Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2014, 09:09   #31
BHPian

Re: Goa - Of the lesser known Sojourns

Excellent pictures and nice places that you have mentioned. Surely a must visit places next time.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 09:42   #32
WYN

Thanks Dhanush... great info, great pics... and a lot of inspiration & motivation.
Just added 100% of the places you visited into my mini travels bucket list. Yeah! I have one...

Phew!!! I have never been to 50% of those places listed. And 40% of them I visited while I was a kid = "kinda don't remember anything".
Leaving me with just Old Goa Church, which we visit from time to time.

BTW, I am from Goa!! I know sounds stupid.

But I have made it a mission to see all the great places in Goa first and then venture into the rest of India This way, "Wife Happy, Kid Happy, Family Happy, Time Happy, Budget Happy, Savings Happy, Me Happy".

Cheers!!!
WYN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 10:44   #33
BHPian

Wonderful pictures Dhanush. No lifting of swords, only lifting and tying mundus. I couldnt find anything on the internet about the origins of Japanese Gardens, but surely the Japanese were not in Goa in World War 2. May be Team Bhp ians from Goa can enlighten us.
drjkonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 13:49   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
I did visit the Terekol beach and fort. But gave that a pass in the thread as it was already getting very long.
Yes, but do post that experience too if time permits. Your readers are looking forward to more treat
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 14:03   #35
BHPian

Awesome travelouge , great descriptions and even better photography. :thumbup:

I am planning a trip to Goa in the month of August, is it a good decision taking into consideration the rains will be at their most ferocious nature ?

Any suggestions from Goa BHPians??

Cheers,
Vinay
yaniv14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 15:44   #36
BHPian

The pictures are very nice, I liked the depth of field in some of your photographs. Which SLR was used to take the pictures?

Wish you have had a Ferry ride in the night from Panaji to Vasco and back to Panji on Mandovi in Santa Monica.
yogeshnaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 16:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Amazing clicks man. Just beautiful ! Goa is a drive away from Mumbai so been there quite a few times but i cant believe the amount of places iv missed out on so far. Just loved the pics.

Always wondered which are the places shown in Dil Chahta Hai and wanted to visit them. Now i know atleast one of them. Could you confirm if Cape Rama too is shown in DCH ??? The scene where the 3 friends are shown sitting at the edge of the fort staring away into the ocean and discussing life ? One of the pics you have put up from Cape Rama of someone (you?) sitting staring into the ocean is reminiscent of that famous scene from DCH. So is that the same spot ? I also remember Martin's place finding a mention in the same movie

Excellent captures man. Good stuff !
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 08:09   #38
BHPian

Goa is a part of my annual trip and I know where to go this time ! Great stuff !!

Adding my two cents, There is a great place right before fort Aguada where you have to climb down the rocks to find a pristine beach. Very hard to locate, but worth the search !
deepcdc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 11:53   #39

Hey Dhanush awesome pics dude. I am from vasco myself and all the places that you visited were part of my growing up years (especially grandma's hole beach) as I used to live in headland sada. As a former resident, thanks for bringing back old memories
maverick78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 16:54   #40
BHPian

Yet another fabulous one, really liked the lesser known places to visit, shall keep your TL as a guide. Brilliant photographs, can't mention one or two since there are too many good ones. Spent a long time relishing the beauty.
majumon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 16:56   #41

Excellent write-up and brilliant pictures Dhanush. I have got my list ready for my next visit to Goa thanks to you. It is only when you think out of the box and go out of the way that you discover such treasures. Kudos
vsundep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 18:41   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaniv14 View Post

I am planning a trip to Goa in the month of August, is it a good decision taking into consideration the rains will be at their most ferocious nature ?

Any suggestions from Goa BHPians??

Cheers,
Vinay
Vinay, as you rightly said it does rain from June till September. If you enjoy the rains then it is a super time to be in Goa. Everything is GREEN. Okay Greener than usual. It does not rain continuously all day and night during the entire monsoon period as there as some varying periods of respite from the showers. Like i said you must really enjoy the rains if you want to come in August. The beaches are ferocious so do not venture into the waters. The huge waves lashing the shore are a great sight though. The sight of those breakers should keep any right minded person at a safe distance. Attire- Good rainwear, Shorts (long pant bottoms will get wet! And it gets humid when it does not rain for a long time) Tees and you are set to go!
Do come to Goa and enjoy this great time of the year.....but please ensure you handle your litter responsibly. Cheers!
boohooper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 15:09   #43
Senior - BHPian

Great clicks there Dhanush. This time you don't have your better half to take the credits for the pics!!

Interesting places and entertaining write-up. This log is too short - take out time and include the rest also
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 18:46   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Actually Goa was liberated by a combined effort of the three services . It was called Operation Vijay (the same name was given to the Kargil Operations in 1999 to evict intruders in Kargil- Batalik - Drass and nearby areas). Here's a link... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Vijay.
Cheers !
Thanks for the info Ironhide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Thank you Dhanush for an amazing travelogue with beautiful pictures-especially those of the sunsets.
I am a malayalee myself and was amused to see the ubiquitous mundu clad malayalee in Goa.
Btw, are you aware of a T-BHP, meet at Kochi?. I am new to town and would love to meet up with fellow-Bhpians.
Thanks alphadog.
There is some meet which is always brewing up amongst Kochi Bhpians.
However, with the advent of whatsapp, the meets are mostly being planned in that forum. Drop in a message in the meets thread and someone will definitely spring up

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Excellent pictures and nice places that you have mentioned. Surely a must visit places next time.
Thanks harpreetsubhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYN View Post
Phew!!! I have never been to 50% of those places listed. And 40% of them I visited while I was a kid = "kinda don't remember anything".
Leaving me with just Old Goa Church, which we visit from time to time.

BTW, I am from Goa!! I know sounds stupid.

Cheers!!!
You being from Goa and have not seen these places came as a surprise.
You should definitely visit these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjkonline View Post
Wonderful pictures Dhanush. No lifting of swords, only lifting and tying mundus.
Thanks drjkonline.
Happy that you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Yes, but do post that experience too if time permits. Your readers are looking forward to more treat
Thanks abirnale.
I shall post the other places too soon.
Presently, time is at premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaniv14 View Post
Thanks yaniv14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
The pictures are very nice, I liked the depth of field in some of your photographs. Which SLR was used to take the pictures?
It is not a DSLR.
Its Nikon P510.

Glad that you liked the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Amazing clicks man.

Always wondered which are the places shown in Dil Chahta Hai and wanted to visit them. Now i know atleast one of them. Could you confirm if Cape Rama too is shown in DCH ???
One of the pics you have put up from Cape Rama of someone (you?) sitting staring into the ocean is reminiscent of that famous scene from DCH. So is that the same spot ? I also remember Martin's place finding a mention in the same movie
Cape Rama is not shown in DCH.
The fort in DCH is Chapora Fort, which is also mentioned in this report.

And yes, the guy staring into the ocean in the pic I put up is indeed me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcdc View Post
Goa is a part of my annual trip and I know where to go this time ! Great stuff !!
Thanks deepcdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick78 View Post
Hey Dhanush awesome pics dude. I am from vasco myself and all the places that you visited were part of my growing up years (especially grandma's hole beach) as I used to live in headland sada. As a former resident, thanks for bringing back old memories
Thanks maverick78.
I was in Vasco for around 50 days.
Just came back this morning.
Wish we had met up when I was there

Quote:
Originally Posted by majumon View Post
Yet another fabulous one, really liked the lesser known places to visit, shall keep your TL as a guide. Brilliant photographs, can't mention one or two since there are too many good ones. Spent a long time relishing the beauty.
Thanks majumon.
Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsundep View Post
Excellent write-up and brilliant pictures Dhanush. I have got my list ready for my next visit to Goa thanks to you. It is only when you think out of the box and go out of the way that you discover such treasures. Kudos
Thanks vsundep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Great clicks there Dhanush. This time you don't have your better half to take the credits for the pics!!

Interesting places and entertaining write-up. This log is too short - take out time and include the rest also
Thanks mallumowgli.
Shall try and include some more in near future.
Time is at premium now.

Please bear with me
Old 19th June 2014, 14:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

Better late than never. Pulled out time to enjoy the clicks and write up. A different perspective of Goa, loved it. Keep writing Dhanushbhai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks