Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2015, 12:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Temple Drive: Bangalore to Mantralayam, Srisailam, Mahanandi, Belum Caves & more

I am planning a 3 day trip to Srisailam and have done the booking for accomodation and seegradarshan. I am planning to start around 1.00 am midnight today and intend to take the Dornala-Nandyal-Kadapa-Madanapalle route atleast once. How safe is this route incase of travelling in the night, is it a naxal infested area? Looking for inputs on this route and overall how is the road condition from Kurnool to Srisailam, is Pulivendula still a naxal infested area?
Old 3rd April 2015, 15:18   #32
BHPian

Re: Temple Drive: Bangalore to Mantralayam, Srisailam, Mahanandi, Belum Caves & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I am planning a 3 day trip to Srisailam and have done the booking for accomodation and seegradarshan. I am planning to start around 1.00 am midnight today and intend to take the Dornala-Nandyal-Kadapa-Madanapalle route atleast once. How safe is this route incase of travelling in the night, is it a naxal infested area? Looking for inputs on this route and overall how is the road condition from Kurnool to Srisailam, is Pulivendula still a naxal infested area?
I cannot comment on the road conditions/other facilities . But what I can say from the past year or two, the naxal movement has reduced to a large extent and I don't remember any sort of naxal activity to be reported [ going by the news dailies and other media] .
Naxal movement has largely decreased in the Nallamala region, of late.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 08:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Finally, I fulfilled my wish of a trip to Srisailam on March 11th, it was a night drive to start with from Bangalore to Kurnool on NH44 and then taking the route via Nandikotkur-Atmakur-Doranala-Srisailam. The road is in good condition up to Nandikotkur but thereafter it is not a smooth stretch plus accompanied by hard speed breakers. The worst part of the drive was between Atmakur to Doranala, reckless driving by trucks coming from opposite direction. The road condition is only average till Srisailam, it took 9 hours to reach from Bangalore. I took the same route for returning home.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks