Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2015, 04:16   #16
BHPian

Re: Lazing around on a beach in Goa

Ah.I stayed in the exact same resort in Patnem beach. A nice place. I ve been to Goa 5 times and twice were during the monsoons. Your pics brought back memories. And Agonda is a beautiful beach too. What laziness !!
Rubbertramps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 11:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the lovely photologue and sharing the details of the places to stay, Dr.AD.

Just a 3 day trip? I guess Goa would be ~9 hours from Bangalore too, so on a long weekend, you'd still be left with a good 1 and a half day to spend in Goa. I've never given Goa a consideration for a quick, lazy weekend getaway, but the pictures posted by you are just so inviting . I'm already imagining myself lazing around on a nice, serene beach watching the sunset.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 13:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
This is not really a travelogue, because the travel is hardly logged. This is not even my latest travel, but in fact, a year old thing.

There isn't really a story to tell here. Just a couple of shots from the car while driving there and back, and then lots of random shots on the beautiful beach. That is all.

OK, so here are the pictures...
Hey Dr AD. Not sure if your pen is mightier than your wheel or vice versa .

Brevity is the soul of wit. Neat write up and super captures.

Thou shall script the Goa drive meet, whenever it happens

Cheers
RSUDARSANAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 14:36   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Thanks for the wonderful set of snaps, they do speak a lot. I have never been to Goa and your snaps are tempting me to Visit.
Thanks Mr. Boss. If my travelogue indeed inspires anybody to go visit Goa, I will be extremely happy. What better use of a travelogue than this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I spent a couple of days in 2010 on a South Goa beach called Agonda where a family wedding was scheduled (there is a travelogue penned by me on the forum about it as well, in case you're interested!) This is really well-written. Looking forward to more of your travelogues.
Thanks noopster! I checked your travelogue too. Very nice! Your pictures of Agonda beach brought back memories of my visit to that beach. Actually I was in Pune before I moved to Bangalore, and used to frequently travel southwards on NH4 through Katraj bypass. Your picture of NH4 Katraj bypass brought back so many memories. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Might I ask how the weather was at that time of the year? I haven't been to Goa in years hence the noobish question.
Thanks createrkid. The weather was actually very nice! Goa has usually the best weather from mid-November till end-January or so. The mornings are crisp and cool, the days are not very hot - in low 20s (Celsius) I would say, and evenings are again mild and comfortable. You will get a lot of Sun (as opposed to monsoon), but without the scorching heat of April or May. So if you want to enjoy the bright sunlight without the terrible heat, November to January is the best time!

Apart from this, as I already mentioned, July-August is another time when Goa is at its beat! But that is a totally different kind of beauty, and a different kind of "best weather". Ideally, one should visit Goa both in January and in August to enjoy the two best extremes of Goa weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
Ah.I stayed in the exact same resort in Patnem beach. A nice place.
Thanks Rubbertramps. Yes, that resort is indeed a nice place. I might go and stay in the exact same place again in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Just a 3 day trip? I guess Goa would be ~9 hours from Bangalore too, so on a long weekend, you'd still be left with a good 1 and a half day to spend in Goa.
Thanks S2. I agree with you that 3 day trip is way too short for Goa. But I often make longer (week-long) trips. In addition to those trips, this was an impromptu plan when we only had 3 days in hand (a weekend followed by a leave on Monday). Yes, South Goa is around 9 hours from Bangalore, so even if I have only 3 days, I can still enjoy a good 1 and a half day in Goa. We actually reached there at 3PM on Saturday, so got that full evening to enjoy in addition to the full Sunday. So it worked out pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
Thou shall script the Goa drive meet, whenever it happens
Thanks RSUDARSANAN for your kind words. You have got me super-excited by the mention of a Goa drive/meet. Actually I have been hearing some exciting rumors of a next plan from you, and I am eagerly looking forward to that.

Unfortunately I missed last couple of drives with you guys. But I am definitely coming with you on the next drive. If that happens to be Goa, then all I can say is "sone pe suhaagaa" :-) And it goes without saying that I will be more than happy to script our next drive.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 21st January 2015 at 14:45. Reason: Made the quotations specific and brief
Dr.AD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 19:44   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
.......Another way to enjoy Goa is in monsoons. That is a completely different Goa (very different from your impressions about Goa), and you will have a great time! .............
.........Besides the natural beauty, monsoon is also the time when there are zero crowds on some of the beaches (I have been to Morjim beach in the rains and apart from us, there was nobody there at all), and you get heavy discounts on most of the hotels and resorts.........
+1.

Been there, done that and would heartily recommend the 'different' experience. We went as a group of 4 in Aug 2011, stayed at the Goa Tourism resort right at Calangute beach for 4N/5D for the princely sum of 14k INR, hired two bikes (brand-new Avengers) on the cheap and went biking in the rains for the entire stay. Lovely countryside, narrow and empty country roads with not a soul in sight for miles. Pristine empty beaches (morning/evening walks were heavenly), lovely churches and sightseeing places sans the crowds and awesome food at terrific off-season rates.

One of my favorite vacations to date.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st January 2015 at 19:46.
Old 23rd January 2015, 18:30   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful pics there Dr.AD and crisp narration too.

Next time you visit Goa, take a detour from beaches.
There's much more to Goa than just beaches.
The interiors of Goa are much unique with a kind of beauty which can be seen only in Goa.

You can find a few of them mentioned in this :

Drive safe

Last edited by dhanushmenon : 23rd January 2015 at 18:30. Reason: Inserting Link
dhanushmenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 23:08   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Wonderful pics there Dr.AD and crisp narration too.

There's much more to Goa than just beaches.
The interiors of Goa are much unique with a kind of beauty which can be seen only in Goa.
Thanks a lot dhanushmenon. And thanks for the suggestion of taking a detour from beaches too. I agree with you. I have been to a few places in the interiors of Goa (e.g. spice plantations, temples, churches etc.), and those places were very fascinating too. I will explore more of the interior Goa in my next trip.
Dr.AD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 15:41   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Actually I have been hearing some exciting rumors of a next plan from you, and I am eagerly looking forward to that.

Unfortunately I missed last couple of drives with you guys. But I am definitely coming with you on the next drive.
Here it is Dr.AD

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ry-2015-a.html

Cheers

Last edited by RSUDARSANAN : 24th January 2015 at 15:44.
RSUDARSANAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 11:18   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
Thanks a lot RSUDARSANAN. I just saw that thread and replied also. I am in :-)

Looking forward to that trip, and more travelogues (hopefully) coming out of that trip.
Old 28th February 2015, 16:18   #25
BHPian

Very beautiful pictures. And equally beautiful beach.
Super-happy to relive old memories of Goan beaches.
I have seen a lot of beautiful beaches near Karwar as well. Infact, the whole coast is ideally located and hence the brilliant beaches.

One question though. I noticed a Red flag on the beach in a couple of photos. Is there a particular reason for it?
It's not near any shack so I don't think its for any kind of advertisement. Besides, it doesn't have anything written on it.
DevilzzzzOwn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 08:55   #26
BHPian

There are plenty of beach shacks (nice rooms with attached bath) that you could get for 1300-1400 per night on the beach or walking distance away from beach.

Don't book online, go there and argain.

Or try expedia deals, same hotels you would get for less.

Ideally you should drive to North Goa, stay for a day, explore beaches at least till Arambol, next day drive to South Goa, stay for a day and then come back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks