Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2014, 20:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Road Trip : Bangalore - Kodaikanal

Lipaul, please bear with me intruding here
Picture nos 8481 8474 8473 and 8480 are of Christ the King Church.
St.Peters Church is the one atop at the end of Coaker's Walk.
Thanks once more for the pics, I enjoyed it.
Ddrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 11:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipaul View Post
We did this trip in the last week of August 2014. The route taken was Blore -> Salem -> Dindigul -> Batlagundu -> Kodaikanal. The distance is around 450 KMs and we took close to 9 hours to cover it.
One can also reach Kodai by driving via palani. May be you should try this route next time. BTW Excellent snaps and travelogue.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 13:12   #18
BHPian

Kodai is a beautiful place. Did 2 road trips from Bangalore some years ago.(both in January). The drive till Bathalagundu is excellent with great TN roads. Thereon the ascent starts and I still remember we were noticing the night temperature fall with every few kms.It was finally 5 degrees at 1 AM when we reached Kodai.

Excellent pictures of the trip. I am sure the trek to Dolphin's nose would have been a pleasant one. Worth the effort.
Sleeplessdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 12:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Wow, @lipaul detailed, excellent travelogue and superb pictures. You've covered a lot of places! Thanks for sharing
Did you cover only Kodaikanal on this trip ?
Thanks NPV! I only did Kodaikanal on this trip. I also wanted to cover Madurai Meenakshi Temple but did not attempt due to lack of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrive View Post
Lipaul, please bear with me intruding here
Picture nos 8481 8474 8473 and 8480 are of Christ the King Church.
St.Peters Church is the one atop at the end of Coaker's Walk.
Thanks once more for the pics, I enjoyed it.
You are welcome Ddrive! This church is adjacent to the entrance of Coaker's Walk but I could be wrong with the name

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
One can also reach Kodai by driving via palani. May be you should try this route next time. BTW Excellent snaps and travelogue.
Thanks suresh_gs. I have done the Palani route a couple of times but, those were when I started from Pollachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeplessdriver View Post
Kodai is a beautiful place. Did 2 road trips from Bangalore some years ago.(both in January). The drive till Bathalagundu is excellent with great TN roads. Thereon the ascent starts and I still remember we were noticing the night temperature fall with every few kms.It was finally 5 degrees at 1 AM when we reached Kodai.

Excellent pictures of the trip. I am sure the trek to Dolphin's nose would have been a pleasant one. Worth the effort.
Thanks Sleeplessdriver! The trek to Dolphin's Nose was fun. I could only image how the view would be on a clear day.
Old 18th September 2014, 14:24   #20
BHPian

Very nicely compiled. Your camera seems to have pretty good zoom power
sumitgovil2311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 22:32   #21
BHPian

Hi Lipaul - A good travelogue. I like the way you have planned visiting the places around Kodaikanal. As Suresh_gs suggested, the Palani route is also good and saves time and distance overall. Good pictures too.
sunsivj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 01:08   #22
BHPian

Hi. It was quite intresting to read your Kodai travellogues.
Could you elaborate a little more about the parking facility for cars in the resort? I could not see parking facility in the pics you have posted.
Thanks
srinivaspai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 12:15   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivaspai View Post
Hi. It was quite intresting to read your Kodai travellogues.
Could you elaborate a little more about the parking facility for cars in the resort? I could not see parking facility in the pics you have posted.
Thanks
Hello,

There was no covered parking available there when we visited. It is definitely not on the road but very much beside it and we had no parking issues during our stay there.
lipaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 22:28   #24
BHPian

Great pics. Hope to have a similar experience when I am traveling this April
srinih75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 15:15   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
Great pics. Hope to have a similar experience when I am traveling this April
April would be crowded and not as green. Nevertheless, I hope that you make the trip, have fun and share with us how it went.
Old 15th May 2016, 15:42   #26
BHPian

The trip was awesome. Went to the points described in this thread and it was as gorgeous as described. Will upload photos from the website as I didn't see an option on this app.
Old 10th November 2016, 09:26   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome travelogue.

I was curious to know if this trip would be doable for one night stay? Let's say I only have Saturday and Sunday - happy to leave early AM Saturday from Bangalore and Ok to reach late night Sunday. What constitutes the list of MUST DO/ SEE ?

This wont be the last trip to Kodaikanal anyway, so happy to do do only couple of places and enjoy the trip I am sure a lot must have changed in last two years after this log and hence any suggestions about places to stay would be nice too.
Old 10th November 2016, 10:02   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Awesome travelogue.

I was curious to know if this trip would be doable for one night stay? Let's say I only have Saturday and Sunday - happy to leave early AM Saturday from Bangalore and Ok to reach late night Sunday. What constitutes the list of MUST DO/ SEE ?

This wont be the last trip to Kodaikanal anyway, so happy to do do only couple of places and enjoy the trip I am sure a lot must have changed in last two years after this log and hence any suggestions about places to stay would be nice too.
1N/2D trip to Kodaikanal from Bangalore will be more of a drive trip, and going around for site seeing will be very hectic. I did something similar but from Kanyakumari/Nagercoil,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3883872

Your trips have drastically increased after moving to Orange Cheetah.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 10:07   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
1N/2D trip to Kodaikanal from Bangalore will be more of a drive trip, and going around for site seeing will be very hectic.
Thanks Arun.

Monday - Friday are school and work restrictions. So as a family we can only do it on weekend. Moreover this is one trip my wife is very particular that we take this month itself. I am booking Villa Retreat near Kodai Lake. If we get one other worth seeing sight for next day, we should be good. More the reasons to go back to the place again

Cheetah is happy munching miles. It gets very boring and frustrating to stay within the 6 km radius of the home for both of us throughout the month
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 11:19   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Thanks Arun.

Monday - Friday are school and work restrictions. So as a family we can only do it on weekend. Moreover this is one trip my wife is very particular that we take this month itself. I am booking Villa Retreat near Kodai Lake.
We stayed in Villa Retreat only, it is just next to coakers walk. So, you can visit this place and lake on the first day.

Second day you can go to pillar rocks and a quick drive around this place.

Quote:
If we get one other worth seeing sight for next day, we should be good. More the reasons to go back to the place again
Like you, we went to kodaikanal with the same mindset as well.

Quote:

Cheetah is happy munching miles. It gets very boring and frustrating to stay within the 6 km radius of the home for both of us throughout the month
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks