Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2014, 12:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Mumbai to Mysore, Coorg & Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Oh I didnt know that they do not allow children below 12, but strange rule is it to protect the children or the property. I guess I will have to wait for another 10 years to visit this resort
The reason they mention is that the terrain is hilly. I believe that the clientele visiting the property want complete peace to unwind & therefore they are selective.

Two great places in the same luxury bracket (with kids) is Orange County & Taj Madikeri.
Old 28th October 2014, 13:38   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post

Ever since our last driving holiday to Rajasthan in Dec 2013, I had been wanting to go down south for our next driving holiday. Two options that immediately came to mind were Puducheri & Coorg. Since we had been to Puducheri we decided to travel to Coorg & Bangalore.

An excellent, well written travelogue. I am amazed that someone from as far away as Mumbai drove down to Coorg. Not sure how frequently this happens. Also, good to know that you drove on an SH which is rarely used by people from Bangalore. I was not aware of this road at all.

Tagging your photos with a brief description was very sensible, as it elevated the pleasure of reading the travelogue. I will follow this practice from now on.

Thanks for the information on Tamara. Guess I may not visit these properties as I have been spoiled by the (kind of) zero costs of Club Mahindra.
bsdbsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 13:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
An excellent, well written travelogue. I am amazed that someone from as far away as Mumbai drove down to Coorg. Not sure how frequently this happens. Also, good to know that you drove on an SH which is rarely used by people from Bangalore. I was not aware of this road at all.

Tagging your photos with a brief description was very sensible, as it elevated the pleasure of reading the travelogue. I will follow this practice from now on.

Thanks for the information on Tamara. Guess I may not visit these properties as I have been spoiled by the (kind of) zero costs of Club Mahindra.
Thanks for your kind words. Our fellow BHPians drive great distances - evident from the travelogues written by so many people.

I took this route after reading a lot of information from the Team BHP website where the latest road conditions were available. Other option was to drive to Bangalore and then to Coorg via Mysore on National Highways.

I missed out tagging some of the photos, which I realised after uploading them.

The Club Mahindra has a new property not far from The Tamara. We too are members of Club Mahindra and have been to a few of their properties, but booking can sometimes be difficult, specially when you plan holidays at short notice. My family & I are glad that we stayed at The Tamara - very expensive but well worth it !

Most Viewed