Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2014, 13:22   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Early mornings of a remote South Indian village

The other thing which I learnt over years : We see but we never observe.

And its both good and bad....

Why Good ? Rather than why we should ask ourselves, when was it good? The answer is self explanatory. We never bothered to observe in an era when the normal was obvious. (May be then the requirements for observation were different)

And why (or when) its bad? For the kind of lifestyles we lead today, we have to "observe" to get even the "normal" part extracted out. Sad but true.

And since the second part is our existential reality, we have to learn to observe rather than just see. And in this endeavor, I personally think, learning photography has helped me immensely.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 14:02   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post
Prologue :
Hey thanks for sharing the beautiful experience (I wouldn’t call this a travelogue). There is certain calmness to the way you have presented this. There is no overload of photos and each of those brilliant pictures you presented has a story to narrate.
Looking forward to your next write-up!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 14:32   #48
BHPian

Amazing narration RevvMusic. Loved every word of it and your photos were just mind blowing. Like many others, I had to read it with a lump in my throat as well. Well done mate to have captivated the feelings of so many people who read your travelogue.
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 14:43   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing pics RevvMusic.
Had been to the same place in Dec end last year enroute from Ranganathittu. Kokkarebelur is mentioned as a bird sanctuary. Though we were not able to find much birds there, we enjoyed the ~12 Kms drive from SH 17 to the village.
However it was harvest time and my friends i20 in which we were travelling had an 'underbody treatment' thanks to the hay collected on the road.
Old 23rd April 2014, 15:08   #50

"Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for – in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it."

Reminds me I bought a DSLR recently and haven't really done anything with it. Before I could afford it I kept ranting how I can't afford one. It is so easy to get lost in the daily rut and forget what you really like and want to do. Life passes by while you are busy making plans.

BTW Lovely T-blog. Thank you for the wake up call.
greaky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 16:18   #51
BHPian

Reading your post brought a sense of inner peace into me. The theme of the thread, the choice of words, the style of narration, the perspective of a scene, the excellent photography to back it up... man.. I am really moved. This makes us realize (once again) that we are missing out real happiness for the sake of petty things in life.

This is one of the best threads I've read in team-bhp.
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 17:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

No words to describe. Just excellent. Loved the photos along with the great underpinnings to it.
If you have some more, please post it. A real treat to eyes.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:19   #53
BHPian

It's a great travelogue that I've come across after a long time. A story put together beautifully with words and pictures weaved together perfectly.

I wish we had more people like you these days. Thanks for not just the beautiful travelogue you have put together but also the thoughts that you shared with us.

Rating the thread 5 stars just for the sheer quality of it.
saleem_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 10:11   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post
And when I came back from the drive, my mind and soul were enriched, and the consequent pictures would tell you how.
The pictures show it all. Really beautiful places, really great Photographs. I can see why your mind and soul got enriched.
HeisenBerg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 10:33   #55
BHPian

You managed to tug at the heart strings, thx. Many a time we yearn to go back to those simple roots from which we sprung.....alas the path to material success is always strewn with emotional corpses
Was a breath of fresh air
amar
maverick56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 10:59   #56
BHPian

Friends,

Our country is a land of more than 6 lakh villages and India virtually lives in it's villages.It is high time that our government bestows it's full attention to our villages for their improvement.

Thanking you,
pksnathan
Old 24th April 2014, 17:40   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoop View Post
Thanks for making me relive those evergreen memories. The picture of the little boy that asked you a pen and notebook brought tears in my eyes. Hats off!
It's my pleasure, sir. Glad that you could relate to my thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Shubho, like everyone me too amazed with the picture quality and narration. And it has struck that chord with many due to the village thing we grew up in and have very less connections left now. So rated five star for this thread

I had been to this place many a times earlier when there are storks and pelicans were around. If you don't mind, just to refresh those memories, here is one from my old books - sitting at the top of all memories just like this braveheart and in a bunch like these tamarinds
Thank you so much. And yeah, your pictures are lovely. Keep clicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
For the kind of lifestyles we lead today, we have to "observe" to get even the "normal" part extracted out. Sad but true.

And since the second part is our existential reality, we have to learn to observe rather than just see.
Very nicely put, sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
A log that was hardly 3 posts and half a page and it inspired discussions that has lasted three more pages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
This is one of the best threads I've read in team-bhp.
It's people like you all who have left their views on this thread, and your appreciation, that inspires me to keep writing, and make photographs that have immense emotional value

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
I wish we had more people like you these days.
I am moved, sir, by those words. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for such a compliment, although I don't know if I deserve it or not
Old 25th April 2014, 08:27   #58
BHPian

Photos and narration are simply mind blowing. I am a small town guy too. I always think the amount of human footprint that we leave on earth is irreversible. Nature is God only for the villagers. Your narration aptly brought that out.
Naturalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 09:10   #59
BHPian

Great narration and that was an excellent early morning reward.

Though I have crossed many villages as part of my life travels, I never cared to stop and "feel" them - I have missed many things in life

The pictures are great and actually I can "smell" the village and its green life.

Thanks and keep up the great work
Srikanthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 09:49   #60
BHPian

Revmusic:
The flock of birds photograph - I am at loss of words to describe the emotions it evoked in me.
Happiness for sure, yet there is a lump in my throat ...a feeling shared by another gentleman on the forum.
The dragonfly stands out for the sharp details. The simple and happy lifestyles....enviable!
The ethos of village life captured so vividly and brilliantly...thanks for sharing, and for creating the urge to set off on a similar journey soon.
jnpai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks