Team-BHP - Weekend trip-Blore-Ooty-Mysore-GaganChukkiFalls-Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Weekend trip-Blore-Ooty-Mysore-GaganChukkiFalls-Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/15465-weekend-trip-blore-ooty-mysore-gaganchukkifalls-bangalore.html)

Vechile: My Fiat Petra 1.6
Driver : myself
Passengers: My Wife, Son & Parent-Inlaws
Decided for this trip just 12 hrs before leaving ie.. Friday Evening. Initially thought of 3 days 2 nights days
trip but came back only in 2 days 1 night.
Started from home(BannerGhatta Road) on Saturday Morning 6am, Reached Mysore-Ooty Junction at around 8.20am.
took another 2 hrs to cross Bandipur and reach foothills of Nilgiris. Started climbing the ghats and it took
another 1.15 hr to reach Ooty Petrol Bunk. the best part of this drive was driving through those 36 hairpin
bends.
Checked in to hotel at 11:45am.
After having a rest for 1.30 hrs, went out for lunch In ooty main Market and finally headed for the lake.
Over all I found Ooty avery ordinary place w.r.t the hype it had for all these years.
Decided to cut off the trip from 2 night stay to 1 night stay and very next morning headed back to Mysore.
Had just 4 hrs to see Mysore so planned only to see Mysore Zoo and Palace.
Started for Gaganchukki falls, Took a diversion towards Mallavli and reached Falls at 4.00pm .. Stayed there
for 1 hr. Weather was good and there was not much rush as compared to last time so relaxed for some time and
headed back to Bangalore. After looking at the road quality towards Kanakpura, Decided to go back to Mysore
Highway and reached back home at 8.30 pm.
Here are some pics from my trip.
Some Dears grazing on the way to ooty (Bandipur Forests)

Foothills of Nilgiris- Near Bandipur Forests

Ooty Lake

Modded Jeep (saw it in Ooty)

Mysore zoo

Mysore Zoo (Only Gorilla in India)

Gaganchukki Falls(23rd July 2006)

Enjoy
GD

I did the same trip from Chennai on seeing the pic of the falls from your previous report :)

Did you skipped Dotabetta in Ooty?

imaginw what these things do when they suddenly appear in the middle of the road and you are going a good 75MPH

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe
imaginw what these things do when they suddenly appear in the middle of the road and you are going a good 75MPH

First of all the speed limits in Bandipur Pass is 30kmph.
moreover the road is bad so you cannot go beyond 40-50kmph.
and there are boards every Km reminding people that Animals can cross the roads.

But you are right because I have seen dead animals( Dogs and Cows) on Highways and condition of cars being hit by these animals.
I was very cautious while driving there because I was some sign board saying Elephent Crossing Area :)
Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatDrive
First of all the speed limits in Bandipur Pass is 30kmph.
moreover the road is bad so you cannot go beyond 40-50kmph.
and there are boards every Km reminding people that Animals can cross the roads.

But you are right because I have seen dead animals( Dogs and Cows) on Highways and condition of cars being hit by these animals.
I was very cautious while driving there because I was some sign board saying Elephent Crossing Area :)
Cheers

i am talking abt the US ,,,, and these things kill people

greatdrive Some real wonderful pictures you have posted out there & the modded jeep surely looks like a Classic.

greatdrive,
Dude, Ooty is no ordinary place if you choose the right season, and right places. Unfortunately, wherever there are tourists it is an ordinary place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRC
greatdrive,
Dude, Ooty is no ordinary place if you choose the right season, and right places. Unfortunately, wherever there are tourists it is an ordinary place.

Probably I got intimidated from movies where ooty looks beautiful, but actually it doesn't look that beautiful. Roads are bad, But thats expected in monsoon.
Because It could not fulfill my expectations, I was not satisfied.

I did this trip last year same time... The roads were good.

Also I avoided lake and the garden. I enjoyed the pure joy of driving in the hills, took Gudalur route to go and Kalhatti route to come back. Both roads were excellent! Best to do is go to coonoor. Its better there.