to look at and thank god for giving us a new day in our lives. Its just that we have just become a bit too oriented with ourselves, we forget that sharing is one of the best things one can do. I do know this from experience and from the smiles of my younger brother , when i used to unwrap an eclairs chocolate and then, i used to ask him to open his mouth, he would just give a big grin and give me a hug. The pictures somehow remind me of the life i always wished for: Simple, fulfilling. The pictures have totally captured the mood and had me transported into another realm in vivid imagery.

Thanks again for sharing and reminding me that life is how we see it.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 12:06   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
I have shared a photograph (with due credit to you) on my facebook (that of the boy who wanted a note book and a pen from you). Very poignant. Rated 5 star.
Thank you so much for sharing the photograph, sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
If we see the used car market, 90% of the cars have run only a fraction of their potential range, many in the 50000 km range. But if we just check the used car websites in other countries, cars would've done around 1.5 - 3 lacs km before being sold.
Very rightly said. The problem with us is that we tend to lead a kind of life that people around us want to see us leading, rather than leading a kind of life that we ourselves want to lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
I do know this from experience and from the smiles of my younger brother , when i used to unwrap an eclairs chocolate and then, i used to ask him to open his mouth, he would just give a big grin and give me a hug.
That is so sweet. Somethings are priceless. And all of those best things are available for free. For instance, the most important thing for us to survive is the air that we breathe in, and you see, that is free too. It's only the non-significant things that come with a price-tag
RevvMusic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks