Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2018, 11:07   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Brisbane Chronicles EDIT : Team-BHP Meet/Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Thanks Ben/Kiku for a quick response.

I have 2008 Subaru forester X MY09 which has done just 80000 kms and drives fine except I find that the brakes are heating a bit too much (No warning or any errors displayed on the console ).

regards,
DF
Hey DF,

Last week I visited a place called Subie Evolution in Brendale. It was recommended by an ex-Subie owner. I couldn't get an appointment soon enough at Newstead Suburu so I had to go there.

The owner Russ was good to talk to. They couldn't troubleshoot the issue in my car. He was honest enough to ask me to check with the dealer since it'll be covered in warranty.
Old 20th February 2019, 15:53   #47
Team-BHP Support

Sunflower season

The Brisbane Chronicles EDIT : Team-BHP Meet/Drive-paj.jpeg

Saw a post on Instagram about sunflower season in bloom, about 200 odd kms from home. Certain other commitments kept me from making a plan to visit these right away. However, it sat there on the backburner and one weekend we decided to execute the plan.

A quick call to the Toowoomba information center, and we were asked to present ourselves to the information center when we reach Toowoomba where they would provide us with a leaflet giving details of where the farms were located. We were told that these are private farms, so take care not to destroy any of the crops, which are a source of livelihood for the owners. In addition, some of these farms are beside highways, so care is to be taken when stopping at these places.

We reached the Toowoomba information center, passing through some lovely countryside views, and collected the details of the farms. Got to know that the crops are reaching the end of their bloom cycle, so we may not see them in all their splendour. Based on the info on the leaflet, we made our way to Allora which is another 45-50 kms from Toowoomba.

The Brisbane Chronicles EDIT : Team-BHP Meet/Drive-img_7542.jpg

Was a but difficult to spot the exact place as the info only mentioned something in terms of the highway, not exact co=ordinates. So, the farm could be located anywhere along the stretch of the highway.

Anyway, some searching later we managed to find 2 farms, and got to savor in the views. As informed, the flowers were almost at the end of their lifecycle, so the view wasn't as grand as I had seen on Instagram. Nevertheless, it made for a good trip, and some good snaps.

The Brisbane Chronicles EDIT : Team-BHP Meet/Drive-img_7569.jpg

The Brisbane Chronicles EDIT : Team-BHP Meet/Drive-img_7573.jpg

The Brisbane Chronicles EDIT : Team-BHP Meet/Drive-img_7580.jpg

The Brisbane Chronicles EDIT : Team-BHP Meet/Drive-img_7582.jpg

The Brisbane Chronicles EDIT : Team-BHP Meet/Drive-sunflower.jpeg
benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 19:09   #48
BHPian

Few years back I used to live in Runcorn, but at that time I was not active on the website and neither I was aware that there were bhpians in Brisbane as well. Anyways, I believe that Brisbane and Gold coast are just beautiful, I still remember the first time I drove on Coronation drive (I still get goosebumps just think about it).
Please do share how the suburbs have changed in the past 3-4 years.
Old 16th February 2021, 12:17   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuj 6227 View Post
Few years back I used to live in Runcorn, but at that time I was not active on the website and neither I was aware that there were bhpians in Brisbane as well. Anyways, I believe that Brisbane and Gold coast are just beautiful, I still remember the first time I drove on Coronation drive (I still get goosebumps just think about it).
Please do share how the suburbs have changed in the past 3-4 years.
Not sure how I missed this post for what's been close to a year ago now!
I'll have a look to see if I have any pics from the area and post. The skyline on the north quay has changed with more fancy highrises that have come up. A new mass transportation system called the Cross Rover Rail has meant more changes to the area, and hence a lot of construction activity that's ongoing.
Old 3rd March 2024, 17:03   #50
BHPian

I'm in Brisbane till March end for a work trip. Apart from the beaches, any worthwhile places to explore? Been to Melbourne, Sydney & Gold Coast earlier so ain't interested in visiting these cities.
Old 6th March 2024, 07:59   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ05 View Post
I'm in Brisbane till March end for a work trip. Apart from the beaches, any worthwhile places to explore? Been to Melbourne, Sydney & Gold Coast earlier so ain't interested in visiting these cities.
If you are into nature walks and related attractions, there is the Botanic Gardens and Roma Street Parklands near the city. Koala Sanctuary and Australia Zoo (of Steve Irwin fame) come to mind if those interest you.

If you're just looking for a good drive, a drive to Wivenhoe Dam and surrounds would be good. You could also explore Beerwah and the Glasshouse Mountains region.

You could also drive up to Sunshine Coast for a vibe different to the Gold Coast, as much as it's a beach-centric place. Sunshine Coast hinterlands region is appealing as well, places like Maleny come to mind, which are away from the beaches but have a relaxed vibe and worth a drive.

Most Viewed