Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2014, 12:10   #31
BHPian

Re: Early mornings of a remote South Indian village

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post
The problem with us is that we tend to lead a kind of life that people around us want to see us leading, rather than leading a kind of life that we ourselves want to lead
Exactly! Like some rich guy in our place said, when budget homes were the trend in market : "At any cost I need to build a low budget home"
Joe M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 12:27   #32
Senior - BHPian

Love the 0170.jpg image of the floating birds. Pics capture more than the physical aspects.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 12:31   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Shubho, yours is a thread where I cannot decide that if the write up is better or the photographs. Every word comes straight out from your heart here. The pictures are splendid, but the write up is majestic. Appreciate your words and thoughts.

I realized this a few years ago after an extremely rough phase in my life. Since, then I am living it as there is no tomorrow. Not that I don't plan for tomorrow; just that the plan is calculative. This way I live for today because *this* is the tomorrow that I dreamt of yesterday. We often keep doing things/ saving/ planning for tomorrow, which may never come.
Living this way has made my life better and happy. Life, for me is about the days I am already living; not what may (or may not) come.

Great thread.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 12:52   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Shubho, yours is a thread where I cannot decide that if the write up is better or the photographs. Every word comes straight out from your heart here. The pictures are splendid, but the write up is majestic. Appreciate your words and thoughts.

I realized this a few years ago after an extremely rough phase in my life. Since, then I am living it as there is no tomorrow. Not that I don't plan for tomorrow; just that the plan is calculative. This way I live for today because *this* is the tomorrow that I dreamt of yesterday. We often keep doing things/ saving/ planning for tomorrow, which may never come.
Living this way has made my life better and happy. Life, for me is about the days I am already living; not what may (or may not) come.

Great thread.

Regards,
Saket
Thank you so much Saket for the appreciation. And yes, you have taken the right approach to life now. It's all about taking things one at a time
RevvMusic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 13:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Very impressive write up and pictures, well coordinated! Rated this thread a well deserving 5 *****!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 13:53   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely write up and fantastic shots.
You brought us too all back to earth and down to basics.

Lovely photography.
Especially the grain fields with grass in the foreground.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 14:05   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry, got so engrossed that I forgot to vote. Rated 5 stars as it deserves.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 14:32   #38
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pictures and a heartwarming narrative. Your thread has really reminded me and many others of an earlier era. Indeed you have rightly pointed out how we have taken so many basic things for granted. Time with our loved ones, good health, and Life itself are to be cherished and enjoyed each and every day. Look forward to many more travelogues from you. BTW your S10 looks really nice.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 14:37   #39
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Wow, lovely writeup and super pics there!!

Your Palio S10 is looking superb! This very Palio was offered to me, it's odo read 49k kms 5 years back. What's the reading now?
Old 21st April 2014, 14:50   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Cmon, a late night or early morning drive in your S10 itself could bring in Nirvana!

Beautiful set of pics! Thank you for sharing.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 09:56   #41

Thank You for this brilliant set of pictures and to pair it up with an excellent write up.

When I was really young my mother taught me to pray every night before I go to sleep and once when I get up the next morning. Just a 5-10 second thank you prayer. Over the years I continue to do so just out of habit. But reading this kind of gives more meaning to that habit.
Rover-IB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 11:45   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Very impressive write up and pictures, well coordinated! Rated this thread a well deserving 5 *****!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Sorry, got so engrossed that I forgot to vote. Rated 5 stars as it deserves.
Thank you Saket & getsurya for voting 5 stars. Much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Lovely write up and fantastic shots.
You brought us too all back to earth and down to basics.
Lovely photography.
Especially the grain fields with grass in the foreground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Wow, lovely writeup and super pics there!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Excellent pictures and a heartwarming narrative. Your thread has really reminded me and many others of an earlier era. Indeed you have rightly pointed out how we have taken so many basic things for granted. Time with our loved ones, good health, and Life itself are to be cherished and enjoyed each and every day. Look forward to many more travelogues from you. BTW your S10 looks really nice.
Thank you sirs for the good words. Glad you loved it

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Cmon, a late night or early morning drive in your S10 itself could bring in Nirvana!

Beautiful set of pics! Thank you for sharing.
Well, that's understood by default
An S10 anytime of the day or night is indeed pure Nirvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover-IB View Post
Just a 5-10 second thank you prayer. Over the years I continue to do so just out of habit. But reading this kind of gives more meaning to that habit.
Reading that brought a smile on my face. Please continue doing so. It's very important to be thankful to our creator. Who knows if we'd see tomorrow's sun or not

Last edited by RevvMusic : 22nd April 2014 at 11:54.
Old 22nd April 2014, 23:06   #43
BHPian

A heart touching thread in many ways. You have beautifully captured little things in life which are way far out of reach for a city dweller. Even I am a small town guy like you and many of your pics reminded me of my childhood days. Thanks for making me relive those evergreen memories. The picture of the little boy that asked you a pen and notebook brought tears in my eyes. Hats off!
hardoop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 10:09   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Shubho, like everyone me too amazed with the picture quality and narration. And it has struck that chord with many due to the village thing we grew up in and have very less connections left now. So rated five star for this thread

I had been to this place many a times earlier when there are storks and pelicans were around. If you don't mind, just to refresh those memories, here is one from my old books - sitting at the top of all memories just like this braveheart and in a bunch like these tamarinds -

Early mornings of a remote South Indian village-img_7452.jpg

Early mornings of a remote South Indian village-img_7498.jpg

Thanks again for the lovely t-log.
abirnale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 12:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

A log that was hardly 3 posts and half a page and it inspired discussions that has lasted three more pages. Vow!! Appreciate your efforts in putting your thoughts to words, interspersed with your lovely photos. As a person hitting the road to the country side at any available option, I can relate to the feelings expressed - but am not so capable to put in words as you have done. Great read. Thanks
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed