Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2015, 14:30   #16
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ladakh through my eyes

That is an awesome experience very well narrated and with beautiful pictures, Thanks for sharing

One thing I felt is that you could have done some more research/reading up about hotels and options for stay at various places. That may have helped you find better places to stay easily rather than hunting around. But since you were just 2 guys, you still managed and the experience added to the adventures of the journey. As they say the Journey is more important that the Destination!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamtiwari View Post
One important thing that I would like to point out is about my skill in English. I have been educated in Hindi Medium through out my life and hence have only working knowledge of English. Readers will find lot of mistakes in write up but I am sure meaning would be conveyed. Please bear with me.
You have not only conveyed the meaning very well, it is gripping enough to feel one is doing this journey just by reading your travelogue
Just ignore the English bit, no big deal! Even so called English educated people make lot of spelling and other grammatical mistakes.

Last edited by NPV : 27th May 2015 at 14:33.
Old 27th May 2015, 15:10   #17
Team-BHP Support

amazing pics Anupam. Really love your composition and the colors.

Speaking of Rohtang, well foggy Rohtang is really deadly. Scary memories!
Old 27th May 2015, 19:51   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I cant comment on your writing skills but the photographs you have shared are simply brilliant! They just cant get any better! By seeing the quality of pics you have shared, i rated this travelogue a well deserved 5*.

I sincerely want to thank all three of you, because of whom we got this wonderful travelogue.
1)You (anupamtiwari) - For sharing this wonderful travelogue.
2)Tsk1979 - As he inspired you for this trip.
3)Mitesh - He guided you on such brilliant photography.

Last edited by Samba : 27th May 2015 at 20:01.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 20:27   #19
BHPian

Amazing pictures! Ladakh always amazes with new colors each time.
I too have been working on Leh’s plan for past one year but couldn’t execute due to various reasons. I hope I am able to complete it this year (I fear that NGT might come with more “laws” which would make the journey more difficult than perilous).
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 11:17   #20
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Also avoid Quoting entire large posts for short replies, affects readability. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatt1800 View Post
Speechless after looking at your snaps of Kashmir and Ladakh. Truly "paradise" on earth. Remarkable photologue, one of the best in Team-BHP. A million thanks, Anupam Tiwari.
Thanks a lot for your appreciation Venkat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
That is an awesome experience very well narrated and with beautiful pictures, Thanks for sharing
=======
Just ignore the English bit, no big deal! Even so called English educated people make lot of spelling and other grammatical mistakes.
Thanks a lot for you words. Yes as you rightly said we did some basic research about them like which area to look for hotels etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
amazing pics Anupam. Really love your composition and the colors.

Speaking of Rohtang, well foggy Rohtang is really deadly. Scary memories!

Thanks a lot TSK for your appreciation and thanks again for your write up, its brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Amazing pictures! Ladakh always amazes with new colors each time.
I too have been working on Leh’s plan for past one year but couldn’t execute due to various reasons. I hope I am able to complete it this year (I fear that NGT might come with more “laws” which would make the journey more difficult than perilous).
Thanks a lot Anuj. Go for it, its a place which will make you numb with its sheer beauty. My advice would be to do a relaxed trip even if short. In case you have less number of days dont try to cover all the places and visit one or two in the region. Let me assure you that once you are there, you will resolve to come again and again.

Last edited by anupamtiwari : 28th May 2015 at 11:34. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.
Old 28th May 2015, 12:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Anuj. Go for it, its a place which will make you numb with its sheer beauty. My advice would be to do a relaxed trip even if short. In case you have less number of days dont try to cover all the places and visit one or two in the region. Let me assure you that once you are there, you will resolve to come again and again.
Thanks for the tip. My plan look like this:
Ladakh through my eyes-leh-itenary.jpg

Not sure if its relaxed!
Rows marked in Blue can be treated as buffer & fuel availability is marked with *.
Old 28th May 2015, 12:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. My plan look like this:

Not sure if its relaxed!
Rows marked in Blue can be treated as buffer & fuel availability is marked with *.
Looks good. Any particular reason for going via Manali. I would suggest go via Srinagar and come back via Manali. There are two benefits of doing this, first is lower chance of AMS and second is avoiding a mess called Rohtang. Yes you have to cross Rohtang while coming back also but its more messy when you ascent Rohtang from Manali side due to high number of tourists. If you plan your timings closure to evening while coming back then you will have very less traffic at Rohtang. But just dont try to cross Rohtang either after 6pm.

Last edited by anupamtiwari : 28th May 2015 at 13:01.
Old 28th May 2015, 13:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Looks good. Any particular reason for going via Manali...
You already said it (but with inverse reason). Its the Rohtang pass. I don't care about the jams/smoke/dirt/slush out there! I need to conquer it first.
For AMS, I have already planned a overnight stay in Jispa.
Old 28th May 2015, 13:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
You already said it (but with inverse reason). Its the Rohtang pass. I don't care about the jams/smoke/dirt/slush out there! I need to conquer it first.
For AMS, I have already planned a overnight stay in Jispa.
Another thing that you should be careful about is one day target to Srinagar from Leh. It would be quite tiring and long journey. Since you have one day buffer, you can think of staying at Kargil or Drass. All the best for your trip.

Most Viewed