Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2014, 19:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Storme'd : Sakrebailu

Quote:
OT: May i ask which profile tyres and Alloys bhp-ian VK is using in his Storme LX?
VK is not a member here but does know many of us, his Storme has Continental Cross Contacts of OE specifications mounted on some amazing alloys (not a known brand) again of OE Specifications.
Old 15th September 2014, 13:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
his Storme has Continental Cross Contacts of OE specifications mounted on some amazing alloys (not a known brand) again of OE Specifications.
. In the first 2 photos where the rear of his LX and Laluks' VX is shown, VK's tyres do seem to protrude a bit and that gives the Storme a great stance. That's the reason i asked.

I normally hate the wheels protruding too much, but his looks awesome.
Old 15th September 2014, 20:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

OE spec. alloys will not allow the tires to protrude outwards. The owner must have chosen a design with +ve offset to allow for the butch look.

Quote:
VK is not a member here but does know many of us, his Storme has Continental Cross Contacts of OE specifications mounted on some amazing alloys (not a known brand) again of OE Specifications.
Old 15th September 2014, 22:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
OE spec. alloys will not allow the tires to protrude outwards. The owner must have chosen a design with +ve offset to allow for the butch look.

I agree with the +ve offset part, but even when those tyres were fitted on the steel rims as soon as the car was purchased, they were protruding outward, I've measured the tyre sizes as I have both Conti Cross Contacts as well as Michelin Latitude Cross on my Safari and Storme respectively, the Cross Contacts do tend to protrude on the Storme but not on the Safari. It may be due to the shoulder design, the alloys were bought and fitted much later on VK's Storme and we ensured that they were OE spec as we did not want any voiding of warranty.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 11:03   #35
BHPian

Laluks, Lukey & Team Safari

I loved your travelogue for Photography. You gave good amount of focus on the cars, which is the prime attraction at TEAM-BHP. The Cars with clouds in background looked superb. Also the Elephants looked good.

Is the camp open through out the year ?
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 00:04   #36
BHPian

A trip of 5 mighty elephants!!!

Amazing pictures as always Lalu sir...

Happy Driving,
Vinay
yaniv14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 11:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the camp open through out the year ?
Yes, the Elephant camp is open throughout the year.
Old 20th September 2014, 21:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Great pics Lalu. Nice to see the whole gang having good time! Yes, Sakrebailu is good to visit as part of day trip from Tirthahalli covering Mandagadde, Gajanur and also the Tiger/Lion safari in Tyavarekoppa on Shimoga - Sagar road. This year, the place was all flooded. If you go in winter/summer, there is a chance for kids to bath the elephants!
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 12:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
his Storme has Continental Cross Contacts of OE specifications
@Luke: You have Michelin Latitude and VK has Conti CC. Can you help me with your opinion on both in contrast to the OE tyres which Stormes come with?

I have booked and EX and still deciding whether to upgrade (better tyres, not size) or not. I am looking at comfort, less tyre noise and better dry grip. I will use my truck mostly in city and monthly highway drives. Very minimal dirt roads (villages/broken roads). No offroading. Your comments are welcome.
Old 15th November 2014, 13:11   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
@Luke: You have Michelin Latitude and VK has Conti CC. Can you help me with your opinion on both in contrast to the OE tyres which Stormes come with?

I have booked and EX and still deciding whether to upgrade (better tyres, not size) or not. I am looking at comfort, less tyre noise and better dry grip. I will use my truck mostly in city and monthly highway drives. Very minimal dirt roads (villages/broken roads). No offroading. Your comments are welcome.

I'd suggest the Michelins over the Contis, they offer superior grip, low noise and very good comfort. I have the Continental Cross Contacts on my Safari, but in terms of grip under wet conditions and on highways, I feel the Michelins are way better. The continentals are more rugged and better suited for bad roads.
Old 15th November 2014, 22:32   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I'd suggest the Michelins over the Contis, they offer superior grip, low noise and very good comfort. I have the Continental Cross Contacts on my Safari, but in terms of grip under wet conditions and on highways, I feel the Michelins are way better. The continentals are more rugged and better suited for bad roads.
Thanks Luke. I hope the soft sidewalls issue for Michelins should not be a problem in tackling the usual city road pot-holes.
Old 15th November 2014, 23:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Luke. I hope the soft sidewalls issue for Michelins should not be a problem in tackling the usual city road pot-holes.

The AT tyres have pretty strong sidewalls, moreover just today I got to know that Michelin LTX AT2 are back in the market, if you can get these then they are amongst the best tyres, I had them on my Safari and I changed them at some 75k Kms and were good for another 5-8k and I've used them on OTRs and they performed extremely well.
Old 16th November 2014, 11:46   #43
BHPian

Quote:
The AT tyres have pretty strong sidewalls, moreover just today I got to know that Michelin LTX AT2 are back in the market, if you can get these then they are amongst the best tyres, I had them on my Safari and I changed them at some 75k Kms and were good for another 5-8k and I've used them on OTRs and they performed extremely well.
Thanks Luke. I will pay a visit to TyreStore Greams Road, Chennai and have a quick chat. Any idea on how much (ballpark) should i expect as buy-back price for the BS Duelers that Storme comes shod with?

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 16th November 2014 at 11:47.
Old 16th November 2014, 18:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Luke. I will pay a visit to TyreStore Greams Road, Chennai and have a quick chat. Any idea on how much (ballpark) should i expect as buy-back price for the BS Duelers that Storme comes shod with?
Here in Bangalore I've been offered 6k per Bridgestone as buyback and 10k for 4 Michelins after exchange. This was just yesterday for a friend who's taking delivery of the Storme next week.
Old 17th November 2014, 17:47   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Here in Bangalore I've been offered 6k per Bridgestone as buyback and 10k for 4 Michelins after exchange. This was just yesterday for a friend who's taking delivery of the Storme next week.
I was quoted a measly 4500 buy back for the BS and asked 9000 for each Michelin LTX A/T. This was TyreStore Greams Road. This is in stark contrast to Bangalore rates which i believe might be higher.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks