Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2015, 15:07   #16
BHPian

Re: Epic Road-trip from Kolkata: Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore & Orchha

Thanks buddy for your comments and for all your inputs before the trip. Lets see if we can work out the next road trip, together!!
anirbanz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 15:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

No doubt you had an epic trip. From Kolkata to Jaipur you were treading territory known to me. Ranthambore onwards you were in places I've always wanted to go .

One request though. You seem to have been in a hurry to complete the travelogue, going by your narration and number of pics. Please upload some more pics. A place as epic as Orchha surely deserves more than 4 pictures! Same for Fatehpur Sikri, which would greatly help readers who have not been there.
predatorwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 15:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
No doubt you had an epic trip. From Kolkata to Jaipur you were treading territory known to me. Ranthambore onwards you were in places I've always wanted to go .

One request though. You seem to have been in a hurry to complete the travelogue, going by your narration and number of pics. Please upload some more pics. A place as epic as Orchha surely deserves more than 4 pictures! Same for Fatehpur Sikri, which would greatly help readers who have not been there.
Thanks a lot for reading and sharing your comments Yes, I do agree that places like Orchha deserve more pictures.This is my first travelogue and possibly tried to to keep it crisp, but will surely post some more pictures
Old 5th February 2015, 16:59   #19
BHPian

It goes without saying how much we missed being on this journey!
The travelogue truly captures the essence of this journey across different regions of our country and pics complement the writeup!
Agree with predatorwheelz - there should be more pictures! Bring them on
redeye10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 23:52   #20
BHPian

On request some more pictures of Orchha

The Ramraja temple :
Epic Road-trip from Kolkata: Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore & Orchha-dscn9705.jpg

remnants of some work of art inside the palace
Epic Road-trip from Kolkata: Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore & Orchha-dscn9714.jpg

Jahangir Mahal:
Epic Road-trip from Kolkata: Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore & Orchha-dscn9731.jpg
Epic Road-trip from Kolkata: Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore & Orchha-dscn9741.jpg

A closer look at the "Chhatris":
Epic Road-trip from Kolkata: Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore & Orchha-dscn9802.jpg
Epic Road-trip from Kolkata: Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore & Orchha-dscn9814.jpg
Epic Road-trip from Kolkata: Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore & Orchha-dscn9820.jpg
Epic Road-trip from Kolkata: Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore & Orchha-dscn9821.jpg

Banks of River Betwa:
Epic Road-trip from Kolkata: Agra, Jaipur, Ranthambore & Orchha-dscn9824.jpg
anirbanz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2015, 16:06   #21
BHPian

Excellent travelogue Anirban - nicely written and the awesome snaps do bring the trip alive! Thanks for the useful pieces of information; and yes, it does bring back memories of our good old trips! Time to plan another big one!
GhostRider28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 19:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirbanz View Post
We reached our hotel in Orchha around 7 pm. There are a couple of good options to stay in Orchha, like hotel Sheesh Mahal inside the Orccha Fort complex which is run by MPTDC. However we chose to stay in a beautiful palatial property called Hotel Bundelkhand Riverside, which is infact owned and managed by the current descendant of Orchha’s Maharaja.
Dear Anirban,
Will you please let me know what may be the charges of this hotel you stayed in? I am planning a tour to Orchha in a fortnight or so.
Regards,
Rahul Biswas,
Cossipore,
North Calcutta
Old 29th October 2015, 13:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
Dear Anirban,
Will you please let me know what may be the charges of this hotel you stayed in? I am planning a tour to Orchha in a fortnight or so.
Regards,
Rahul Biswas,
Cossipore,
North Calcutta
Dear Mr. Rahul,
Sorry for seeing your message late. For orchha, you can try the MPTDC hotels which cost in the range of 3000 to 4500 approx for double rooms.Otherwise you can try Bundelkhand Riverside, which is slightly on the higher side.Both the options can be booked online.
Old 2nd November 2015, 08:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Rahul, For orchha, you can try the MPTDC hotels which cost in the range of 3000 to 4500 approx for double rooms.Otherwise you can try Bundelkhand Riverside, which is slightly on the higher side.Both the options can be booked online.
Thanks. But I did not stay at Orchha. From your postings and others travelogues I was convinced that it was sufficient to stay there for a few hours. Hence I started from Gwalior by six in the morning, reaching there shortly after nine. After staying there for some four hours I left the same day, reaching Benaras at around ten at the evening.
Regards,
Rahul
Old 26th May 2016, 15:42   #25
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue of places i have been to in a similar trip. Somehow I missed seeing this earlier.
I am planning on a Ranthambore trip from Jaipur. I shall be staying at RTDC Jhoomar Baori. Would you suggest that I go via Swai Madhopur town or take the short cut through Soorwal to Sherpur? Is that a practical route? I am seeing this road on Google Maps. But I wonder if it is a practical road to take.
Do you have any opinion/suggestion on my choice of stay in Ranthambore?
Old 6th June 2016, 14:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Nice travelogue of places i have been to in a similar trip. Somehow I missed seeing this earlier.
I am planning on a Ranthambore trip from Jaipur. I shall be staying at RTDC Jhoomar Baori. Would you suggest that I go via Swai Madhopur town or take the short cut through Soorwal to Sherpur? Is that a practical route? I am seeing this road on Google Maps. But I wonder if it is a practical road to take.
Do you have any opinion/suggestion on my choice of stay in Ranthambore?
Hi Sudipto, I do not have much information on the Soorwal to Sherpur Road and would suggest you to take the more popular route through Sawai Madhopur. Jhoomar Baori is indeed a great place to stay. It is located at an elevation so offers you good views of the forest. However it is a few metres up the hill from the main road and location is somewhat desolate(which is a fun factor for some like me). The better rooms of this hotel are on higher floors which will make you climb up really huge stairs. A strict no if you have senior citizens. On the other hand RTDC Vinayak is close to the forest, yet next to the main road. Rooms are pretty good and comes little cheaper than Jhoomar Baori
anirbanz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 12:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sudipto, I do not have much information on the Soorwal to Sherpur Road and would suggest you to take the more popular route through Sawai Madhopur. Jhoomar Baori is indeed a great place to stay. It is located at an elevation so offers you good views of the forest. However it is a few metres up the hill from the main road and location is somewhat desolate(which is a fun factor for some like me). The better rooms of this hotel are on higher floors which will make you climb up really huge stairs. A strict no if you have senior citizens. On the other hand RTDC Vinayak is close to the forest, yet next to the main road. Rooms are pretty good and comes little cheaper than Jhoomar Baori
Thanks Anirbanz for the information and the tips on Jhumar Baori.
Old 18th October 2016, 12:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Happy to inform that I am just back from a road trip to Ranthambore where we stayed at Jhumar Baori. We got perhaps the best rooms on the back of the second floor with exclusive balconies overlooking the forest. The steps are really high in the stair case. But then it's a unique heritage property - perhaps the best in Swai Madhopur. And at 52, I am reasonably fit.

I had kept an eye open for the Soorwal short cut. But after seeing it I realised even cows wouldn't take it :-)

I had wanted to come back via Bundi-Kota-Jhansi-Kanpur but people advised me against it, saying Jhansi to Kanpur is in bad state. I have been on that route before. So I came back via Dausa-Agra-Kanpur-Benares. 909 km in almost non-stop 16 hours.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed