Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2015, 01:49   #76
BHPian

Re: Ka gets Leh'd and beyond - On a KTM Duke 390

Thanks Added_flavor.

Can you tell what might be the round about accommodation cost per night at Leh and nearby places (like nubra, pangong, etc)
Old 26th May 2015, 14:07   #77

Hi Uday Sir,

I am doing Leh again this year and will cover Spiti as well. I will be doing it in KTM 390 this time around. I want to get the custom fuel carrier made for the bike. Could you please provide me the contact who can make a carrier similar to yours.

Regards,
Rakshit

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th May 2015 at 14:26. Reason: Removed contact number and email = could be misused. Please do not post your contact details openly on the forum! Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 17:39   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshitgs View Post
Hi Uday Sir,

I am doing Leh again this year and will cover Spiti as well. I will be doing it in KTM 390 this time around. I want to get the custom fuel carrier made for the bike. Could you please provide me the contact who can make a carrier similar to yours.

Regards,
Rakshit
Hello Rakshit,

As I said earlier, it was done by one of the supplier out of pure goodwill and is one off fabrication. He is not interested in cloning this. I had approached him as another good friend of mine was also interested in getting multiple pieces. But I could not convince him. I would have lent mine but it is already been sought after by fellow rider from the KTM community. Let me know when you are planning to go and I will try to check if it is possible to lend mine.

And please call me by my name, no prefix or suffixes. Sir is not the way here, we are all commodores.

Last edited by unk9ja : 26th May 2015 at 17:40. Reason: Added another line
Old 26th May 2015, 17:53   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnautss View Post
Hello BHPians,
I want your views on the following:

I am planning a trip to Leh this season. Though I would prefer a bullet, but the fact is that I don't have one. And I can't afford to shell out Rs.15K for just RENTING a bike.

SO, what I am left with is my PULSAR 200NS.

Will it handle the tough requirements of the terrain and the environment? (Many of you have been there before and might be able to visualize the scenario on Pulsar200NS).

I have had 2 trips of 1500km each (to and fro) before and the performance was good(no breakdowns or discomfort) but I am NOT sure if the bike will be able to handle Leh and beyond.

Please Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnautss View Post
Thanks Added_flavor.

Can you tell what might be the round about accommodation cost per night at Leh and nearby places (like nubra, pangong, etc)
Mods: Please excuse me for the back to back post. Saw this after my reply to Rakshit.

Mnautss: It is the rider and not the ride that matters. If you have confidence of doing it, you can do it on a HH CD too. Pulsar NS is no way inferior to the Bull or the other way. It is one of the best you can ride on. As added_flavour has pointed, just make sure the ride is in perfect condition. Check the condition of tires as they are the one make you to stick to the road. Keep a few essential spares (Do not overcook too, or you will land up with a heavy bike). Carry tools which you know to use. Travel light as possible. You can probably do the Jammu to Manali in a couple of tees with the riding essemtials. Carry a warm jacket just in case the temperature drops during the night.

If you can get a Carry Ladakh with you package from HVK forum, there is nothing like it. You need not worry about the accommodation. Link here.

https://www.facebook.com/events/583862264973360/

Just go through it. You will find answers to your requirements. Highly recommend this to anyone traveling. Clean neat accommodations with secure parking assured.
Old 26th May 2015, 17:54   #80

Hi Uday Sir,

I can understand that it was out of goodwill.
If its OK can you provide me some stand alone pictures of the carrier. So that I can get it fabricated some where else.

I could use this as a base design and come up with something for myself. And get it fabricated, since the design is tried and tested.

If you could send the images to my mail id rakshit.sathyanarayana@gmail.com it would be really helpful.

Cheers,
Rakshit
Old 26th May 2015, 21:24   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you could send the images to my mail id

Cheers,
Rakshit
Sure thing. I have the drawing in my pc. Need to dig it out. Can you bear till tomorrow, I will send it across with the pictures.
Old 18th April 2016, 16:31   #82
BHPian

query - how do i get in touch with HVK sir i.e. to validate my planned itinerary? Tried one link you had mentioned, but its not opening.

Also wanted to clarify what all does stuff (route, stay, guidance, etc.) HVK help with?

Regards
Ronald

Quote:
Hi Uday Sir,

I can understand that it was out of goodwill.
If its OK can you provide me some stand alone pictures of the carrier. So that I can get it fabricated some where else.

I could use this as a base design and come up with something for myself. And get it fabricated, since the design is tried and tested.

If you could send the images to my mail id rakshit.sathyanarayana@gmail.com it would be really helpful.

Cheers,
Rakshit
Slightly offtopic, but while researching on the same topic i came across the option of fuel bladders which another duke rider had used during his ride to leh. Check out the option as well.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th April 2016 at 17:50. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT function within 30 minutes of posting.
Old 19th April 2016, 17:29   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
query - how do i get in touch with HVK sir i.e. to validate my planned itinerary? Tried one link you had mentioned, but its not opening.

Also wanted to clarify what all does stuff (route, stay, guidance, etc.) HVK help with?

Regards
Ronald
You can drop a mail to him on hvkumar@gmail.com or WA message on +919821045167.

He will get back to you once he checks this out. Last info was he was busy traveling in RJ for a fortnight and would reply mails/ messages with a slight delay.

Primarily you need to subscribe to the Ladakh package and from then onwards you can take it forward with a mail or your rough travel plan. Based on your requirements, he will suggest you alternatives and you can freeze upon your final plan. A detailed travel plan will be shared with you with the route and all important information like filling stations, hotels, major landmarks and distances from the start point.

Well the travel stuff works like this. You need to send him your locations through WA only at regular intervals on a given day. Around 1500hrs, you will know how much you can push yourself for the rest of the day. And he will arrange or ask you to check in at certain CHD stays. You will receive a message with all the particulars, like address, tariff and contact person.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 01:39   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Sure thing. I have the drawing in my pc. Need to dig it out. Can you bear till tomorrow, I will send it across with the pictures.
Hi Uday - From which Shell store did you source these safety cans? I inquired the 2 stores near Mysore Road BHEL (I stay opposite to BHEL) and they don't seem to have stocks anymore. I got the manufacturer number but he is looking at a bulk order
Old 18th January 2017, 16:34   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd8732 View Post
Hi Uday - From which Shell store did you source these safety cans? I inquired the 2 stores near Mysore Road BHEL (I stay opposite to BHEL) and they don't seem to have stocks anymore. I got the manufacturer number but he is looking at a bulk order
I got this from the Bull temple road Shell. Looks like they have discontinued this now. I don't see these on their shelves anymore after retailing of petrol in cans was banned. They used to retail petrol in these in 1L, 2L and 5L on loan basis and that is how they stocked them.

If you are in need of one or two 5 liter ones, I can loan mine for your drive. I still have them with me.
Old 18th January 2017, 18:27   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
I got this from the Bull temple road Shell. Looks like they have discontinued this now. I don't see these on their shelves anymore after retailing of petrol in cans was banned. They used to retail petrol in these in 1L, 2L and 5L on loan basis and that is how they stocked them.

If you are in need of one or two 5 liter ones, I can loan mine for your drive. I still have them with me.

Thanks Uday. Very kind of you

The problem is, I need to fabricate the can holder for RX (5 Speed) from the scratch. I am sure that my fabricator will mess around the cans. A dent or a scratch on the metal is equal to a dent on the heart is what I believe.

Let me see if I can ask the fabricator to make a cardboard template out of your cans and possibly I can ask couple of other friends who might want to buy these cans. I will contact the manufacturer and order.

Just in case, I might need your help to get the can measurement.
Old 19th January 2017, 17:13   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd8732 View Post
Just in case, I might need your help to get the can measurement.
Anytime, when you need it. We can have a mini meet. I live in Girinagar and is very close by to yours. Just message me a day in advance @ kumblauday@gmail.com.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks