Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2014, 11:33   #16
BHPian

Re: Taming the wild in my plucky Alto K10 - Roadtrip to Kanha & Tadoba (from Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
is there any bus service from bangalore to Kanha? I could not find any.
Train takes 32+ hrs
flight to jabalpur takes lot of time
flight to nagpur is ok but again one has to travel about 5 hrs by taxi/bus from nagpur to Kanha.

Bangalore to Kanha does not seem to have good public transport options.
Avimal - all the more reason to do a roadtrip from Bangy/Hyd, my preliminary research told me this and boy was it fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laferrari View Post
Wonderful write-up hothatchaway.

You have a great writing style and a complementing sense of humour.

Coming to your decision of doing it solo. Hat's off.
Thanks laferrari, comments like these help justify those inflated gasoline bills
hothatchaway is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 13:29   #17
BHPian

Re: Taming the wild in my plucky Alto K10 - Roadtrip to Kanha & Tadoba (from Bangalore)

Nice travelogue, brought back some fond memories esp the Bhagira log huts where I stayed during my visit. MP parks and MPTDC are a league apart when you compare to other state run organizations.

It was good to read up on the changes to the safari procedures which were different when I visited last. I am heading to Kanha for the New Years with 2 other bhpians. But, this time around I am staying at MPTDC Safari Lodge at Mukki.

BTW the Bhagira Log huts would be closed very soon as it is in the Buffer area of the park, for folks who want to experience nature very closely at Kanha now is the right time.
Old 30th December 2014, 10:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
BTW the Bhagira Log huts would be closed very soon as it is in the Buffer area of the park, for folks who want to experience nature very closely at Kanha now is the right time.
It should be available until the end of the current season, with the new property coming up near mocha village, about 3 kms from the khatia gate.

Some employees are hopeful that both will remain operational, thats a pipe dream perhaps!

So for keen wildlife enthusiasts, this is the time to make a beeline
Old 2nd January 2015, 18:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1dotcom View Post
Having visited Tadoba in Nov 2014, we took the Nagpur highway route while going and took the Karimnagar route on the way back.

Anyone visiting from Hyderabad are advised to take the Karimnagar route as the road is a hundred times better than the Nagpur Highway route.
Hi,

I would be very much interested in the route thru Karimnagar after reading all the horror stories about the nagpur highway. I am travelling to Tadoba soon and very less information is available about the Karminagar route.
Old 24th January 2015, 01:40   #20
BHPian

adimicra: https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ta...7.427455?hl=en

Hope this helps...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks