Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 10:45   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: W.E.S.T. - Western End from Southern Tip

And I wondered and kept wondering for few months thinking why you haven't posted a Travelogue yet.

Well narrated & awesomely depicted Travelogue there Hemant.

This Travelogue of yours only reminds me that I have done this section (Except KK - Mahe) but in separate drives over the last few years. Call that my worst habbit, I am super bad at taking photos during my drives. That only reason for my Tlog on GQ was due to the photos that my cousin clicked.

NH17, Gir, Kutch, Mandvi - Ah!!! Nostalgic for me and my best pic among these would still be that one all night drive on NH17 (and incidentally in a Punto in 2014). Adipur Mandvi, Rann of Kutch is what we did in 2012 in my WagonR and a local relative there took us to some awesome and secluded beaches near Mandvi.

Only a week back we drove Rajkot Somnath via Keshod for onward and via Gir/Talala/Medarada on return so these images are still moving around in my head.

You have some fantastic way to document and convert your drives into a Beautiful and catchy travelogue .

Regarding the Gir episode, we spoke at length and I wish things worked in your favor then. Just bad luck and I learnt what happened only after you returned. But anyway, there is always next time!

There is so much one can do in his lifetime and one of them which is a must is drive around your country and experience the beauty of it.

Last edited by paragsachania : 28th January 2016 at 10:48.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 11:13   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And I wondered and kept wondering for few months thinking why you haven't posted a Travelogue yet.

Completely agree on this one.

Quote:
There is so much one can do in his lifetime and one of them which is a must is drive around your country and experience the beauty of it.
Yes yes. I have been trying to do so a well!

A travelogue has just been put up on a recent 9500 kms drive!

Cheers
Rajain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 12:18   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much Parag
And yes, it took much more time to come out than it should have.

Quote:
This Travelogue of yours only reminds me that I have done this section (Except KK - Mahe) but in separate drives over the last few years. Call that my worst habbit, I am super bad at taking photos during my drives. That only reason for my Tlog on GQ was due to the photos that my cousin clicked.
And some of my friends tell me that I do not take may photos while driving

Quote:
NH17, Gir, Kutch, Mandvi - Ah!!! Nostalgic for me and my best pic among these would still be that one all night drive on NH17 (and incidentally in a Punto in 2014). Adipur Mandvi, Rann of Kutch is what we did in 2012 in my WagonR and a local relative there took us to some awesome and secluded beaches near Mandvi.
Only a week back we drove Rajkot Somnath via Keshod for onward and via Gir/Talala/Medarada on return so these images are still moving around in my head.
For a guy like you who knows this area like the back of his hand, it would definitely give some nice memories. I can completely understand.
Quote:
Regarding the Gir episode, we spoke at length and I wish things worked in your favor then. Just bad luck and I learnt what happened only after you returned. But anyway, there is always next time!
Yes, There things happen sometimes. not everything goes one's way all the time.

Quote:
+100. Even now, I feel I've hardly covered anything. There are still so many things to do, places to see in our nation

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 28th January 2016 at 12:21.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 22:47   #49
BHPian

WOW !!

What a trip !
Amazing Food!
Amazing Photography!
Amazing Details!

I don't possibly have anything else to say !
dreamliner17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 10:03   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamliner17 View Post
WOW !!

What a trip !
Amazing Food!
Amazing Photography!
Amazing Details!

I don't possibly have anything else to say !
Thank you very much dreamliner17

Although I could not taste many things, I must say this.
I was just amazed at the range of dishes that were on offer even though all of them are coastal cuisines.
That justifies why there are so many TV shows out there that show so much about Indian food. Especially by people/chefs from other countries on FOX channel and others.
Old 29th January 2016, 15:32   #51
BHPian

A fabulous travelogue indeed Hemanth!It was an epic journey, but your travelogue, is legendary. A long write up, but one that I thoroughly enjoyed reading. I have done about 60% of your road trip myself, though in various stages. Being a Mangalorean, with relatives in Goa, and down the coast in Kerala, the NH 17/66 is like a driveway. Also having done the Bangalore Pune, Goa - Mumbai and then the Bangalore Kanyakumari runway, the land of the Lion and the Wild Ass, is unconquered. Your travelogue, with the beautiful Rann has now sown the seed in my mind, the "keeda" to get this done myself!

Thanks again and will reach out to you for some expert advise when the time comes

PS: Non veg available in Rann [Land of Bapu] is another positive
Old 30th January 2016, 10:32   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshyRocks View Post
A fabulous travelogue indeed Hemanth!It was an epic journey, but your travelogue, is legendary. A long write up, but one that I thoroughly enjoyed reading. I have done about 60% of your road trip myself, though in various stages.
Thank you very much AshyRocks

Quote:
Thanks again and will reach out to you for some expert advise when the time comes
I'd be happy to share whatever I know

Quote:
PS: Non veg available in Rann [Land of Bapu] is another positive
Yes this is actually a myth. I came to know of it only during this trip.
Alchohol, however is completely banned and illegal in Gujarat
Old 30th January 2016, 13:14   #53
BHPian

As always i appreciate your patience and salute the attention to details.
Going through the travelogue made me feel a part of the journey.
Happy planning for the next venture. Am very anxious to know WHAT NEXT?
avinashsg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 19:08   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome pics, Superb narration, Well planned and more importantly the kind of data that you have captured is unbelievable , especially during this kind of long drive it is tough to keep track of the data . Also, your narration was more of like a running commentary.

Kudos to your wife for letting you go alone!

And this kind of TLs inspire you up to plan a similar one.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 19:45   #55

Nice coastal drive Hemanth. But the metiiculous detailing is something extraordinary. You sure have an eye for detail. Hope the East coast drive too materializes soon. Meanwhile, I am also planning a trip to Gujarat this Feb and got some valuable inputs from your travelogue. Thanks
gurudasmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 20:35   #56
BHPian

Wonderful travelogue and an epic trip Sir! Kudos to you. The pictures were just awesome. And mind blowing amount of details too!
Food pics made us foodies go

Please do take up more trips like these and put up more wonderful travelogues.

Neel

P.S: The Punto just looks amazing, much better than the newly launched Abarth Punto.

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 30th January 2016 at 20:37.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 21:41   #57
BHPian

Thanks for this Hemanth bhai. Excellent and well written travelogue. You have no idea how envious I am right now. This one goes straight into my bucket list.
avi@98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 09:45   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinashsg View Post
As always i appreciate your patience and salute the attention to details.
Going through the travelogue made me feel a part of the journey.
Happy planning for the next venture. Am very anxious to know WHAT NEXT?
Thanks avinashsg
'What next' depends on whether you come with your Safari or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Awesome pics, Superb narration, Well planned and more importantly the kind of data that you have captured is unbelievable , especially during this kind of long drive it is tough to keep track of the data . Also, your narration was more of like a running commentary.
Thanks arun_josie for those nice words.
Capturing the data was tough only during our first trip 3 years ago.
But then that experience helped me to understand how effectively we could capture maximum data with minimum efforts.
One small notepad is all we used.
Looking forward to your next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudasmishra View Post
Nice coastal drive Hemanth. But the metiiculous detailing is something extraordinary. You sure have an eye for detail. Hope the East coast drive too materializes soon. Meanwhile, I am also planning a trip to Gujarat this Feb and got some valuable inputs from your travelogue. Thanks
Thank you gurudasmishra.
Glad that was of use to you. All the best for your plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Wonderful travelogue and an epic trip Sir! Kudos to you. The pictures were just awesome. And mind blowing amount of details too!
Food pics made us foodies go

Please do take up more trips like these and put up more wonderful travelogues.

Neel

P.S: The Punto just looks amazing, much better than the newly launched Abarth Punto.
Thank you very much petrolhead_neel.

I Agree with your last sentence. If I purchase the new Abarth Punto now, I will surely want to change the looks to match the Grande Punto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
Thanks for this Hemanth bhai. Excellent and well written travelogue. You have no idea how envious I am right now. This one goes straight into my bucket list.
Thank you very much for those compliments. Being in Trivandrum, I guess you would've finished half of this-And in more detail too I guess.
Old 1st February 2016, 12:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Alcohol, however is completely banned and illegal in Gujarat
Hey Hemanth, I am not too sure on the complete ban of alcohol in Gujarat. A friend of mine in Ahmedabad mentioned that many of 5 and 7 star hotels have permits to serve alcohol. Further, if you are a tourist or in Gujarat for short visit, apparently you can get a permit to buy drinks by showing your arrival air ticket etc, the permit being valid for a week. Though I am not too sure how that works.
I will allow our TBHPians from Gujarat to vouch for it
Maybe next time you are in Gujarat you can have a tequila on the Rann... Just carry the lemon, plenty of salt around anyways
AshyRocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 08:51   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshyRocks View Post
Hey Hemanth, I am not too sure on the complete ban of alcohol in Gujarat. A friend of mine in Ahmedabad mentioned that many of 5 and 7 star hotels have permits to serve alcohol. Further, if you are a tourist or in Gujarat for short visit, apparently you can get a permit to buy drinks by showing your arrival air ticket etc, the permit being valid for a week. Though I am not too sure how that works.
There may be. Lets anyway not discuss about it more; it will be against TBHP rules

Quote:
Maybe next time you are in Gujarat you can have a tequila on the Rann... Just carry the lemon, plenty of salt around anyways

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks