Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2014, 19:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
I am a bit skeptical on achieving those mileage figures ever on my Manza.
may be , a consistent 80-100kmph cruising on a very early morning highway drive can see that happening. It would be really very interesting to catch up with you soon somewhere near Mumbai or thane. I would be keen to understand the improvements in suspensions of the club class.

Also your black club class looks FAB. I can see it being better built in terms of panel gaps etc. It really needs the alloy wheels badly.

I too was planning a trip to Goa in My Manza but somehow the plan had to shelved at the last moment.
@Madhu33 - it will be a pleasure to meet up with you sometime soon. Let's fix a time when i am doing a Bandra side visit. the alloys are in the EX Model, mine is the Vx a Model below the Ex.- Honestly i do nothing to improve mileage. I have always been surprised by my Black Beauty! I am sure you can achieve it as well. I have done Goa, Mookambika, Nashik and now Kerala and can honestly tell you that i love this babe. I drove my Uncle Hyundai i10 and honestly i got out of it as fast as i could without hurting anybody's feelings. After the my black beauty the rest seem incomplete. In a few days I will be putting up long term ownership report. Just need a bit of time to sit down on this.

Take care of your Manza babe cause she is worth every penny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Yeah well its true, not because of any problem the car is still great, but lets not discuss technicalities on Shashi's thread.

Yes, if the boot is not loaded any highway undulations above triple digit speeds does make it bouncy also it comes out of shape if taking fast corners, for me it might be because of the spacers.

@motomaverick - i know what you mean and I will be putting up my ownership report soon and will also pen down my thoughts and also the way to overcome this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Shashi Sir, thank you for this thread. I am intending to take up a trip down south (to Palakkad to be precise) during September this year and looks like the route you had taken up is the most appropriate one. Even Google Maps say so.

Surat-Pune-Satara-Kolhapur-Hubli-Tumkur-Bangalore-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Salem-Erode-Palakkad.

Leaving Bombay through Thane during the rush hours is the biggest pain!
@Gannu Sir- I do not drive at nights and my normal recommendation is that you drive till 6 -7PM max. Surat - Hubli is definitely possible and you can do this in around 14 odd hours. Early morning start at around 4 should see you reach Hubli by 6 ~ 7PM. My recommendation is pack food from home and eat on the way and take small breaks for tea or toilet breaks. The route you suggest is the fastest and best route with super roads all the way. Enjoy your drive and drive safe!
Old 18th October 2014, 06:47   #17
BHPian

The Second Road Trip to Kerala is coming up and we leave tomorrow. Will stay to the same route. Will update and post pictures once we have done the trip! The black beauty goes for her fourth service today @ nearly 30K.
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 11:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
The Second Road Trip to Kerala is coming up and we leave tomorrow. Will stay to the same route. Will update and post pictures once we have done the trip! The black beauty goes for her fourth service today @ nearly 30K.
From which check post will you be entering Kerela? Will you enter through Walayar?
Old 18th October 2014, 13:12   #19
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Leaving Bombay through Thane during the rush hours is the biggest pain!
True.
How about the Pune- Satara stretch ? I found the particular stretch the worst to drive on, both in terms of road condition and the traffic. I have done Surat/Thane- Palakkad a couple of times and hence my observation.
Old 18th October 2014, 18:55   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
True.
How about the Pune- Satara stretch ? I found the particular stretch the worst to drive on, both in terms of road condition and the traffic. I have done Surat/Thane- Palakkad a couple of times and hence my observation.
Bad. Really bad. Slows down and reduces the average speed so much. But the good part is all that can be made up as soon as we enter Karnataka. Beautiful roads throughout. We enjoyed our trip regardless.

Good luck Shashi Sir. Drive safe.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 21:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
From which check post will you be entering Kerela? Will you enter through Walayar?
Hey reached Thrissur on the 20th! Came in through Coimbatore, Palakkad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
True.
The Pune Satara stretch was ok. No major issues.

Quote:
Bad. Really bad. Slows down and reduces the average speed so much. But the good part is all that can be made up as soon as we enter Karnataka. Beautiful roads throughout. We enjoyed our trip regardless.

Good luck Shashi Sir. Drive safe.
Thanks Gannu!
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 21:52   #22
BHPian

The Second Trip to Kerala was completed today. A total of 3404 Kms drive. Will update and put details and also snaps shortly!
Old 30th October 2014, 09:38   #23
BHPian

Re: Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza - TRIP 2 Snaps

Snaps from around Tea Nest where we stayed at Coonoor on our way back.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-teanest3.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-teanest.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-teanest1.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-tesnest.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-tesnest2.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-tesnest4.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-tesnest-flowers.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-tesnest5.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-tesnest6.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-tesnest7.jpg  

Last edited by shashi63 : 30th October 2014 at 09:39.
Old 30th October 2014, 09:48   #24
BHPian

View around ooty ( the idea ads), Botanical garden plus view from the 1st hair pin point from the 36 hairpin route and also view from Bison valley point. finally the dawn captured at Hubli Gateway!

Have still got to learn how to tag each snap. Will post further details of the trip later. Mods please excuse multiple post as I have still not learnt how to tag the snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-ootyentry-idea.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-ooty-garden3.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-ooty-garden2.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-ooty-garden1.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-isthairpinview.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-1sthairpinview.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-1stof36hairpin.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-bisobvalley2.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-bisonvalley.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-bisonvalley1.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-bisonvalleyview.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-cat-erin-villa.jpg  

Mumbai to Kerala in a Manza-gatewayhubli.jpg  

Old 30th October 2014, 10:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

super, another 3500 kms drive on the highway steed, great going but at the same time envy you By the way hows the rates in Coonoor stay?
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 19:03   #26
BHPian

Details as below

Left Mumbai on the 19th Morning at 4:15AM.

Reached Bangalore at 9:00PM. Stay at Davanam Sarovar Portico

Left Bangalore on the 20th at 10:30AM

Reached Thrissur at around 8:00PM. Stay at Relatives place.

Left for Ernakulam on the 23rd and stayed at BTH.

Left Ernakulam on the 26th Morning 8:00AM for Coonoor.

Left Coonoor on the 28th at 8:30AM and reached Hubli Gateway Hotel at 8:00PM.

Left Hubli on the 29th at 10AM and reached Thane back at 8:00PM.

Now the only difference between the last trip and this one was that this one was a more relaxed outting in terms of the stops and time per stop we took on way and really gunned the Black beauty on the highway with consistent speeds of 140KMH.

The Club Class Manza is a class apart and a joy to drive on such long drives. The only place we lost time on road was on the ghats from coimbatore to coonoor where due to the holiday return rush it took us over 2 hours to negotiate the ghats. All the way it was 1st and 2nd gear no chance of even getting into 3rd and yet the Black beauty was frugal in fuel consumption to say the least with AC on full time.

Given below is fuel consumption chart

Meter Reading Diesel Filled Amount Average Remarks
29932 Start Reading
30007 29.02 1800.11 Full Tank
30384 18.86 1145.18 19.99 Full Tank
30996 33.45 2028 18.30 Full Tank
31748 33.3 1950 22.58 Full Tank
32116 24.68 1492.4 14.91 Full Tank
32729 33.75 2036 18.16 Full Tank
33261 26.6 1650 20.00 Full Tank
33336 End Reading

Stay details

Bangalore - Davanam Sarovar Portico - Rs.8650/- including dinner and bar bill.

Ernakulam - BTH from the 23rd to 26th - 10,972 + 2750 for food

Coonoor Tea Nest from the 26th to the 28th - Rs 3900+Rs 3600+Rs 1150 = Rs 8650 + rs.1350 for food.

Hubli - Taj Gateway - Rs. 7500/- including dinner.

Should anyone require any further details i will be happy to provide.

Finally very very content with the Black Beauty! What a car!

Plan to change this to my Manza travels instead of just Kerala!

Cheers!

God Bless! Stay Safe!
Old 28th December 2014, 18:53   #27
BHPian

I have decided to convert this thread to my travel thread.

On the 25th morning at 4 AM we took off for Solapur. Ultimate destination and reason being, to seek the blessings of Vithoba at Pandarpur.

On way saw a bunch of vehicles bearing the HVK Stickers at Tembhurni. I presume they were on the way to Andhra. I heard that they are having the annual meet some place in Andhra. I did notice a guy who was driving a Duster stare long and hard at me possibly because the T-BHP stickers on my car.

Reached Solapur at around 12:30 Noon. Checked into Balaji Sarovar Premiere, had lunch and then around 4 left for Pandarpur. The Road towards Pandarpur once you take the left from the highway is not exactly smooth and can be a problem for cars which don't have a great suspension. The Manza handles such roads with so much elan that i was doing a constant 80 on these roads. A Dzire and Vento which were trying to play catch up gave up the Ghost after probably a few kilometers. Knowing the Vento i, think the people inside specially in the rear seat must have given the driver hell with all the wobble.

Fantastic darshan and then back to the Hotel by 2230 hours.

Lazed around on the 26th and returned on the 27th. Left Solapur at Noon and reached home at 2100hours.

Details

Start Reading - 35813
End Reading - 36828

Did not really check for FE simply because i know my Manza gives me awesome mileage but for the record I filled up at the HP pump after the Expressway Toll of Khalapur. Fuel gauge was a bit below quarter.

Tank Full - 30.04 Litres @ Rs.1699.98 ( Paid Rs.1700/-) Meter Reading - 35888

On Return once you hit the highway from town - Fuel tank was just a bit below half way mark.

Tank Full - 22.54 Litres @ Rs.1279.10 (Paid Rs.1280/-) - Meter Reading - 36441

Reached Home and the fuel Gauge was just a bit above the half way mark.

MID showed 23.4Kms and I would think from past experience it must have been around 24 odd I got.

So effectively I spent Rs.2.95 per kilometer Total drive of 1015 Kilometers. Actually that is not factual as i did not top up on return but I would guess it was far below this figure.

As usual my Manza was simply superb.

Saw a quite a few Zest Vehicles on road and one at Solapur parked at the Hotel. Most being the Dune Biege Colour.

At the end loved this trip for the fantastic darshan and for having got his permission to visit him just before the year end and could thank the lord and touch his feet, ask him to forgive me for all my trespasses and also seek his blessings for the year ahead!

All the very best to all my BHP co-members and may the cheer of the season bring happiness, peace, joy, wealth and good health to all through every single day of 2015!

God Bless!

Drive Safe!

Stay Safe!
Old 28th December 2014, 18:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
super, another 3500 kms drive on the highway steed, great going but at the same time envy you By the way hows the rates in Coonoor stay?

Hey Motomaverick,

Just did another 1000 kms drive in the Black Beauty!

I just can't get over this babe!

Have now converted my Kerala travelogue thread into my travel thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks