Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2014, 17:49   #1
BHPian

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd999.3.jpg
The Road near my home

It was Holiday time in entire Assam for Bihu Festival. My 9 year old kid is enjoying her vacation with her grandparents. Everyone at home was busy enjoying the cool spring days with preparations for the Bihu festivities.

Quote:
Bihu (Assamese: বিহু) denotes a set of three different cultural festivals of Assam and celebrated by the Assamese diaspora around the world. Though they owe their origins to ancient rites and practices they have taken definite urban features and have become popular festivals in urban and commercialized milieus in the recent decades. One includes the Assamese new year celebrated in April. Bihu is also used to imply Bihu dance and Bihu folk songs. The Rongali Bihu or the Bohag Bihu is an important festival of Assam. The most important festivals of Assam are the Bihus, celebrated with fun in abundance by all Assamese people irrespective of caste, creed, and belief.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bihu

So there wasn't any trips planned in the Bihu Holidays. The holidays were from 13th to 16th April and I spent a very lazy day on 13th by watching TV, sleeping and flipping some pages of an unfinished book. In other words, a very boring day passed with no frills.

So I thought to do a short trip on the next day, not by car, but this time with my motorbike, a new Discover 100M. The mission was to visit some new places, new roads which I have not visited so far and soak in the lap of nature to recharge my soul. I decided that on the next day I will ride and the ride will be a solo ride. Another cause was that the new bike had completed 470kms till that time and it will be ready for the first servicing after 500km in the odometer. So, the plan was to go for a short trip from my home by riding the bike for 2-3 hours.

Unfortunately the next day was very hot. So, I decided to start in the afternoon. I packed my camera, a bottle of water, checked the motorcycle and started my short trip. The time was about 4.00 PM and the date was 14th April, 2014. 14th April is the last day of the Assamese calendar year. So, at that time I hoped that the last evening of the Assamese year will end in a happy note.

Some fast forward moments : At the end of the trip I have visited Panbari Railway Station, a historically fascinating Railway station, beautiful Tea-Gardens in hillocks, Narrow lonely roads, a forest, crossed a river by a bamboo bridge and many more.

The story of the short trip by motorcycle begins now.

The Mileage Meter at the start of the trip. 470km done till that time. My bike was 11 days old at that time!
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd999.2.jpg

Started the trip after warming up the bike and tried to ride in a very gentle pace, no hurry at all, nothing to catch, just need to stay focused and enjoy the trip. The road was lovely at that afternoon and a gentle breeze had engulfed me already. I could not resist myself from stopping for a moment and took some pictures. This place is only 200 meters from my home and near to the mighty river Brahmaputra. I felt proud and a fortunate soul to live in a place likes this.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1000.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1001.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1002.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1003.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1005.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1007.jpg

I started the engine and rode for almost five kms. Then I took the right side road at the intersection near Pragjyotishpur Police Station and stopped for a moment near a field. The road was bit narrow and the calm atmosphere of a countryside engulfed me. This is Digaru-Chandrapur road which will lead me to the National Highway 37.
This is the Digaru-Chandrapur road
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1008.jpg

Herd of wild elephants often visit these paddy fields in the harvesting season. The Man-Elephant conflict is rampant in this place as this is a natural elephant corridor.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1009.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1010.jpg
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1011.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1012.jpg

My bike is resting near a fishery.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1014.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1015.jpg

Started again and rode for another 3 kilometers. The road has started to an incline to a hilly area. The area was having rubber plantations and I decided to click few pictures. I parked my bike near a small pond near the rubber plantations and clicked some pictures. The place looked very scenic.

Rubber plantation.
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1017.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1018.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1019.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1020.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1021.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1022.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1023.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1025.jpg

Later I stopped again at the top of the hilly road and looked back. The road had some good turns and I enjoyed the twists. My bike also responded very well in the inclined curves. The place was lonely and covered with thick vegetations. May be a leopard is watching me from the forest, a creepy feeling engulfed me. The place was not silent; some loud chirps of birds created a noisy scenario in that place. A moderate wind was also adding its own piece to the shriek of the nature. But there was no ear-splattering mechanical noises, just the echo of the natures own concert which was making the afternoon a very pleasing one.

A creepy road atop a hill.
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1026.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1028.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1029.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1030.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1031.jpg

Spotted a bird and took a picture before starting again.
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1035.jpg

Stopped near a Rocky wall
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1036.jpg

Contd./-

Last edited by jyotirupam : 3rd May 2014 at 17:02.
jyotirupam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 18:43   #2
BHPian

re: Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)

I stopped near a Rocky wall and clicked some photographs. This place was at the lower part of the hill and near a village.

The stretch was lonely and nice for the ride.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1038.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1041.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1042.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1043.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1044.jpg

The Bettlenut trees and the paddy fields can be seen in this picture.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1047.jpg

I started again and rode through a beautiful village, the road is beautiful and I felt rejuvenated to the core by this ride. I found a cricket match is going on in a barren paddy field which reminded me of my childhood days. The sight was marvelous, I watched the ‘live match’ for some moments.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1048.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1051.jpg

My next stop is seen on this photo. Just left to that small hill, there awaits a place of Historical importance.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1053.jpg

Nice roads with good curves.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1055.jpg

I stopped at Panbari Railway Station. This place has a significant historical importance in our freedom fighting movement. In 24th November, 1942 a group of freedom fighters derailed a military train of British Colonial Government. The train line has a bend in this place and that is why it was the strategic point for act of valour and courage of the freedom fighters.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1056.jpg

The Panbari Station

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1057.jpg

I am sharing a blog of Mr. Nilim Dutta which describes the forgotten event of our freedom movement. The write up on the event is like an exciting thriller which gives a detailed perspective to the incident.

Quote:
Sixty seven years ago, on 24th November 1942, a small group of eleven freedom fighters, even at the risk of certain death if caught, derailed a military train carrying troops and supplies of the British Colonial Government at Panbari near Panikhaiti Railway Station, about 30 Kms east of the city of Guwahati in the state of Assam in India’s North East. Dedicated Congress workers and staunch followers of Gandhi’s policy of non-violence, they were incited to take the path of extremism by the severe crack down of the British Colonial Government on the Quit India Movement of 1942 and widespread police excesses on non-violent protesters across Assam, particularly in the villages and towns in the Nagaon district.....

Read the entire blog here.
http://nilimdutta.blogspot.in/2009/1...reedom_24.html
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1058.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1059.jpg

Finally I got the first sight of Tea-Gardens. Looks like Darjeeling! No its Panbari, near Guwahati city. This place is only 25 kms from Guwahati City. Freshness was in the air which stated purifying me. I felt like a kid, I whistled in great joy.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1060.jpg

Tea Gardens in hills

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1061.jpg

The freshness was engulfing me to the core and I continued to ride.
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1063.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1065.jpg

The road lead to plains and the scenery at that place was breathtaking. I soaked in the fresh air and spent some time at that spot.

Let the pictures do the talking.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1066.jpg

This was the road I just came.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1067.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1069.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1070.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1072.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1073.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1074.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1075.jpg

A train was approaching and it was moving towards the Panbari station.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1076.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1077.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1078.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1079.jpg

-Contd.

Last edited by jyotirupam : 3rd May 2014 at 16:53.
jyotirupam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 15:54   #3
BHPian

re: Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)

The sight of the Train
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1080.jpg
A Brick Kiln site.
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1081.jpg

The road ahead

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1082.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1083.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1084.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1085.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1086.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1087.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1089.jpg

Started from the Brick kiln site and rode for about 30 minutes. Then I stopped near a field. This stretch of the road was straight and a light cool breeze was flowing to sooth my soul. Stopped for a moment and tried to soak in the scenery.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1090.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1093.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1094.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1097.jpg

Started again and crossed the Digaru Air-Force base. I finally reached the National Highway 37.
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1098.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1100.jpg

This was the intersection of the NH 37.
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1101.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1102.jpg

Stated again and continued in the NH 37 for some distance and then veered to the left side Road towards Pobitora. This was clicked at the Pobitora Road.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1104.jpg

Do we really need this in this place ? A cement factory. May be yes, may be no.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1105.jpg

This is the road towards Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1106.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1107.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1108.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1109.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1111.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1112.jpg

The lights were fading, so I started by the Pobitora Road. I rode non-stop for about 30 kms. The road was full of twists and tea gardens. Sorry for no pictures of this stretch.

After a long ride I stopped near a Bamboo Bridge. A new bridge was under construction so I crossed the river using that Bamboo Bridge. I cannot explain the adrenaline rush while crossing the slippery bamboo bridge as this was the first time I did such things.

A video shot at that location.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1114.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1116.jpg

This place is Pobitora Wildlife sanctuary. Normally one can spot Rhinos and other wild animals at this place. Actually I had come to this point by my car many times but did not cross the river. And today I came from the opposite side. I did not spot any wild animals at that time and rode off.

This was the last shot of the Day. My home was 25 kms from here. Finally I reached home at about 7.00. The length of the trip was 65 kms and the feeling can be described in one short word, Awesome!

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1118.jpg

This was the Trail of my Trip.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-map1.jpg

The patches of Greens in the entire map can be seen.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-map2.jpg

This is the link of the trail in the Google Map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...f8bbf5e70ec475

Thanks all.

Last edited by jyotirupam : 3rd May 2014 at 16:58.
jyotirupam is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 20:31   #4
BHPian

Nice Travelogue there Jyotirupam. The pictures reminded me of the time I spent in Assam. The natural beauty of the place is unparalleled. I travelled extensively in the Dima Hasao region which is supposed to be the only hilly region of Assam, some years back. It was known as North Cachar Hills back then and the region was strife torn with insurgency (of late I hear that the insurgents have laid down arms and have started negotiating within the ambit of the constitution.)
North East is a beautiful kaleidoscope of cultures languages and vistas. I was initially surprised to know that though they all may look similar to us, there's a great diversity in between regions, and within regions too there are diverse tribes and cultures! This great diversity of culture, language and landscape is what makes it so interesting. Though the common thread running through all of Northeast is the locals' simple take on life and their happy go lucky attitude. They are hard working, simple people with a warm smile and open hearts.

Once again - beautiful travelogue Jyotirupam

(PS : Here are two pics of Haflong, both shot from a hilltop adjacent to Jatinga (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jatinga). The Green Mountain in the distance is the Barail ridge, the highest ridge in Dima Hasao, while the other picture, of the mist covered town on the mountainside in the distance is Haflong. Both pictures were shot sometime during November 2007)

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-barail.jpg  

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-405611_341629079203195_1068161631_n.jpg  

Last edited by Ironhide : 21st April 2014 at 20:38.
Ironhide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 15:07   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post

Here are two pics of Haflong, both shot from a hilltop adjacent to Jatinga (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jatinga). The Green Mountain in the distance is the Barail ridge, the highest ridge in Dima Hasao, while the other picture, of the mist covered town on the mountainside in the distance is Haflong. Both pictures were shot sometime during November 2007)
Thanks Ironhide. Thanks for sharing the photographs. The political scenario had affected the tourism potential in the Dima Hasao Districts badly, otherwise it would have been a good revenue earner for the entire state. Nothing can beat the stunning views and cool clean natural air in the mountains of Assam which soothes the soul like anything. Thanks again.

I have visited the spot where I crossed the river by a Bamboo Bridge over a month ago.

The place is Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary. Here one can see Rhinos, wild buffalos, birds without entering the Sanctuary as I did. The road goes just brushing the sanctuary so presence of wildlife is a common thing here. I am sharing some of pictures of faunas spotted near the road in Pobitora wildlife sanctuary.

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd999.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1000.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1001.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1002.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1003.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1004.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1005.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1006.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1007.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1008.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1009.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1010.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1011.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1012.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1013.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1014.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1015.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1016.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1017.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1018.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1019.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1020.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1021.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1022.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1023.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1024.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1025.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1026.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1027.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1028.jpg

Contd/-
jyotirupam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 15:16   #6
BHPian

More pictures.
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1029.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1030.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1031.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1032.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1033.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1034.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1035.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1036.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1037.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1038.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1039.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1040.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1041.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1042.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1043.jpg

I spent about two hours in that area and the sight was marvelous. The Rhinos and buffalos are very close to the road as it can be seen in the pictures.

Thanks.
Old 26th April 2014, 21:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Missed this travelogue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyotirupam View Post
It was on 14th April, The last day of the Assamese Year. The Bihu celebrations were going on in the entire Assam.
And no pictures of dancing girls!

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 18:16   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Missed this travelogue.

And no pictures of dancing girls!

Regards,

Sutripta
Thanks Sutripa Da ! I will try to upload some pics of beautiful Bihuwoti (Dancing Girls ).

But for now I am uploading Some photos which I took on July,2013 in the same Road to Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary from Guwahati.

The Road with a green canopy

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd999.jpg

Sight of a Rainbow

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1004.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1006.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1013.jpg

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1016.jpg

Wetland near the Sanctuary

Wetlands

Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1024.jpg

A Rock inscription near Pobitora
Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)-jrd1027.jpg

Thanks again.

-Jyotirupam

Last edited by jyotirupam : 28th April 2014 at 18:34.
Old 30th April 2014, 09:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)

Was this a solo ride?
If yes, I can understand just how much fun it is to spend time with your bike & open roads.
Stop, shoot, eat, ride; everything at your own wish and will.

How about compiling an ownership report of the Discover 100M?
parrys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 12:01   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Memorable Motorcycle Trip: Panbari - Digaru - Pobitora (near Guwahati, Assam)

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to Travelogues. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks