Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2014, 14:12   #16
BHPian

Re: Spiti Valley on a Bicycle!

Wow!! Am really looking forward to the rest of the story in detail. Thanks for sharing your amazing adventure. Do take us through each day one at a time from the purchase of the bikes and gear to how u managed to convince your family to go along with this.

I am hoping to cycle from Manali to Leh and all your inputs will be very valuable.

Incidentally i did the Spiti Valley last year and i know how tough the terrain is..even though I did it in a Fortuner!

Look forward to the rest of the story.
Old 28th October 2014, 00:19   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyadassi View Post
From humourous (referring to your earlier posts) to philosophical, you really have an amazing range. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for appreciation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Wow!! Am really looking forward to the rest of the story in detail. Thanks for sharing your amazing adventure. Do take us through each day one at a time from the purchase of the bikes and gear to how u managed to convince your family to go along with this.

I am hoping to cycle from Manali to Leh and all your inputs will be very valuable.

Incidentally i did the Spiti Valley last year and i know how tough the terrain is..even though I did it in a Fortuner!

Look forward to the rest of the story.
@Manuj
Thank for you those kind words.... I'm not much of a day wise log keeper..
for me each day on the ride is Eat-Ride-Break-Ride-Rest-Sleep; and repeat the same next day...

The notes are the stories I keep looking in between those stages;

As far as preparations are concerned; since this was our first bicycle ride...we took everything that is needed... and rode carefully as we can..

now with experience I can say, there is nothing much to do on the bicycle part... but hell of a lot to do on the physical training part.. So for Manali and Leh, start working on that physical endurance thing.. rest is just a day's work.. (Packing and Spares)

Best of Luck
Old 28th October 2014, 05:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Interesting. Leaving the regular stuff aside, what I find curious as a biker is your choice of attire. Why jeans etc instead of the purpose-designed cycling apparel?
Old 28th October 2014, 07:49   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing. Will cherish lessons and remember 0-bhp
Old 29th October 2014, 00:40   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Interesting. Leaving the regular stuff aside, what I find curious as a biker is your choice of attire. Why jeans etc instead of the purpose-designed cycling apparel?
No special reason; just that we already jumped the budget with these new cycles and accessories.. hardly there was anything left to buy the cycling apparels... Hence took off on jeans and tees only... And they were quite comfortable. No issue while pedaling.. Stretch fit and narrow down the feet.
Old 29th October 2014, 04:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Well, I just jumped directly to the pictures. Then jumped to Flicker and saw the entire photostream.
Went breathless and then felt, there must be something about this guy who has clicked these pictures which reflects so much of his emotions.
So,went back and read the entire transcript.
Must say you have got some of the best skills one can acquire in a life- Writing, Photography, Cycling.

Coming back, lovely writing. A bit of gyaan, but that overlooks the emotions that you ran through.
The 0 BHP and "....Please" part were the heightened moments of the trip !!

Would love to see more travelogues of your bicycle expeditions.
I see you have an Impulse too. Any T-Logs on that ?
Old 29th October 2014, 06:52   #22
BHPian

Great work guys!

My regards to your riding buddies too.

I agree with you on the " your body is truly limitless" statement.

Cheers!
Old 31st October 2014, 14:53   #23
BHPian

Hats off Omvaikul! That was quite a feat what you and your 2 friends did. Agree with what you said about cycling as a habit, not just for fitness or any other thing. And you were right about giving it back, we have all polluted the earth a lot by burning fuel. Not sure if I will ever dare to try what you did but at least this has motivated me to take up cycling again, like the good old school days.
Old 31st October 2014, 20:51   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Well, I just jumped directly to the pictures. Then jumped to Flicker and saw the entire photostream.
Went breathless and then felt, there must be something about this guy who has clicked these pictures which reflects so much of his emotions.
So,went back and read the entire transcript.
Must say you have got some of the best skills one can acquire in a life- Writing, Photography, Cycling.

Coming back, lovely writing. A bit of gyaan, but that overlooks the emotions that you ran through.
The 0 BHP and "....Please" part were the heightened moments of the trip !!

Would love to see more travelogues of your bicycle expeditions.
I see you have an Impulse too. Any T-Logs on that ?
@Soumyajit9 Thank you for the appreciation;

And I don't have a dedicated exclusive trip done on Impulse but in this link you can find many photos from the random trips done on that bike;

Scouting Maharashtra

And if you like the reading part then you'll surely enjoy going through my True Wanderers travelogue; I was the winner of the third edition this year.

http://truewanderers.in/travelogues/finalist/4.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Great work guys!

My regards to your riding buddies too.

I agree with you on the " your body is truly limitless" statement.

Cheers!
Thanks man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikji View Post
Hats off Omvaikul! That was quite a feat what you and your 2 friends did. Agree with what you said about cycling as a habit, not just for fitness or any other thing. And you were right about giving it back, we have all polluted the earth a lot by burning fuel. Not sure if I will ever dare to try what you did but at least this has motivated me to take up cycling again, like the good old school days.
Give it a try; its never too late... Glad you find this inspiring..
Old 31st October 2014, 22:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

Omvaikul
Your travelog is awesome. Not only for the narration, not only for the photos - those are skills. It's awesome essentially because it inspires greatness. Loved each and every word and the spirit!
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 09:03   #26
BHPian

Amazing narration Om.
And what an amazing feet to overcome every obstacle with such an overwhelming passion. What is even more amazing is your understanding of intricate human nature and simpifying everything with spiritual and philosophical aspect with such felicity has made your narrative an empirical experience.
Truely inspirational. I bow in reverence and thank you for that.
Old 11th November 2014, 10:23   #27
BHPian

Can you please share the day wise details? also what all you packed? more details please, this is just so awesome. Also how did you take your cycle there, etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks